• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Agent327

That was written on June 13. Today, there are 1795 players listed in PvP Arena. Not encouraging. :(

Don't know where you get your numbers. In your world (Walstrand) are 6484 active players, of which 4484 are active fighters. If 1794 players are listed in the PvP Arena that means it can be considered a success.

Pericles the Lion

PvP is growing on me. The stacked monthly rewards for Crystal include 250 goods and 250 fps. With consistent daily play Crystal is easy to get. Weekly rewards are not bad...I got diamonds and a reno kit last week, a SOK and a RogueHO this week (fodder for the AD). Remaining in the #51-#500 bracket should be easy with consistent play and only made easier with 30% player participation. Not as good as fp farming in GBG but it's not bad considering how little time is needed to battle a dozen times a day.

The Lady Redneck

OK. Still enjoying PvP. Getting to Crystal is not hard at all so the rewards are decent for the amount of effort it takes. But have to say I am beginning to feel kinda bad for the same limited number of opponents I face. I recently moved to FE thinking I would get different ones but am still mostly facing the same guys I did in TE. I have played them so long I know their defense so I can beat all three of them, even when they do make changes to their DA. On the rare occasion I do get someone different I manual battle them first time. Then go back to auto. One if the regulars belongs to a guild we had a very successful farming season with in GFG. So am beginning to feel a bit guilty, but she is in AF so I have to hit her to get the points.

Also In TE I used 2 stealth tanks and 6 rogues on auto with very few casualties even against my 1st opponent who was in AF using OF troops. Now I have moved to FE and use 2 Hovers and 6 rogues I have even fewer casualties and simply swap out the wounded.

Pericles the Lion

I only have three same-age opponents, same as when PvP began. At first I felt bad hitting them as often as I did but they are in the same position because I am only getting attacked by the same three players. Doing the math makes be feel better. I win battles with same-age players and score 280 points. They attack me and I lose 140 points. The best part is that I can hit them 12 times a day in total (without buying attempts) and earn 3,360 points but the system limits my losses to 5 per day for a total of 700 points, Net net, without buying attempts and excluding attempt rewards, my score rises by 2,260 a day (79,800 per month which is diamond league). Add in purchased attempts and reaching crystal league is not hard.

While I get that those numbers are not encouraging, I think its not a complete indication of failure. What number of the near 65k players on that world take tier 4 of GE or participate in GBG on any level? How many of them have finished a single settlement? Or any of this years events?
I have no way to knowing that information. My original post contains a bit more data. It's just that to me, ~3% participation isn't great. I wouldn't expect everyone to join in, but even in my own guild, we've got 12% of the players participating in PvP Arena. Maybe that's a better indicator of PvP Arena's popularity?

Johnny B. Goode

After not being terribly enthusiastic at first, I'm really liking PvP Arena. It's a nice diversion for those of us not interested in the intensity and/or level of commitment of GvG or GBG. Are there tons of great rewards? No. Do there have to be? Also no. There is almost no cost to participating, especially if you have the Alcatraz GB. So any reward at all is basically free. One of the things I really like about it is the ability to choose the age of the opponent. That means my EMA cities can choose either HMA (if the boost is low) or Iron Age opponents and avoid facing the pesky EMA Mounted Archers that can hit on first move. And my FE Hovers can wreak havoc on higher age players with low to middling boosts...or take on FE or TE foes if the higher age player has good defense numbers. Another thing I like is that you have two different time frames. The week long round with rewards on Mondays, and then the month long pursuit of league rewards. Nice leisurely activity for us casual players.

Pericles the Lion

I would mention quitting. If you get to 100,00 and quit. you get the start over. that is collect the rewards all over again. It is late in the month for most to do so. but if you hit 100,00 before the 15th next month. quit PvP. and rejoin. no penalty, and just play it all ove again.
But you will also lose your ranking points and have to start over to get the weekly rewards.

icarusethan

I would mention quitting. If you get to 100,00 and quit. you get the start over. that is collect the rewards all over again. It is late in the month for most to do so. but if you hit 100,00 before the 15th next month. quit PvP. and rejoin. no penalty, and just play it all ove again.
nice catch! i finished crystal chest at 18th and decided to leave it alone until next season... but wow, its time for me to get another crystal chest this month

Pericles the Lion

Ok, so this is BS. I just battled three "players" that were age ahead (Indy). All were bots. How do I know? All had the same # for both att and def. No big deal. The thing that gets me is that after battling them once I was rematched with them. The second time around their armies changed to advanced era troops. I get it that we can get PME troops in Indy but there is no way that three separate players could completely change out their armies within seconds of me fighting them - all within five minutes or so. Won't be taking any chances with the age up players again. Won't be taking chances with bots again. INNO needs to get the match up process worked out so that we are playing real players and not bots. Been over a month now and participation remains low.

Pickleweasel

It would be nice if we got a notification when logging in for the first time after the weekly rewards were granted/what they were (since some chests give random stuff). I've seen screenshots of notifications that people have posted as receiving when they are online at the roll-over, but I have yet to see a single one on any of the worlds I play on.