• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

UBERhelp1

It would be nice if we got a notification when logging in for the first time after the weekly rewards were granted/what they were (since some chests give random stuff). I've seen screenshots of notifications that people have posted as receiving when they are online at the roll-over, but I have yet to see a single one on any of the worlds I play on.
You should see it in the message center. Go to the "Official" tab and you should get a message there every week telling you about the rewards you received from the PvP arena

Pericles the Lion

It would be nice if we got a notification when logging in for the first time after the weekly rewards were granted/what they were (since some chests give random stuff). I've seen screenshots of notifications that people have posted as receiving when they are online at the roll-over, but I have yet to see a single one on any of the worlds I play on.
I've been getting notifications in the "Official" message mailboix

Glockgemini

I burned 12MM medals to finish Crystal level and my prize is just a One Up? That and 100 FP and 100 goods that are 1/6 of my daily production. That is ridiculous. We need a real prize to achieve. Like a building just for PVP just like the Statue of Honor for GBG. Something like the Military Academy. Make it 20 levels and give the choice of Army Att & Def or City Att & Def. Then give 1 point of each per level. Players can earn 1 level in Platinum, 1 in Diamond and 2 for Crystal.
If a player finished Crystal for 5 months they would earn a L20 Academy, On top of daily chores, GBG, GE and events, that is a lot of work. Okay, toss in 20 FPs to make it more worthwhile. If we don't get something then this was my first and last month of PVP.
Opinions, before I try to make this a Suggestion.

Johnny B. Goode

If we don't get something then this was my first and last month of PVP.
Opinions, before I try to make this a Suggestion.
My opinion is that you didn't look before you leaped. You can see what the reward is before you waste resources trying to get it. And as I've said before, the PvP Arena prizes/rewards are basically free unless you make bad choices in opponents. (Or waste Medals buying extra attempts to get rewards you don't even want.)

Incidentally, this would not work as an Idea because it would be on the Do Not Suggest List.

Ebeondi Asi

I burned 12MM medals to finish Crystal level
I used maybe a few hundred medals total, (and those ony to catch a reward sooner) and finished the 100,000 level, and restarted and almost finished a second 100,000. I cannot fathom how you could waste so many medals for no reason whatsoever, except maybe you were only fighting the Era below yours, and losing a third of the time?

Pericles the Lion

I have not been matched with a real player in the age up bracket in five days. I'm in CA....there are no real players active in Indy, ME or PME? I've tried the bots a few times...all have had advanced era troops. Even with a 500+ Att% I can't dent PME units.

Ebeondi Asi

I believe if enough players boost City defense sky high it will completely kill PvP. No one wants to constatnly face opponents they cannot beat. One flaw in the PvP is I click on refresh and get the same players again. that is not good.

Johnny B. Goode

I believe if enough players boost City defense sky high it will completely kill PvP. No one wants to constatnly face opponents they cannot beat. One flaw in the PvP is I click on refresh and get the same players again. that is not good.
Why on earth would players boost City defense now? As mentioned numerous times, the PvP Arena rewards aren't that great, so the ROI on improving City defense would be very low. Probably costing a player more in lost city production than the worth of the PvP Arena rewards.

Pericles the Lion

I agree with JBG. There is no penalty for not participating in PVP so why waste city resources boosting defense? While is might make sense to boost defense to reduce losses in PVP the rewards aren't that great so it's not a good trade off. My beef is that the match up mechanism is broken. I don't fight the age up option (bots) and it's boring fighting that same three same-age players. I'll give it a little more time then bail on PVP if nothing changes.

Ebeondi Asi

I threw out my St Basil last week, I agree the city defense is meaningless, and even for PvP it adds nothing worth the bother however my statement that if people do raise their city defense a lot, it will ruin PvP.

The 'age up option' gives twice the points for a win, so well worth doing.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

It does not matter. there are a bunch of players who like to have a big City Defense. Period. LOL
There are a bunch of people that believe the earth is flat...doesn't make them right. LOL What's the point of wasting space on city defense? Galata Tower is a good option...I don't waste time attacking a city with a levelled up GT. The space consumed by defense items could be repurposed to produce way more FPs or goods than will ever be plundered. Let's be honest...how much do you actually lose to plunderers? Me, pretty much nothing.

ant..

I used maybe a few hundred medals total, (and those ony to catch a reward sooner) and finished the 100,000 level, and restarted and almost finished a second 100,000. I cannot fathom how you could waste so many medals for no reason whatsoever, except maybe you were only fighting the Era below yours, and losing a third of the time?
what happens to your global ranking when you do this?

Ebeondi Asi

and I'm hardly playing.. just doing free attempts as they come up but I always fight the Eras above my own. maks a big difference.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

and I'm hardly playing.. just doing free attempts as they come up but I always fight the Eras above my own. maks a big difference.
I'm #101 globally and would like to close the gap and get to under #50. I agree that fighting the Age above option is best but all I get matched with lately have been bots. A couple of times I was able to defeat them only to find their armies changed out to advanced era troops the next go around. My CA army can handle PE troops but definitely not PME (which are the units I end up facing). I get it that a player can obtain PME units in IE but every bot? Until I start getting matched with real age players in the age up bracket it's not an option for me. Oddly, the age down option and the same age option are always real players.

Sledgie

I’m trying to figure out exactly what is meant by global rankings decaying on Mondays. How is that calculated?