• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Pericles the Lion

I’m trying to figure out exactly what is meant by global rankings decaying on Mondays. How is that calculated?
What I read is that everyone gets a 10% point reduction every Monday unless the reduction would take them below where they started the week in which case they begin the new week where they began the previous week. Bottom line...for the upper 90% of players +/- the reduction is meaningless because everyone comes down by the same percentage.

Pericles the Lion

Has anyone playing PvP deleted their defending army? When attempting to do so I get a pop-up warning that says I will lose "some" of my global ranking points. I'm wondering what "some" means. If anyone has done this, how many points did you end up losing? I'm thinking I'll get to crystal then delete my army to start over. Need to learn if this causes a player to go back to near zero in global ranking. Thanks.

Ebeondi Asi

Has anyone playing PvP deleted their defending army? When attempting to do so I get a pop-up warning that says I will lose "some" of my global ranking points. I'm wondering what "some" means. If anyone has done this, how many points did you end up losing? I'm thinking I'll get to crystal then delete my army to start over. Need to learn if this causes a player to go back to near zero in global ranking. Thanks.
The pop up tells you you will be removed from PvP arena.
If you have zero troops in the PvP defense, you are booted out of PvP.
No problem, other than needing to start over. I quit by taking all troops out after reaching 100.00 and rejoin immediately, to redo the prize chests

Pericles the Lion

The pop up tells you you will be removed from PvP arena.
If you have zero troops in the PvP defense, you are booted out of PvP.
No problem, other than needing to start over. I quit by taking all troops out after reaching 100.00 and rejoin immediately, to redo the prize chests
When you deleted your defending army and started over did your global ranking go to zero? I understand that that quitting after reaching 100K will cause the monthly score to go to zero but I'm wondering what happened to your global ranking, the score that drives the weekly rewards.

Ebeondi Asi

I mentioned this before in this thread No the Global rank does not go to zero. I did not watch it the first time. but it definitely was not to the bottom .
I would say it stayed the same if I had to guess. Someone else may know, as I do know many people are quitting and restarting in the middle of the month

Emberguard

I mentioned this before in this thread No the Global rank does not go to zero. I did not watch it the first time. but it definitely was not to the bottom .
I would say it stayed the same if I had to guess. Someone else may know, as I do know many people are quitting and restarting in the middle of the month
One of two possibilities comes to mind:

1) your starting points when PvP started was based on era. Perhaps this is true when exiting and re-entering?
2) https://support.innogames.com/kb/Fo...se-even-more-points-at-the-end-of-a-PvP-Arena
Maybe you only lose 10%? Haven't tested it though to figure out which is more likely for deleting a army (not just being inactive)

Pericles the Lion

You could check your Official Message mailbox. Every Monday we get a message with results from the previous PvP week. These messages contain the prizes won and the global ranking points. The dates are 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28, and 7/5. Assuming that you restarted mid-month, comparison between the 6/14 and 6/21 points should provide a clue to how far a player drops when restarting. I haven't restarted, yet, but since you have could you check and let us know what yu experienced? Thanks.

Ebeondi Asi

Thanks I went to the Message center and scrolled through all the messages about PvP. Sadly I cannot really understand any changes, I see the point go up ,I see the level I am at change as I win Treasure Chests, and the week and end of month. but again, nothing in it makes me understand how I changed anything. In particular the messages make zero mention of quitting and restarting.

Last edited:

Aethelcatt VIII

Finally decided to give this thing a try this week. Looks like a nice way to kill some time here and there when you are, say, waiting for the coffee to brew, but I have to agree that the rewards are rather underwhelming. I looked around, and found out that the difference between the month rewards for the Platinum League and the Diamond League is two fragments of a Shrine of Knowledge vs. two fragments of a Wishing Well (guess which one is for the Diamond League!). On Global Ranking, the difference in weekly rewards for the #501-#1000 bracket and the #1001-#3000 bracket is 15 medals--almost as many as a Terrace Farm produces every four hours if you tells it to.

And I did run into the same players again and again, once three times in a row after I fought them. I'm not complaining about it--there's definitely an advantage in knowing what units you will be facing, but after a while, yeah, it can get boring.

But I think I'll stick around. At least now I don't have to bother my neighbors when a quest asks me to defeat 20 or 30 units.

Pericles the Lion

Thanks I went to the Message center and scrolled through all the messages about PvP. Sadly I cannot really understand any changes, I see the point go up ,I see the level I am at change as I win Treasure Chests, and the week and end of month. but again, nothing in it makes me understand how I changed anything. In particular the messages make zero mention of quitting and restarting.
Thanks for trying Ebeondi. I pasted one of the messages that I got on a Monday advising me of the weekly rewards I got. It shows me with 82281 "combat points" which was my global ranking score at the time. This would be the number to compare the Monday before you quit and restarted with the Monday after. It would be very cool if the amount of your combat points did not decline, or only declined a little. This would mean the weekly rewards would continue even though the 100K points were reset to zero.

1625857028294.png

Pericles the Lion

Finally decided to give this thing a try this week. Looks like a nice way to kill some time here and there when you are, say, waiting for the coffee to brew, but I have to agree that the rewards are rather underwhelming. I looked around, and found out that the difference between the month rewards for the Platinum League and the Diamond League is two fragments of a Shrine of Knowledge vs. two fragments of a Wishing Well (guess which one is for the Diamond League!). On Global Ranking, the difference in weekly rewards for the #501-#1000 bracket and the #1001-#3000 bracket is 15 medals--almost as many as a Terrace Farm produces every four hours if you tells it to.

And I did run into the same players again and again, once three times in a row after I fought them. I'm not complaining about it--there's definitely an advantage in knowing what units you will be facing, but after a while, yeah, it can get boring.

But I think I'll stick around. At least now I don't have to bother my neighbors when a quest asks me to defeat 20 or 30 units.
The monthly rewards are paid out as you earn them. So, you would collect the prizes for the Platinum level upon reaching 30K and then collect the prizes for the Diamond level upon reaching 55K. Yes, the weekly rewards are paltry until a player gets into the #51-500 bracket and above.

Aethelcatt VIII

The monthly rewards are paid out as you earn them. So, you would collect the prizes for the Platinum level upon reaching 30K and then collect the prizes for the Diamond level upon reaching 55K. Yes, the weekly rewards are paltry until a player gets into the #51-500 bracket and above.
I see...so you don't have to earn 30K or 55K of combat points every month for seven and a half months to get an SoK or a WW; phew! :)

Still, I think I like the Platinum League reward better than that for the Diamond League.

Aethelcatt VIII

I see...so you don't have to earn 30K or 55K of combat points every month for seven and a half months to get an SoK or a WW; phew! :)

Still, I think I like the Platinum League reward better than that for the Diamond League.
Wait...actually you still have to wait for 7.5 months to get your SoK and WW unless you start over again the month, but at least you'll get an SoK and a WW in 7.5 months.

Pericles the Lion

Wait...actually you still have to wait for 7.5 months to get your SoK and WW unless you start over again the month, but at least you'll get an SoK and a WW in 7.5 months.
Can only get frags in the monthly deal but check out the weekly chests. In the #51-500 bracket, and above, there's a 20% chance for a WW and a 20% chance for a SOK every week. I've won a few. It's not that hard to get to the #500 mark with regular play.

Aethelcatt VIII

Can only get frags in the monthly deal but check out the weekly chests. In the #51-500 bracket, and above, there's a 20% chance for a WW and a 20% chance for a SOK every week. I've won a few. It's not that hard to get to the #500 mark with regular play.
Or we can just do the daily challenges and hope the weekly chest over there brings one. Granted, it's only a 7% chance for each, but I did get a few of those over the few months I've been playing this.

Pericles the Lion

Or we can just do the daily challenges and hope the weekly chest over there brings one. Granted, it's only a 7% chance for each, but I did get a few of those over the few months I've been playing this.
In four weeks of weekly PvP prizes I've collected 1 WW, 2 SOKs, 1 Rogue HO, 30 diamonds and some other more trivial items. I do the daily challenges every day. Maybe one WW and one SOK in the past 6 months.

Aethelcatt VIII

In four weeks of weekly PvP prizes I've collected 1 WW, 2 SOKs, 1 Rogue HO, 30 diamonds and some other more trivial items. I do the daily challenges every day. Maybe one WW and one SOK in the past 6 months.
Good to hear. I guess I'll stick around with this PvP thing after all.

Thanks for the insight!

Aethelcatt VIII

HELP! I'm totally, continuously and inseparably stuck with this other player from my age in the PvP arena and cannot shake him loose! Since last night he has just about always been on the opponent list--it doesn't matter if I fight him, fight one of the other two players or refresh the list, and he is always there! I have fought him seven times over the past 24 hours (five times so far today); in fact, I just came out of another bloody battle with him, and he is there again waiting for me on the list. Could somebody please get a scalpel and surgically remove him from me? Thanks you very much!

Last edited:

Aethelcatt VIII

HELP! I'm totally, continuously and inseparably stuck with this other player from my age in the PvP arena and cannot shake him loose! Since last night he has just about always been on the opponent list--it doesn't matter if I fight him, fight one of the other two players or refresh the list, and he is always there! I have fought him seven times over the past 24 hours (five times so far today); in fact, I just came out another bloody battle with him, and he is there again waiting for me on the list. Could somebody please get a scalpel and surgically remove him from me? Thanks you very much!
Good news--after eight battles against this same player in one day, I now finally have a different player from my age on the opponent list! Progress was made, I guess; but I think my day-long battle partner probably hates me now for taking on (and defeating) his defensive army eight times in one day.

Ironrooster

Good news--after eight battles against this same player in one day, I now finally have a different player from my age on the opponent list! Progress was made, I guess; but I think my day-long battle partner probably hates me now for taking on (and defeating) his defensive army eight times in one day.
Only your first 5 defensive battles each day count against you (or for you if you win). After that, they don't even show up on your log. Since you pretty much always lose them all, who attacks you first 5 times is largely irrelevant. You lose less points for folks fighting down 1 age and more for folks fighting up one1-3 ages, but it's not enough to worry about.