• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Pericles the Lion

So, I deleted my army last month and started over. That time, my global ranking was reduced by one-third and my personal ranking went from 100K to zero. I started over and progressed back up to diamond level winning the other chests along the way. I reached 100K this morning and repeated the process. This time, my global ranking again declined by one-third but my personal ranking remained at 100K despite the army delete warning pop-up saying that it would go to zero. I submitted a help ticket....we'll see what happens.

Ebeondi Asi

To mention. there is now a claim if deleting after reaching 100,000 and wanting to redo (early) that you do not get to start a new set of chests. I do not know if this is true? or not. I have not reached 100,000 to find out for myself.

Pericles the Lion

Can someone verify if you get the chests again or not? I did last month!
As I said earlier, I deleted and restarted yesterday. Lost 1/3 of my global points, all of my Age points and Guild points but none of my Personal points. These remained at 100,000. I put in a ticket and the moderator advised me that the personal points do not zero out despite the pop-up caution saying that they do. Went to zero last month but not this month. I didn't see anything in the Changelog regarding this so either last month was a bug or this month is. Someone else should give it a try to confirm.

Ebeondi Asi

Others in one of my Guilds confirms the fact that being able to redo all the chests can no longer be done. So it cuts the value of playing PvP a bit.
The most valuable parts of playing PvP is getting Forge Points, and earning about other (higher) Era troop behavior.
It also is interestingto look at where I am in relation to others in Guild, World, Era (but that is no way definitive)

Ebeondi Asi

i find I can improve my tactics getting the same enemy. Or try different tactics. Naturally this is in manual battle. There are many odd tactics I have learned from playing the same group over again. So no problem by me fighting the same guys.
And thankfully all of the fake fighters (same attack and defense stats) have vanished for any of my fights. all real players now.

Ebeondi Asi

There's only so much that can be done when you're facing the same 2-3 opponents.
Lets see what can I do different? I can change the troops I use so I try eight of every kind of my Era to see what they do. I can see if four Rogue and four of each kind does better, or worse. Even go to one troop and seven Rogues for each type) , i can change the troops I use to previous Era or even two Era prior, as I had some favorites that surprising do very well, I can try manual vs autobattle to compare. I can start and move one then go to auto to compare. Plenty to learn about the troops and the way they behave. (I wrote in other posts how PvP is really great to learn how the different troops behave, plus advanced to my Era troops. wonderful information free)
If all i ever did was use the same group and thought that was the answer to all fighting. I guess I would be bored too.

GeniePower

So according to ranking there's 62 players in my age participating, 40 of them have participated so far this week. But for the past 36 hours, refreshing the list 4 times with refresh and 14 times by fighting the higher or lower age candidate, I have gotten the same person in my age EVERY SINGLE TIME. Are we ever going to make this actually random?

Literally my last 26 opponents have been the same guy. It's not random. I look at the rankings and most of people above and below me I've never fought.

95 players in the same age as I am, and I've never seen most of them as a potential opponent.

Pericles the Lion

I made this same comment over 4 months ago when PvP was introduced. I was in InA and got matched with the same 3-4 players time and time again. I've aged up to ME but nothing has changed. Same 3-4 players over and over. There are 75 active players in the ranking but I only see 3-4. PvP is boring and nothing has changed since it was introduced. I've developed a routine where I use medals to buy turns and autobattle the same age player enough to earn 25K points each week. Keeps me comfortably in the #51-500 bracket while earning the Crystal league prize. The prizes aren't that great but I only invest about 10 minutes each week.

GeniePower

I've seen a total of 13 of the players of my age in 4 weeks time, usually indeed the same 3-4. But now it's the same one. 3 more times since my previous post. I don't know what other selection they have put in there (like guild id used to be the sorting key for gbg matching) but it's terribly broken.

Joeyjojojo

Could be some weird issue with the matching but my guess is just that so many players have dropped out of the PvP thing even though they're active elsewhere that pairings both near your age and your position in the PvP ranking are just too few.

I'm out of this in all worlds, but I sign in daily, do GE, GBG in a few worlds... PvP is not worth the effort to me. I got up to crystal league in the first full month out and wasn't impressed, and got auto-booted due to inactivity either at the beginning of the second or 3rd month. If the rewards got reworked I'd consider getting back on (I mentioned fragments for a special building you can only get from PvP). Really, though, it's just a time sink and there are more profitable and fun time sinks in this game.

GeniePower

my guess is just that so many players have dropped out of the PvP thing even though they're active elsewhere that pairings both near your age and your position in the PvP ranking are just too few.
They are active in weekly PvP ranking so participation is not the issue. At the same time I no longer get attacked in PvP, I used to get my normal 5 defenses every day. I have not been attacked in 2 days, same time period that I have started to see the (aggravated) issue.

Halgar

In my last 50 PvP battles, I've only fought 2 different opponents. My 3 star (most difficult) opponent has been the same guy for the last 26 tries in a row. I guess it could be that there just aren't any active people, but since the 3 star opponent could be anything up to 3 ages above me, you'd think that there'd be more than 1 or 2 opponents to fight?

iPenguinPat

In my last 50 PvP battles, I've only fought 2 different opponents. My 3 star (most difficult) opponent has been the same guy for the last 26 tries in a row. I guess it could be that there just aren't any active people, but since the 3 star opponent could be anything up to 3 ages above me, you'd think that there'd be more than 1 or 2 opponents to fight?

Are you suggesting that matchmaking sucks?

... Or the shiny newness of pvp arena is gone and most players have abandoned participating because it's a waste of time. That's possible too