• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Halgar

Are you suggesting that matchmaking sucks?

... Or the shiny newness of pvp arena is gone and most players have abandoned participating because it's a waste of time. That's possible too

Possibly a combination of the two, although my city is really new so the rewards are actually helpful.

Now it's 35 fights in a row with the same opponent. I've been attacked 7 times during that time frame by other players, so there are other players out there. I guess it's possible that there's only 1 person left playing in an age above mine, but that seems unlikely. The lower age players have been rotating, but the higher age one has not, even if I hit "refresh".

It's no big deal, I'll keep killing him and collecting my points, but I'm starting to feel bad for the guy. Also, he's only giving 480 points and there were others that awarded more (One guy had 504, I assume because they were higher age or better defense?), so I was hoping to get back to the higher reward opponent instead of being stuck on the 480 guy.

Halgar

It's now 72 fights in a row against the same guy. Let's pretend that he is literally the ONLY player above my age who is still playing PvP on my world. I'm curious what would happen if I friend him? Would I just not have a difficult opponent anymore and be forced to fight the middle or lower options instead? Would it generate a fake difficult player for me to fight?

jeffj2

If there are no people in the age above you, the software assigns an AI opponent. That has not happened to me. I'm in LMA as of this week.

I've been getting fake players now, both in my age and the age above; their names don't even show up in the general player rankings. In PvP Arena, I'm 9th (out of 96) in Age ranking and 20th in Global ranking.

Pericles the Lion

When PvP started I was in CA. I've aged up to PME. I've seen the same thing in each era. Between 75-90 active players according to the rankings but I only get matched with the same 5 or 6 over and over again. I've stopped worrying about it. I know their capabilities, and they mine, which makes battling easy - and boring. The rewards are commensurate with the little amount of time that it takes to maintain ranking points and earn the Crystal league. Great idea poorly executed IMO.

Halgar

After fighting the same guy for probably 100 times (I stopped counting), I got a new opponent on Monday. It went back and forth with the old guy and the new guy a few times but then settled on the new guy for 25 straight fights. He friended me, and I accepted. Since then, I've had 12 different opponents in the last 40 or so fights. So there's definitely some different opponents out there, it just sometimes gets stuck on one for some reason.

Yeah, I guess ultimately it doesn't matter who the opponents are. It's just weird matchmaking.

tuck everlasting

Here's an idea why don't we let players battle real players in PvP not computer generated players I thought player vs player meant real players

Sharmon the Impaler

Most of the players are real , the computer generated ones are admitted by Inno and just there to make it more interesting than always battling the same 10 players.

Johnny B. Goode

Here's an idea why don't we let players battle real players in PvP not computer generated players I thought player vs player meant real players
Are you talking about PvP in general (which would include PVP Arena and neighborhood battles), or just PVP Arena? If you're talking about PVP Arena, then the solution is to get more people to participate. Computer generated players are necessary when not enough players in a particular age are participating. And, of course, they have to be computer generated Iron Age players, because PVP Arena isn't accessible to real Iron Age players, and that's the only way to give EMA players a lower era choice to battle.
If you're talking about PvP in general, then logistics and what to do when one player doesn't play quickly enough, or stalls when losing are the main hangups. Having both players online at the same time is the main logistical issue. Most of the attacks on my cities occur when I'm offline. Another thing is what if the attacker wants to auto battle? Do you then allow the defender to manually battle? That would really tick off those for whom speed of battle is the paramount concern.

Ebeondi Asi

I would say the players I am fighting are more varied by far than they used to be. It does seem to be a gradual thing.
And the idea to Friend the player you get repeatedly is a good one. See what happens.

Sharmon the Impaler

I would say the players I am fighting are more varied by far than they used to be. It does seem to be a gradual thing.
And the idea to Friend the player you get repeatedly is a good one. See what happens.
I wonder if that would blow it up with the two conflicts or if they just wouldn’t show up in your list , interesting.

Sharmon the Impaler

The top spots are reserved for Diamond spenders whether through the level 15 castle giving them much more attempts than lower castles or outright buying them once your medal attempts get too high. Unfortunate but how life works.

Ebeondi Asi

The top spots are reserved for Diamond spenders whether through the level 15 castle giving them much more attempts than lower castles or outright buying them once your medal attempts get too high. Unfortunate but how life works.
I would disagree.. I would suggest that a high level Castle owner would get some slight perks in PvP. but those who wish to fight and win... it will not matter. Players who do a great deal of 1.9 get a lot of medals and can certainly equal any player paying with Diamonds. And if a player is paying with Diamonds, they still have to fight and beat the players above their level (Players only fighting equal or lower will never win IMO. Over gets double what equal gains..) they are not just paying and automatically getting top gun. LOL

Sharmon the Impaler

I would disagree.. I would suggest that a high level Castle owner would get some slight perks in PvP. but those who wish to fight and win... it will not matter. Players who do a great deal of 1.9 get a lot of medals and can certainly equal any player paying with Diamonds. And if a player is paying with Diamonds, they still have to fight and beat the players above their level (Players only fighting equal or lower will never win IMO. Over gets double what equal gains..) they are not just paying and automatically getting top gun. LOL
I always fight above my level and every fight and when the medals reset I buy attempts up to 1.5 million medals. I am in a very active 1.9 speed levelin threrad and get about 18 million medals per week. I am still below 8 people in my age and spending about 1.5 million medals starts chewing up 10 million medals at a time and even with a billion per month you would eat through that every season. All the players above me have a level 15 castle and it gives them 20 % more attempts per day compared to without a castle.

Ebeondi Asi

20% is six instead if five every period of time.IF you think that small difference is how they are beating you? Another huge?? advantage may be their defense army never loses? that is the equivalaent of ten to twenty battles (since they win the points iof five fights instead of lose them.(and how many points depends on he fight troops themselves) that is also comparable to your 20% more.
Personally I think you just need an excuse as to how anyone could beat you. Just like everyone who claims all those beating them in GvG have to be using bots.

Sharmon the Impaler

20% is six instead if five every period of time.IF you think that small difference is how they are beating you? Another huge?? advantage may be their defense army never loses? that is the equivalaent of ten to twenty battles (since they win the points iof five fights instead of lose them.(and how many points depends on he fight troops themselves) that is also comparable to your 20% more.
Personally I think you just need an excuse as to how anyone could beat you. Just like everyone who claims all those beating them in GvG have to be using bots.

I checked the logs back as far as they go and no one has actually attacked me and I have one lost fight 3 weeks ago because I had all rogues. 20% more is 2.5 more attempts per day or 75 more attempts per season , hardly trivial.

Last edited: