• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Battles with opponents several eras ahead

lll Liz lll

I am curious. I am in Future and I am constantly battling against someone in Virtual for over a month now! I just figured he had just moved up from Oceanic, but clearly that is not the case. I am fighting against Virtual Era units with my Future Era units. I thought it was just one Age/Era up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327_160645_Forge of Empires.jpg
    Screenshot_20230327_160645_Forge of Empires.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1

Johnny B. Goode

I am curious. I am in Future and I am constantly battling against someone in Virtual for over a month now! I just figured he had just moved up from Oceanic, but clearly that is not the case. I am fighting against Virtual Era units with my Future Era units. I thought it was just one Age/Era up.
No, it can frequently be 2 or 3 ages up.

Dominator - X

Which PvP are you referring to? Arena or Tower?
In the Arena, if you choose the hardest opponent, you can fight up to 3 ages above your age. So, VF is well within the bounds for FE.
In the Tower, it could be there were not enough members in your age to fill your neighborhood, so they can use higher age members, usually just 1 age above. However, if a neighbor power ages several ages up and garners their current age troops, they could put them in city defense, so yeah you would be fighting VF troops with FE troops.
There are also ways to accumulate higher age troops, but I have never seen VF troops for FE age members. It may be able to be done, but I am unaware of it.

Johnny B. Goode

Which PvP are you referring to? Arena or Tower?
In the Arena, if you choose the hardest opponent, you can fight up to 3 ages above your age. So, VF is well within the bounds for FE.
In the Tower, it could be there were not enough members in your age to fill your neighborhood, so they can use higher age members, usually just 1 age above. However, if a neighbor power ages several ages up and garners their current age troops, they could put them in city defense, so yeah you would be fighting VF troops with FE troops.
There are also ways to accumulate higher age troops, but I have never seen VF troops for FE age members. It may be able to be done, but I am unaware of it.
He's talking about Arena, because he refers to fighting someone "in Virtual", not someone "with Virtual troops".

Johnny B. Goode

I think it is the tower. I don't do the one that requires a computer rather than a mobile.
The one that can't be played on mobile is GvG, and that's not referred to by anyone as PvP. You're either talking about just attacking your neighbors (or them attacking you), or you're talking about PVP Arena, which is accessed through the tower (hence some confusion) in the upper right wilderness area of the main city screen. In attacking, or being attacked by, your neighbors, you will almost always be within one or two eras, but they may have gotten access to higher era units in some cases. In PVP Arena, the harder of the three choices to attack will either be one, two or three ages higher than your current age. For example, I just moved up to Arctic Future today and the harder choices included Oceanic Future, Virtual Future and Space Age Mars players.

Mor-Rioghain

PVP Arena is impossible to win against a player with a very high level Castle if yours is 4-5 levels lower , they get more free attempts before chewing up their medals. I tested it out for 6 weeks against my era (SAJM) and I kept exactly 3rd all six weeks in SAJM as long as I didn't waste any free attempts and bought up to 314K medals and then stopped each week. What was 1-5? Level 20 Castle , Level 20 Castle , Level 15 Castle , Level 14 Castle , Level 14 Castle .
Are those castle levels displayed somewhere or did you have to actually go and look at their cities? Also, if you did have to look at each player would the option to hide your castle level have been affected? I've been wondering about where that info is/has been displayed. Thanks.