1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Submitted PVP Command Center - Shortcut to viewing PVP Tower screens

Discussion in 'Polling Place' started by Floydd, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Should this proposal be implemented?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2012.
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floydd

Floydd Guest

Proposal
    Add a new interface to the game to act as a 'command center' for accessing each of the unlocked PVP towers.

Current System
    Currently, players must open the Continent map, and then scroll to each tower, and click to display the tower details.

Details
    Consolidate all of the towers into a single window frame. In the PVP Tower window, only unlocked towers will be clickable, and locked towers could be dimmed, or not shown at all.

Visual Aid:
    [​IMG]

Optional Stuff:
    The interface could also show the player's current rank, and time remaining for each tournament, but that might require more server hits to pull the info all at once.

Abuse Potential
    None? I do not think faster access to PVP tower info would make cheating any easier.

Conclusion
    There must be a small hit to the game server whenever we access the continent map, and I know the client-side time delay it takes to render the map is slow. Consolidating the information could improve game performance.

Update:
    It just occurred to me that the most obvious place to put the 'command center' interface would be as a third tab in the Army Management window.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  2. DarkTwist

DarkTwist Guest

I very much like this idea. I think its a pain to currently access the towers. Would like to see something easier.

3. Mithril

Mithril Member

I'll second this one...smart idea.

4. MadLadigan

MadLadigan Guest

Motion is proposed and seconded... and thirded and fourthed probably... motion carries. Fantastic idea. They could possibly put the button in the current inventory spot since nothing comes up in there anyways or is that just me? Or if plans are in the works for the inventory spot, put it as a sub window inside the button with the rest.

5. Kalakaua

Kalakaua Guest

now this is a great idea :D

6. TheForger

TheForger Guest

I like this! Btw, does anyone know when Inventory is becoming functional?

7. Daniel

Daniel Guest

Sounds good.

And no, we don't know when inventory will be implemented.

8. Dominotx711

Dominotx711 Well-Known Member

I agree that the idea sounds good.

9. sinistir

sinistir Guest

you got my vote

10. Zinkk

Zinkk Guest

This would be AMAZING.

11. DarkTwist

DarkTwist Guest

Looks like there is a lot of potential here. I will put ask this to be put into the Polling Place.

12. Floydd

Floydd Guest

Thank you all for your support!

13. Diggo11

Diggo11 Guest

I voted no for now. Aside from dragging across the screen, this does not reduce the number of clicks required to access a tower, which are already all accessible in one location (the map). I would prefer the button be used for something else, e.g. a (flashing, when new activity) direct link to the guild forum.

14. Kalakaua

Kalakaua Guest

This would be very useful & cut out a layer of links just to get to the heavy fighting :D

15. Floydd

Floydd Guest

I agree that a direct link to the Guild Forum would be helpful too.

EDIT:
    It just occurred to me that the most obvious place to put the 'command center' would be as a third tab in the Army Management window.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
  16. wcfleck

wcfleck Guest

Good idea. Has my vote.

17. gimccla

gimccla Guest

Thumbs up. :)

18. jaytan

jaytan Guest

nice i think it will work well got my vote :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.