PvP Live Battle Options

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by the Kwisatz Haderach, Feb 13, 2019.

1. the Kwisatz Haderach

the Kwisatz Haderach New Member

Proposal
    Ability to battle against other players in real time, taking turns with some sort of timer for each player to make a move. If a move is not made within some specified time (lets say 20 seconds) the AI will make the move for you.

Current System
    Currently you cannot battle directly against other players. When you attack or are attacked you play against an AI.

Details

•Proposal 1 - Guild Training Room
    When you enter the Guild Training room, you wait for other players to enter the room or if another guild member is present you may challenge them to a fight. Troops are immediately fully healed after the battle (to whatever life they had prior to the battle). The fight would not contribute any points to your neighborhood tournament. But we might consider awarding a crown for every 100 battles.

•Proposal 2 - Neighborhood Challenge
    When you enter the Neighborhood Challenge room you place a wager of current era goods, and wait for a neighbor to accept your challenge. Alternatively, if a neighbor has placed a wager you can accept their challenge and match the wager. Troops will sustain damages after the fight, the winner of the fight wins the goods. Points will be awarded to neighborhood tournament. We can expand on this idea by allowing individuals to set up 4,8, and 16 persons tournament style contests. each person pays the ante, 2 on 2 battles are fought, winners play against winners until there is only one who keeps the entire pot. A wager of 5 goods could potentially earn you 80 goods in a 16 person contest.

•Proposal 3 - Commanding your Defenders
    If you are logged in when a neighbor attacks you, at the moment they press attack, a pop up will appear saying: "Your City is Under Attack, Do you wish to take Command of your Defenders?" If you click yes before the attacker selects their troops, you will control your defenders in the battle. You will not be able to change your city defenders, and must use those you previously had selected. Points will be awarded to neighborhood tournament.

Abuse Prevention
    No points are made available in to Guild Training Room because no troops are lost in the battle, and we would want to prevent guild members from assisting each other from moving up in the neighborhood tournament. A wager is required in the Neighborhood Challenge to prevent people from intentionally losing to help another player in the neighborhood tournament, in addition to losing troops they will lose goods. Conditions of the Neighborhood Challenge will be expressed beforehand by the challenger such as the age of the troops ( which will match the age of the goods wagered ). A timer will prevent people from stalling a battle, or making it last too long, especially important when Commanding your Defenders from an unsolicited attack, you cannot just do nothing to keep the battle from progressing. Similarly you may only have a brief moment to take command, especially if the attacker already has their units ready for battle, so you must be alert and act quickly or the AI will defend for you.

Conclusion
    Real time interactions will make the game more fun, will create a more social environment, and give guilds an opportunity to train new members in tactics. With your guild you can test your troops against other ages, and find out what combinations will work before you try to advance on the continent map against higher ages. Placing wagers against neighbors would add excitement and give the opportunity to gain (or lose) goods without making people angry. And taking control of defenders may make people feel like they have more control over their destiny when a neighbor attacks.

2. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

I vote no. Again.

Salsuero likes this.
  3. the Kwisatz Haderach

the Kwisatz Haderach New Member

you guys are a tough sale. I thought people would love this idea. Why don't you like it?

Salsuero likes this.
  4. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Despite rumors to the cotrary, I'm just one person.

Why not? I'm bored.

I'll let others ask about disconnects, how INNO recoups the cost of developing and deploying this, what happens if you are attacked by multiple people at once, that real time fighting is a different game, that INNO would have to develope a whole new fighting system, a challenge system, a matching system, a selection system, an interrupt to ask if you want to defend your city system, and whatever other additions this Proposal will require, that it will take plunderers a lot more time to do their daily runs on their hood, and whatever other objections players may have...

Proposal 1 is useless. Anywhere else in the game aside from under this Proposal players fight the AI. Training against other players does no good for the rest of the game. Players can easily practice against the AI by repeating GE Encounters, CMap Sectors, GvG, and hood fights.

Proposal 2 Any time players can do anything with other players where there is any exchange of Resources somebody will figure out an abuse.

Proposal 3, From last month's incarnation of this idea:

This is eye of the beholder. I see people pissed off for all the endless reasons that people post now about the cyrrent PvP system, except instead of blaming the AI they have no excuse. Read the hundreds of posts in the Plunder progress or Help, I'm being plundered threads for examples of how well people react to getting beat.

Just what social interaction? And is it a positive interaction? Every fight has a loser; they take what positive from losing? What sort of conversation will you have after a fight?

What was the question again? Oh, yeah.

Useless, especially to anyone who doesn't like real time fighting games, abusable, expensive, clunky, and another source of aggravation.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. icarusethan

icarusethan Well-Known Member

6. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

Proposal #3

I've already got results from pressing auto before you've pressed the Manuel override button.

Problem is the attacker determines the terms of battle before you've even been asked. Once you're in the match I'm still going to want auto. So all you've done is waste my time.

Proposal #1 and #2
    We already have towers in PvP and I'm not sure how many would be interested in attacking guild mates though I suppose they could use it to train..... If they also had a live chat option so they can discuss stray during the session

7. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Cause it has been proposed a zillion times, discussed a zillion times and it is extremely tiresome to have to deal with newbies that just refuse to read how the system works!!!!

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
    2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
    3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
    4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
    5. Submit Proposal
    6. Wait at least two weeks
    7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
    8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
    9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
    10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
    11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
    12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
    13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
    14. If you get slushpuppy responses try to ignore it
    15. Disclaimer: I am not a mod. Just a very helpful person

You miserably failed at #3. Besides that, these are 3 proposals, so it needs 3 different threads. After that it will still be NO
      Your idea is halfbaked and you did not even come close to adressing and preventing abuse.

8. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Member

9. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Active Member

10. KungQu

KungQu Active Member

The neighbors aren't going to line up for fight night. Most of them don't want to fight and the rest of them know they're probably outmatched.

11. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Active Member

The only aspect I am willing to vote for is Proposal 1, since it would be easier to implement than anything else here. If that were the case then +1

12. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Active Member

There is already a live chat for guild members along with the global and neighborhood chat. Either way, you're right.

13. brentolomeus

brentolomeus Well-Known Member

Because it would be wasting the attacker's time. 20 second shot clock? In that one move I have defeated multiple neighbours and plundered their stuff.

I wouldn't mind true player vs player battles. But they would need to be in a separate contained environment.

And if you had scrolled down the list of proposals previously put forward you would have known that would not be the case.

14. geandhorn

geandhorn Member

Just for the record, since it hasn't been mentioned... back in the day when the game was new, they had a PvP that cut in when someone was attacking your city. As I recall, we could defend directly. I take it since they've already done it, (all be it in a distant past when the entire game was different, they (developers) must already know the cons of it.) i.e.. let's not hold our breath on this one.

15. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

Like it.

Interesting, but not for me.

Hate it.

16. Salsuero

I assume you're on mobile because we have a live guild chat option in the browser version. In fact, we have one for the hood too, though I've never seen it used, so that would cover both training talk between guildmates AND smack talk within the hood -- assuming this proposal were ever implemented in any form.

17. Emberguard

I was saying live chat during the actual battle, not outside the battle. I'm well aware outside of a battle you have a live chat. But if you're training then it's inside the battle you'd need advice with the person that's training you

I'm PC only unless I have to use mobile to check something. Though it's possible I just never noticed the chat inside battles on the rare occasion I use Manuel

Ognor the Hood likes this.
  18. Salsuero

You mean while you're inside the actual battle itself? I guess. I don't really see it as all that challenging to fight. You would already presumably tell them what units to use and how to use them beforehand... then just go in and get it done. Discuss. Rinse and repeat. Chatting while doing never occurred to me. It's not like there's a ton of strategy really, given that the units you fight are always AI and act quite predictably. I assumed we would be training them for fights that matter... so GvG, PvP, continental map, GE... where the only strategy you need is picking the correct attacking army to face the defense at hand and then hitting them as they present themselves. I suppose there's a strategy for that, in a sense, so I guess you could have someone in there with you telling you what to do. But if the proposal is about attacking guildmates as they attack back... that's an entirely different game. I'm not sure I want that. It doesn't prepare you for the actual game at all and that's more what I'm looking for with a guildie practice arena.

19. Emberguard

Yeah - in the actual battle. Figured if it's a training session then it makes sense to be able to actually communicate

20. MandyTheAlabastard

MandyTheAlabastard Active Member

I forgot where this was posted (perhaps somebody else could do the favor and post the link), but Innogames has said many years back they were going to implement live PvP matches. It's been at least 3 years, and Inno has not come up with anything. They probably found out that it took way too much time and server resources to develop.

Also, gonna -1 the proposal.