• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PVP Tower

Darkest.Knight

I don't see many comments regarding the PVP Tower, since I only pay attention to the players around me, top 20, I'm not sure how actively players are participating. I find the Tower is worth the small effort it takes to participate. I know the group between rank 10-20 is very active, we swap positions all the time, 1-10 not very active but way ahead. It's funny but after finishing expansions medals were useless, the PVP Tower changed that, I never produce as many as I'd like. I haven't looked at that many towns to see how the top guys generate medal but for myself I only find a few and the majority that I make are from event buildings and repeating quests. I'd guess I'll never c the top players messing around in the Tower, having very few GB's or event buildings and all attack/def items doesn't leave many options for getting medals. Having quite a few event buildings I'm able to generate around 1M/wk, it's enough to purchase turns up 211,000 medals/turn. If you're still using medals for expansions, I wouldn't bother spending any on medals, since a larger town is always helpful.

Should check out the Tower if you get a chance, don't necessarily need to spend medal, it's only necessary if you want a relatively high ranking position. Even at lower lvls still get some rewards and as I said the effort is quite minor.

Ebeondi Asi

You can get a lot of medals from high Era Great Buildings when you win a position. And teh Arc is also very good for getting Medals when you win positions in it.
One way you can know how many players is how many in the Era you are in. and how many in your Guild of all members.

Darkest.Knight

I don't get many that way since I only add pts to my 3 guild members buildings, I do remember that the top spot for FI is worth quite a lot. So far, I haven't been motivated enough to add to GB's for the medals; I built my town to avoid having to add to others GB's. Checked on a lvl156 Arc, recieve 149,301 medals for first. Since I generate enough to go to 231.000 medals/turn I'd need to do 1.5 high lvl Arc/wk to get 1 extra turn, lol. Don't know if u play the Tower but a "good" turn is worth about 400 Tower pts, I need 160,000 to move to rank 1; as they say, "it ain't going to happen."

Johnny B. Goode

It's hard to tell from the terms you're using, but it seems like you're talking about the PVP Arena and not the PvP Towers. They are two totally different things.

As far as medals go, if you're having trouble getting enough medals for expansions, then you've screwed up somewhere along the line. Fortunately, you've told us where you screwed up:
I don't get many that way since I only add pts to my 3 guild members buildings,
Yeah, that's the issue.

After rereading your posts, I finally figured out that you're talking about using medals and not earning them. It really helps if you learn to use the correct game terms. So what you're really talking about is using medals to buy turns in PVP Arena. And yes, it does give decent rewards for very little effort. And I've rarely bothered to use medals for extra turns, because the game gives you extra turns all the time, aside from the turns earned strictly through time and the ones from reward chests. I frequently go to fight the 5 regular turns and end up fighting 9 or more simply because it keeps giving me extra turns.

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

lol, changed your last post quite a lot, no problem getting medals here, 1M/wk is fine w/me; I did not say I've used all of my medals doing the Arena only that I don't generate enough daily to catch up anytime soon. I could get pretty high in the ranking if I spent them all (11M) but anyone w/half a brain would know to save some for the new era when it comes out in the near future. My town has been fully expanded for about 1 yr and it won't take too long to add the 10 new expansions that will be available in SAJM.

As far as issues r concerned, you seem to have an issue. I pointed out that medal rewards from GB's aren't worth the time spent to get them. I spent enough time early in the game checking others GB's for BP's or FP rewards, I'm not wasting anymore time doing that, never really thought much about the medals.

You'll have to excuse my lack of herd mentality, adding to others GB's is unnecessary and so far appears to be a pretty slow go comparatively. I'll stick w/my approach, I'll break thru rank200 soon; so far only about 1% of the players that respond to being passed in ranking ever catch back up. The group that responds must strongly do so by putting goods in the treasury, only way to gain 5M game pts instantly; I don't add goods to the treasury except when necessary to complete a quest. I've found goods r worth most using them for battlegrounds negotiations; same number of game pts but quite a few extra rewards. It takes a bit of time to consume 80-100K goods doing negotiations, but over the course of 1 week easy enough and I was able to add an extra 4.5M game pts to catch the player that didn't want to be passed.

Just a bit a B.S. to embellish yours claims, freebie turns are not very common; occasionally I'll get an extra 2 and sometimes even get 4 extras over a very short time; but that the exception not the norm. If ur going to B.S. at least make it believable.

Last thing, try talking about your stellar performance J.B., it doesn't sound like u actually play the game. Maybe ur one the players I've seen spend money to quickly advance early only to find they wasted their money. Not sure what your deal is, but I've asked where your primary character plays and u haven't responded. I'd like the check how a real "pro" has built their town, yours must be really something w/your I know it all attitude.

Pericles the Lion

You'll have to excuse my lack of herd mentality, adding to others GB's is unnecessary and so far appears to be a pretty slow go comparatively. I'll stick w/my approach, I'll break thru rank200 soon; so far only about 1% of the players that respond to being passed in ranking ever catch back up. The group that responds must strongly do so by putting goods in the treasury, only way to gain 5M game pts instantly; I don't add goods to the treasury except when necessary to complete a quest. I've found goods r worth most using them for battlegrounds negotiations; same number of game pts but quite a few extra rewards. It takes a bit of time to consume 80-100K goods doing negotiations, but over the course of 1 week easy enough and I was able to add an extra 4.5M game pts to catch the player that didn't want to be passed.
What? Adding to other player's GBs helps them and provides me with a ton of FPs. You'd rather burn up goods negotiating in GBG than donating them to your guild so that they can build the SCs that are needed to take ground in GBG? All for ranking points? Everyone gets to choose how to play, I'll stick with the "herd mentality" because this is a game meant to be played with others, not in spite of them.

Darkest.Knight

I've commented several times that I put up an Arc just to help my 3 low lvl guild members, always add to their buildings. As far as game play is concerned, this is a very slow-moving game and I've found what thus far is quite a lot quicker way to play. I don't find that the FP's from GB;s r that attractive, maybe eventually I will but as I pointed out I'm still moving along pretty well. I've played for just about 4 yrs, my rank will be 200 soon and I'm quickly approaching lvl100 on my useful GB's; with the new expansions I'll be able to push my FP production up to 1600FP's/day. I've watch the big guys who contribute to my buildings on a daily basis, they collect most of their FP's from others GB's and battlefield fight rewards; they aren't lvling up their GB's any faster than myself. We'll c how my approach goes, I'll certainly have something to say if my approach all of a sudden fails apart.

As far as guild treasury contributions are concerned, I ran my 1 player guild for quite some time and the guild treasury was well stocked when my 3 other members joined. I added all the goods to the treasury until I helped them get their Arc going. As of recently, they add low lvl goods daily to the treasury and I add daily from my buildings, since I've been stuck in SAV for about a yr I'm quickly closing in on 100K of ea SAV good; I think that's enough. As far as helping guildmates is concerned I'm most helpful carrying them along in the battlefield, I'm doing about 4X their combined total number of fights. Didn't plan on being a big fighter, but as far as game pts r concerned can't really compete w/o doing a lot of fights. Platinum is fine for now, when my guild lvl's up a bit more we can move to diamond and stay there; diamond league is a bit much for now, we manage but a bit too ugly for my liking.

No hand holding here, finding certain players on at any given time is a crap shoot and I haven't found other players to be all that helpful. Playing as an independent is the way I'm used to playing computer games, first-person shooter games we're my favorite type of game to play.

Obviously u don't care for my approach, so tell me how ur doing. How long have u played, what's your rank, how high r your GB's, how high do u get your attrition doing battlefield fights/negotiations, how many FP's r u collecting/day and how many game pts r u adding daily? When someone can, objectively, point out how exactly the Arc approach is superior then I may change my point of view, so far no matter how much players tell me I'm wrong no one has really talked about the why. Please give me a lessen or two, u'll be the first. For a computer game it's all about the numbers, opinions aren't worth much when numbers r available; a lessen has to include numbers.

Johnny B. Goode

lol, changed your last post quite a lot,
No, I just added the last paragraph. So, LOL yourself.
Just a bit a B.S. to embellish yours claims, freebie turns are not very common; occasionally I'll get an extra 2 and sometimes even get 4 extras over a very short time; but that the exception not the norm. If ur going to B.S. at least make it believable.
BS? That's another LOL from me. I get them quite frequently. Your belief or disbelief in the truth doesn't change its truthfulness.
As far as issues r concerned, you seem to have an issue. I pointed out that medal rewards from GB's aren't worth the time spent to get them.
Who spends time getting medals? Not me. I donate to other's GBs for the FP and BP rewards. The medals are just gravy. In an advanced city the only use for medals is the AA map on GvG and buying extra turns in GE and/or PVP Arena. So I doubt anyone who's been playing any length of time worries about chasing medals.
I'll break thru rank200 soon
Good for you, if that's what you care about. I don't. Rankings mean nothing to me.
Last thing, try talking about your stellar performance J.B., it doesn't sound like u actually play the game. Maybe ur one the players I've seen spend money to quickly advance early only to find they wasted their money. Not sure what your deal is, but I've asked where your primary character plays and u haven't responded. I'd like the check how a real "pro" has built their town, yours must be really something w/your I know it all attitude.
My current main city is on Vingrid. I also play on Arvahall, Brisgard, Cirgard, Mount Killmore, Sinerania, Xyr, Yorkton and Birka. Feel free to look them up. Of course, that would mean you having to start a city on those worlds. I've been playing the game, in my own personal style, for 7 years. I have started cities on every world and deleted most of them, sometimes starting another one later. I answer to no one as to my play style or performance. I do what I want how I want. Sounds like you do the same, but the difference is that I've actually tried several styles of play, while you're stuck in your narrow rut.

Darkest.Knight

Speaking of ruts u and your Arc attitudes seems pretty narrow to me. If u can't remember u go on endlessly as though there is only one way to play, selective memories.

J.B. what is your focus, it's a mystery to?

Darkest.Knight

You "ran" a one player guild? Got in a lot of arguments?
lol, u caught that, no arguments ever; still none. Someone may eventually tell me to be gentler while I carry them along. Just kidding, my guildmates do participate every week and I don't add to guild treasury very often now, still need to add some goods every now and then.

Darkest.Knight

Obviously u don't,, why would I acknowledge your negative presumptions; sense of humor helps a lot, lol. Verb tense made your meaning clear.

Johnny B. Goode

Speaking of ruts u and your Arc attitudes seems pretty narrow to me. If u can't remember u go on endlessly as though there is only one way to play, selective memories.

J.B. what is your focus, it's a mystery to?
My Arc attitude is irrelevant to my playing. There are many ways to play. In cased you just skimmed my post and missed it, I already said that I've played many different styles over the years.

As far as my focus, ask any regular Forum reader. I've stated it on several threads. My focus is enjoyment. I play this game as a leisure time activity. Not to prove anything. Not to "win" anything, which is good because this isn't a game you can really win. If I feel like not playing for a day or two, I don't play. If I feel like being on all day, I am. Sometimes I play events in earnest, sometimes I mostly skip them. I do whatever I feel like at the time. And I don't care if that means others "pass me by". Because I'm not competing with them. I'm not competing with anyone. I'm here to spend a pleasurable time playing around with city building and battling. You, on the other hand, have stated flatly that you are here to "win" the game. Well, good luck with that.

Gypsy Grace

Because of your post, I decided to delve into the PvP arena. I've won against all the players in my same era (EMA) and done well against players one era above me. I won a couple against players 2 levels above me and lost a couple to players 2 levels above me. I'm in the Silver league now and I am optimistic that I can advance another league or two. Just coins and supplies for rewards so far, I'm guessing they get better as you advance. I plan to keep at it for the month of April and then decide if it's worth my time and men to continue.

Ebeondi Asi

PvP offers two things worth the effort. First are Forge Points. it is relatively easy to get to the 100,000 points needed to win the 100Forge Points at the final reward. Then the 50 Forge point reward and another 20 earlier on. Also in higher Era the points gained for just plain fighting so many fights.
Generally if you are playing a few times day you do not need to spend any medals to get to 100,000 by the end of the month.
Fighting players in a higher Era is very worthwhile as you gain more points for doing so.

Ironrooster

The low participation rate shows how flawed this feature is.

The reward system is marginal per battle due to the low percentage.

The weekly is only worth the effort if you're on the top 500 - and given the goofy way you keep points from one week's competition to then next means it takes a lot of effort starting out to get there.

The monthly reward system is nice, but again on the meager side - I collect more forge points in one day than the 170 for playing the whole month.

Johnny B. Goode

The low participation rate shows how flawed this feature is.
Or how flawed players' thought processes are.
The reward system is marginal per battle due to the low percentage.
Yet the cost to play in both terms of time and game resources is negligible, so any rewards are basically free.
The weekly is only worth the effort if you're on the top 500 - and given the goofy way you keep points from one week's competition to then next means it takes a lot of effort starting out to get there.
I totally disagree with the first part of this. Sure, it's nice to be in the top 500, but you get a 1 in 5 chance of getting a Rogue Hideout even if you're in the top 3000. And if you participate at all you're guaranteed at this point to be easily within that group. Only one of the three possible prizes is better if you're in the top 500.
The monthly reward system is nice, but again on the meager side - I collect more forge points in one day than the 170 for playing the whole month.
Again, you have to look at how little effort is needed to get rewards in this feature. As long as you have decent boosts, the rewards are basically free. Minimal effort + minimal resource cost = Free Stuff!