• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP

Tharkunn

If I conquer the area that says it opens up PvP do I automatically open myself to someone invading me? Not really interested or desiring fighting someone else at this time.

Baroque

Conquering a province with a tower in it allows you to participate in the PVP tournament for that age. It doesn't matter if you fight or negotiate. Until you unlock PVP in your tech tree you cannot attack or be attacked by other players,

WendyEJ

Hmmm so maybe I won't unlock it and stay safe from attack lol:rolleyes:

Will it prevent me from going on expeditions?

Agent327

Conquering a province with a tower in it allows you to participate in the PVP tournament for that age. It doesn't matter if you fight or negotiate.

Just to be clear,only battle points count towards the PvP Tower ranking. You do not get battle points from negotiating.

UBERhelp1

In regards to PvP if I negotiate instead of conquer does it open PvP building??

Please explain
The PvP tower is a misnomer. All they do is compare player's points that they get from fighting battles. They don't actually open PvP.

What allows you to attack other players (and other players to attack you) is unlocking Military Tactics in the Iron Age tech tree.

Wwwoodchuck

Not really interested or desiring fighting someone else at this time.
By the way you phrased your question there may be a misunderstanding of PvP. It is not actually you, in person, versus another player. When they ‘attack your city’ it is the AI using your chosen defenders to battle. When you attack another players city you are not battling them, in person. You are battling their chosen troops controlled by the game AI.

At no time, so far as I have encountered yet… Does another player actually ‘challenge’ you where you would battle an actual person.

Algona

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a successful strategy. Don’t waste your time getting upset at being plundered. Take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum. If all else fails, be patient, hopefully you’ll rotate to a nicer hood in a couple weeks. In order of effectiveness.:

TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD. Expensive but it does the job.

PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

FIND UNPLUNDERAB:E GOODS SOURCES. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods. Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, and many motivated Special Buildings can’t be plundered. Recurring Quests can provide Goods.

MANIPULATE YOUR NEIGHBOTHOOD POSITION. Players at the bottom of the hood seldom attack the top players in the hood. Slow down Tech growth and put some time and effort into acquiring and leveling GBs. This will move you up higher in the hood.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce Decorations, AND increase your Friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your Houses, Supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your Coin/Supply production will go up because Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. If you are not inflicting any casualties try changing some of the units in your defense. Watchfires, Ritual Flame, some Special Event Buildings, Monastery, Deal Castle, St. Basils, Terra Cotta, and AO help with defence.

COUNTERATTACK PLUNDERERES. If you can, take back that which was yours. Even an unsuccessful attack may dissuade a casual plunderer.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

Good luck.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Being attacked or even attacked and plundered is a very inconsequential thing in this game. It is easy to avoid being plundered as Algona pointed out, or just don't worry about it if it does happen. The loss is tiny compared to most games with pvp, and relatively rare to boot.

Being attacked but not plundered doesn't harm you in any way, shape or form.

WendyEJ

Thanks Can't believe how complicated this game is. I am enjoying the challenge though. Keeping my brain young LOL

Kranyar the Mysterious

You'll be a pro in no time. Being here actually trying to figure things out pretty much guarantees that.

Using the fan wiki that shall not be named also helps.