• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quest Cycling Issue

MaranKarma

Why won't FoE consider a simple request to have the recurring requests reset on the one you just completed instead of the next one? You have to hit "abort" 12 times every time to reset to the same quest again. For me this means 25+ times a day between the 3 I regularly use!

I have suggested this and the mods insist it has already been submitted. However. I have run endless searches and can see NO instance of this request. Close ones, but not this one.

This is such a simple request that, if implemented would result in much less game fatigue and boredom and, in my opinion would retain players.

Pericles the Lion

Why won't FoE consider a simple request to have the recurring requests reset on the one you just completed instead of the next one? You have to hit "abort" 12 times every time to reset to the same quest again. For me this means 25+ times a day between the 3 I regularly use!

I have suggested this and the mods insist it has already been submitted. However. I have run endless searches and can see NO instance of this request. Close ones, but not this one.

This is such a simple request that, if implemented would result in much less game fatigue and boredom and, in my opinion would retain players.

RazorbackPirate

At this point, I would say that one reason we will not see this is that it would defeat/overcome the Abort limit.

As it stands, Inno wants you to abort 12 times to get to the one you want to do over again. This limits you in two ways. Annoys you with aborts limiting the amount of time you're willing to spend doing them, and makes it so you hit the upper limit before obtaining an unreasonable amount of rewards.

MaranKarma

At this point, I would say that one reason we will not see this is that it would defeat/overcome the Abort limit.

As it stands, Inno wants you to abort 12 times to get to the one you want to do over again. This limits you in two ways. Annoys you with aborts limiting the amount of time you're willing to spend doing them, and makes it so you hit the upper limit before obtaining an unreasonable amount of rewards.
What abort limit? I do probably 50 repeating recurring requests a day with 12 aborts each to get back to the one that I wsnt. and have never hit an abort limit.

MaranKarma

Your idea would have to have a very concrete abuse prevention mechanism to be able to be considered. It may not be your intention but your idea as is will lead to a lot of abuse of RQs
How can RQ be abused by this, you can waste time aborting 12 times, or Inno could simply leave the quest set to the one you just finished. Either way the same nu.ber of RQs are possible. The 2nd way is just less annoying.

Johnny B. Goode

What abort limit? I do probably 50 repeating recurring requests a day with 12 aborts each to get back to the one that I wsnt. and have never hit an abort limit.
The abort limit is set at 2000 aborts. As you can imagine, only those abusing the RQs ever hit it.
How can RQ be abused by this, you can waste time aborting 12 times, or Inno could simply leave the quest set to the one you just finished. Either way the same nu.ber of RQs are possible. The 2nd way is just less annoying.
With the right city setup, a player could do almost limitless RQs. Trust me on this.
Because the RQs in tandem with (most likely) the Chateau rewards was once an abuse that was rectified by limiting the number of RQ's that can be completed in one along with a number of other issues. (This happened quite some time back so don't remember all of the details but a search in this forum might net you some answers).

This link you provided led me to a dead-end. I received a message that I did not have sufficient rights to'read this page nor review it's content'. Not sure why but thought I'd bring it to your attention. Wouldn't mind seeing it! Thanks. :)
I think the RQ aborts limit was only a couple of years ago, but I could be wrong. Much less than 5 years in any case.
The thread that the link was to was probably archived when they renovated the Ideas section, and now only Forum staff can access it.