• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QUEST OVERVIEW

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser28970

"feel free to click the button below and learn more"

What button? Gotta love those invisible buttons! ;)

ODragon

I can't tell from the images. Is there a visual alert when you complete a quest like there is now?

DeletedUser26154

I can't think of a single bad thing to say about these wonderful improvements.

images (19).jpg

I do nothing but Recurring Quests now that I'm finished with all Ocean Future Story Quests.

lemur

The current system that we were using for the past five years has been great and worked well ...

Then leave it alone!

... but it had several restrictions that were always very limiting when it comes to what we could do with quests.

What restrictions?? Perhaps we would have a better appreciation for why you are making this radical change if you explained what is so bad about the existing system.

We came up with a new Quest Overview which should be able to display all of the needed information in an efficient way ...

Efficient use is far more important than efficient display. At least that's the case for those of us who actually play the game every day.

(many thanks to our Beta community!)

Why are you thanking the players whose feedback you routinely ignore? This change was widely and vehemently criticized on the Beta Forum. Yet here we are — with InnoGames going ahead with it anyway. That really smacks of arrogance.

I will suspend further judgment of this new system until I have used it for a few days. But the way it is being implemented over the strong objections of so many experienced players does not leave me with much hope.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I will suspend further judgment of this new system until I have used it for a few days.
See, I won't even venture an opinion until I've at least seen it in action. But you go ahead, slam Inno again for what you supposedly know about the Beta test.

images

DeletedUser26120

Perhaps we would have a better appreciation for why you are making this radical change if you explained what is so bad about the existing system.
They did already explain it, old system couldn't have more than 2 quest conditions at once - like produce 2 excellent boots / 2 bear hides or pay coins/supplies.

With the new system there can be as many as 5 conditions to complete a quest and they are using this feature for Daily Challenges. The better the prize is, the more complicated the challenges are and sometimes you have to do 5 different things.

The new quest system enables all that.

DeletedUser26154

Right now, I do three Recurring Quests at the same time.

Gather 1,000,000 Coins.
1 m coins.png

Gather 900,000 Supplies.
900K supplies.png

Gather 1,500,000 Supplies.
1,5 M supplies.png

I'll never need a goods building ever again unless to finish a quest.

plunderman has a beard.png

Will I still be able to do 3 recurring quests at the same time, after the new Quest System is installed?

DeletedUser26154

So let me get this straight.
We can do up to 3 Recurring Quests at the same time, if qualified.
We don't have to go through all that grueling click-click-click-Are-You-Sure stuff anymore either?
And the Quest Board is bright and easy to read, too?

images (2).jpg

I can't wait for it to go live.