• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QUEST OVERVIEW

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser26796

That is exactly my problem. They took my recurring questline away for no reason at all. And there is no 'Or' in the current Fall Event quest. It is required to complete a questline that I have zero ability to complete at my Age.

I know people have their own thoughts on this matter, but you guys have recurring quests, unlike me, so I find little reason to agree with anyone's opinions even when they are not going through the same thing as me.

People's viewpoints and opinions change when they experience issues/problems that a majority of others don't go through. I can say with pretty high confidence, that if you're recurring quests got taken away with no warning in game whatsoever, and you were really enjoying those quests, you would think the same as me too. Even more so, if you are denied the ability to complete a Seasonal/Historical Questline, due to not having Age Specific quests.

So, if you're going through the same as me, take a screenshot showing no recurring quests, and then you will have a reason to comment on my situation and share your opinion on the matter.

Thanks, sincerely, Animex.

DeletedUser

That is exactly my problem. They took my recurring questline away for no reason at all.
The recurring quest line is sometimes "highjacked" by either a Side Quest, or Bonus Quest, both of which are usually triggered by some action, such as taking a province or researching a tech. If they are abortable, as a lot of Side Quests are, you can abort through them back to the recurring quests. If they are not abortable, you have to fulfill it/them and then the slot will return to recurring quests.

DeletedUser29623

The recurring quest line is sometimes "highjacked" by either a Side Quest, or Bonus Quest, both of which are usually triggered by some action, such as taking a province or researching a tech. If they are abortable, as a lot of Side Quests are, you can abort through them back to the recurring quests. If they are not abortable, you have to fulfill it/them and then the slot will return to recurring quests.

Thank you! This happened to me and I was completely mystified

DeletedUser26796

If they are abortable, as a lot of Side Quests are, you can abort through them back to the recurring quests. If they are not abortable, you have to fulfill it/them and then the slot will return to recurring quests.

Mine are not arbort-able. And, I also understand that normally, If I complete/fulfill the non-abort-able quests, that it will re-open the recurring quests.

The main issue is the requirements include unlocking a culture building on the tech tree, and that would mean Inno is forcing/coercing me to abandon my current age, in order to complete the quest that is not all Age specific/Allows me to stay in my Age.

I find that is extremely unfair. It limits the players experiencing this, to have any choice on how to play the game. Think about this way.

What if you were forced to stay in an Age, and can't move forward, even though you want to advance. I guarantee that everyone would be extremely frustrated that they can not advance/forced to stay in that Age.

Well, it is the same situation with me, except that I want to stay in my Age, and not move forward, but are being coerced/forced to do so.

DeletedUser

Mine are not arbort-able. And, I also understand that normally, If I complete/fulfill the non-abort-able quests, that it will re-open the recurring quests.

The main issue is the requirements include unlocking a culture building on the tech tree, and that would mean Inno is forcing/coercing me to abandon my current age, in order to complete the quest that is not all Age specific/Allows me to stay in my Age.

I find that is extremely unfair. It limits the players experiencing this, to have any choice on how to play the game. Think about this way.

What if you were forced to stay in an Age, and can't move forward, even though you want to advance. I guarantee that everyone would be extremely frustrated that they can not advance/forced to stay in that Age.

Well, it is the same situation with me, except that I want to stay in my Age, and not move forward, but are being coerced/forced to do so.
Which is why I leave a tech or two unlocked if I want to park in an age. And if I run out of techs, I either advance or don't complete the event. It's all about choices and being prepared. You could always start over in another world and use these lessons you've learned to have a less frustrating experience there. :)

DeletedUser26965

It's a common typical complaint that goes back a long ways. Inno has made some adjustments to the most common aspects of those complaints being Tech and Map requirements by adding "or" conditions to many of those for Events. Now you would like them to consider the same for other aspects, in your particular case perhaps an "or" condition to "solve another quest". Nothing wrong with that but you have to consider the effects on the game as a whole and what Inno wants not just what some players want.

This will also come up for Daily Challenges. It also applies to the Story/Bonus/Side/Recurring quests. All of these will have quests in them that will not suit a players playstyle. If a player wants to stay in an age then there's consequences to that especially at earlier ages. Perhaps we simply conceptualize it differently but I don't think every single aspect of the game should be available to Bronze Age players thereby making advancing simply an option. If players want to do more stuff, be involved in more stuff, get more stuff then they should adjust their game for that. But perhaps you think it should be otherwise.

DeletedUser26120

The game isn't designed for you to sit in one age for indefinite periods of time and still be able to do everything.

As stated before, if you want to camp then eventually you will have to decide what is more important to you: the events/quests you are missing out on, or staying in that age.

I don't think Inno will change the game to fix that but they have given us more accommodating options lately, I think that's the best you'll get.

DeletedUser26154

They took my recurring questline away for no reason at all.

I can see where AnimEXtremist is coming from.
Being locked out of quests and all.
The game is based on progression and if you got stuck, there's not much anyone can do.
Inno can't back peddle on Event Quest Requirements.

black background - Copy.png

Or the Event Quests become pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27454

I would like to know what's up with the campaign maps, you fight a campaign map that's in contemporary age yet they have troops from the future age, helicopters and such. Whereas when with diamonds I can't buy troops to match them and I'm in post modern age. Maybe three ages above and they have troops two ages above me. That just makes no sense at all. I hope y'all resolve tbis

DeletedUser

I would like to know what's up with the campaign maps, you fight a campaign map that's in contemporary age yet they have troops from the future age, helicopters and such. Whereas when with diamonds I can't buy troops to match them and I'm in post modern age. Maybe three ages above and they have troops two ages above me. That just makes no sense at all. I hope y'all resolve tbis
Attack Helicopters are from Contemporary Era, not Future Era.