• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QUEST OVERVIEW

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

Algona

I like getting rid of the 'Abort' Confirmation.

Otherwise I do not like this new addition.

It;s harder to read. The animation of the changing quest is clunky.

I have not seen an upside to the Quests all in one window, it's slowere to check the staus of a particulzar quest.

When cycling through Quests and you get to the one you want, these should be a button fight there to accept the Quest instead of having to close the window.

Worst the combo of this and the new GB screen make it way too easy to waste FPs, Multiple spend X FP RQs is much harder to manage efficiently then it used to be.

Having spen a few thousand FP under the new tandem I can really and truly say I tried. I don't like it.

Sigh.

Please INNO quit giving us changes that reduce functionality.

DeletedUser26965

Some claim they have it not everyone nor myself.
I have it, on Beta;) how ya think I got the screenshot and those HoF's looking sweet and WW? Dang, my alts gonna be happy, you know you just wanna click that chest, don't worry you will soon, of course the comments will be filled with whine and cheese crackers of these challenges being challenging so they'll nerf em down to infinity for 25 supplies rewards instead:(

DeletedUser

I have not seen an upside to the Quests all in one window,
The upside is that, when you have an event quest, Story Quest, and 2 recurring quests, along with the Treasure Hunt, it can take up the entire left side of your screen. Makes it hard to look for Incidents and Apple Trees over there. The new interface fixes that problem. :D

DeletedUser28670

The, IMO, only reason this update ever came to pass is because of the Daily Quests, which can have up to 5 requirements. The old version could only support 2 requirements.

Pros of this new update: Getting rid of abort, and later on Daily Quests
Cons of this new update: Hard to read. Looks like a kid's game now.

Basically, Inno puts in 1 good thing and takes it all back to where we started with some bad things.

I do think Daily Quests will make up for it though :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28711

Daily Challenges are not live yet which apparently because of that, constantly having Event quests, plus all the other quests they wanted to get it all under one window;
Some claim they have it not everyone nor myself.

ForGotten3, the Daily Challenges that sloppy referenced & the Incidents that you're referencing are 2 different features, both of which in tandem are supposed to replace the soon to be retired Treasure Hunt (PC only).

When cycling through Quests and you get to the one you want, these should be a button fight there to accept the Quest instead of having to close the window.

I've found that as I've been able to recognize the order in which the quest(s) that I want to work is, all I have to do is click abort on the quest preceding it & then click anywhere in my city which will simultaneously close the quest overview & load the quest that I want in the background, so there's actually nothing that I have to click to accept that quest.

All-in-all, I really don't mind the new overview on either the PC or mobile, but there are a couple of things that I'd like to see changed:
  • As has been stated by others already, change the PC version so that it shows the actual amounts of coins, supples, happiness, etc. just as it's shown in the mobile version instead of showing only the abbreviated/decimal version on the PC.
  • Have the same type of quest that was just completed & collected stay in the top slot in the list instead of rotating it to a different slot. I don't see the need to rotate the quest slot positions before the next quest of the same type is shown, regardless if it's a recurring, story, side or bonus quest.

DeletedUser26120

If you were previously satisfied looping on the PC, I can see that you might be even more satisfied now.
This is true. For anyone looping on mobile, all I can tell you is get on PC and do it there.

I had to do my daily collections in main world today on app, cycling the coins quest was a pain.

If they got rid of that yes/no thing and made the abort button stay in same place then it'd actually be pretty great.

Same for PC - need abort to stay static.

Or give us keyboard shortcuts for abort and next quests.

Algona

Classic, SJS.

I appreciate the info SJS, Stephen, minjr. Yeah, I forgot the daily challenges. Is this new system really the best way to handle this?

I have two bigger quest givers visible now, Event and Story. I used to have 5. The two are individually wider and taller then the old Icons were. They've been moved down a little from the top. If the idea was to save screen space shouldn't INNO have have used same size or smaller Icons? Will I have a separate daily challenges quest giver as well blocking even more screen?

That way I could have even more fun looking for stuff in my wilderness. Personally, 'm more a fan of playing Forge of Empires. Never was much of a fan of Where's Waldo. much less Where'd Waldo Drop a Deuce?

lemur

As someone who has a 3+ year vested interest in the game, including over a year of everyday use on the iPad, I can tell you that this new interface makes multiworld play nearly impossible, as there just isn't enough time in a day because the navigation is messed up.

I think we're supposed to drink the Kool-Aid and pretend that everything is wonderful. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I think we're supposed to drink the Kool-Aid and pretend that everything is wonderful. :rolleyes:
If you understood that reference, you would know that you have to pretend that everything is wonderful before you drink the Kool-Aid, because after you drink it, you won't be able to do anything but decompose. LOL

DeletedUser26965

A good improvement for Browser as my earlier tests indicated would be. I was finally able to do a full blow test today on my Recurring Quest City;
  • 312 Blacksmiths
  • 3 quest giver slots
  • 156 quests
  • Total time to collect 26 minutes
Not bad considering prior tests on the old interface collecting 300 blacksmiths with 2 quest giver slots(100 quests) was just about the same amount of time around 30 minutes so there has been good improvement in speed.

The Keyboard Shortcut to set productions helped as well, though it only takes a bit over 6 minutes to set 312 blacksmith productions now with the shortcut it takes a bit over 4 minutes but I think I can get that down a bit more once I get used to it, same with the collecting as well though I got a pretty good feel for that now I don't think that part will go down all that much.

In the end it's not that bad but it still would be nice and a big improvement to set which Recurring Quest(s) you want so only those come up instead of always having to cycle through the ones you never do.

DeletedUser26120

Had to use the app to collect earlier today. Looks like they got rid of the yes/no thing. It is much faster now.

DeletedUser26796

I just want to send another message to this forum regarding the importance of making quests Age-Specific. As well as the frustration I am facing frequently. The 3rd quest on the final Fall Event quest-line is: Recruit 3 units from your Age or 5 from the previous Age. And, solve any other quest (Eg: Story quest).

But, both story quests, I am unable to complete at this time. This is frustrating, because this means I won't be able to get the rewards at the end of the Fall Event.

If someone can please relay this to anyone @ inno, that would be greatly appreciated. I really enjoy this game, but I am feeling increasingly coerced to go up in level, even though I would like to stay in IA. That is dampening my experience from fully enjoying this game, and immersing myself into it. A game should promote more choice/options to all players, rather than trying to force/coerce players to increase Ages, even when they do not want to.

Thank you kindly, sincerely, Anime.

DeletedUser26965

I just want to send another message to this forum regarding the importance of making quests Age-Specific. As well as the frustration I am facing frequently. The 3rd quest on the final Fall Event quest-line is: Recruit 3 units from your Age or 5 from the previous Age. And, solve any other quest (Eg: Story quest).

But, both story quests, I am unable to complete at this time. This is frustrating, because this means I won't be able to get the rewards at the end of the Fall Event.

If someone can please relay this to anyone @ inno, that would be greatly appreciated. I really enjoy this game, but I am feeling increasingly coerced to go up in level, even though I would like to stay in IA. That is dampening my experience from fully enjoying this game, and immersing myself into it. A game should promote more choice/options to all players, rather than trying to force/coerce players to increase Ages, even when they do not want to.

Thank you kindly, sincerely, Anime.
Not sure what any of that has to do with the quest overview but don't you have a recurring quest you can do? That will fulfill the requirement. If you want to stay in an age then at some point you'll have to forego events, the storyline/side/bonus quests and the upcoming Daily Challenges because all of them have conditions that progress the game forward i.e. tech/map and I doubt Inno is ever going to change that completely, they have added more "or" conditions to event quests, so some players can sit in an age forever and do everything else as well.