• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QUEST OVERVIEW

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser28021

Well, I've now examined the IPad interface. The repeating quest to collect coins in CA has no abort button, *and nowhere says you are supposed to collect coins, let alone how many*. I identified it by going from browser to iPad and back. Other CA recurring quests have abort buttons and descriptions of the goal.

You can abort the coins quest - just use apple's "delete" gesture on it, i.e. drag it off the screen to the left.

FWIW, this is also the quest that gave me the same reward 5 times in a row right after the new interface came out, causing me to presume a bug and file a support ticket. It has since returned to producing a random reward, but overall, I suspect there may be more messed up with it than the display on an iThing.

I haven't tried the crappy new interface on any small screen device, but I imagine there's no room for anything :-(

DeletedUser12620

Well, I've now examined the IPad interface. The repeating quest to collect coins in CA has no abort button, *and nowhere says you are supposed to collect coins, let alone how many*. I identified it by going from browser to iPad and back. Other CA recurring quests have abort buttons and descriptions of the goal.

You can abort the coins quest - just use apple's "delete" gesture on it, i.e. drag it off the screen to the left.

FWIW, this is also the quest that gave me the same reward 5 times in a row right after the new interface came out, causing me to presume a bug and file a support ticket. It has since returned to producing a random reward, but overall, I suspect there may be more messed up with it than the display on an iThing.

I haven't tried the crappy new interface on any small screen device, but I imagine there's no room for anything :-(

I won 20 diamonds today. I feel lucky maybe a GE spree tomorrow :)

DeletedUser12620

I tried this on my phone LOVED IT! I was going so fast that I missed a world (N world) lol. ;)

It fits mobile devices quite well. Highly recommended this if you collect from more than one world many times a day!

Algona

Furthermore, the fancy moving graphics causes a slight delay before each button becomes "active" and receptive to the mouse cursor.

Ahreed. I'm finding this 'jerkiness' of the screen annoying. Pretty shoddy work INNO.

lavty

Spent a few more days navigating through quests with this new quest interface.... Unfortunately, I will have to limit playing quests altogether, on any worlds other than my main, as there is just not enough time in a day to have fun anymore. As I said before, I feel defeated and have wasted hours and hours donating to build up Chateau's on other worlds, all for not.

There simply isn't enough time in a day to play mutliworld anymore and this doesn't appear like it will be reversed.

It was fun while it lasted I guess....

DeletedUser31133

I play recurring quests daily, sometimes referred to as HQS or "abort-cycle". The new system is slower than the old on all platforms. I do appreciate that you can get rid of the abort confirmation window. but the placement on the edge of the screen rather than in its own window in screen center as was the case in the previous version means a continual sweep of eyes and cursor back and forth to abort cycle and to actually click on production buildings to gather the required outputs. No developer who actually played the game (and did any recurring quests) would ever have implemented such a poor UI for this.

DeletedUser28077

Sure. Just throw yourself off the stage, your fans will catch you. :D

Bon Scott of AC/DC did that at a concert I was attending. The fact that I saw AC/DC in concert while Bon Scott was still alive gives away my age to a certain extent...it took him a while to make it back to the stage.

Many of you probably know Brian Johnson as the lead singer of AC/DC. At least I am not old enough to have seen them when Dave Evans was their front man (circa 1973 or 1974 about)

lemur

I feel defeated and have wasted hours and hours donating to build up Chateau's on other worlds, all for not.

I did the same. When used correctly, Château Frontenac is one of the most powerful Great Buildings in the game — surpassed only by the Arc, which radically changed the game.

It's amazing, isn't it? InnoGames seems to have so little respect for its player base — treating us like expendable guinea pigs in their Flash programming sandbox.

DeletedUser12620

Spent a few more days navigating through quests with this new quest interface.... Unfortunately, I will have to limit playing quests altogether, on any worlds other than my main, as there is just not enough time in a day to have fun anymore. As I said before, I feel defeated and have wasted hours and hours donating to build up Chateau's on other worlds, all for not.

There simply isn't enough time in a day to play mutliworld anymore and this doesn't appear like it will be reversed.

It was fun while it lasted I guess....

How? This makes the quest much faster to cycle LoL do you click the tiny box each time you cycle? ;)

DeletedUser12620

I did the same. When used correctly, Château Frontenac is one of the most powerful Great Buildings in the game — surpassed only by the Arc, which radically changed the game.

It's amazing, isn't it? InnoGames seems to have so little respect for its player base — treating us like expendable guinea pigs in their Flash programming sandbox.

upload_2017-9-14_16-2-25.jpeg

DeletedUser12620

These comments make me feel bad for INNO.... I really love the new quest overview and feel this is a step up. This new feature allows us to cycle fast and spend less time trying to cycle quest Bless those who feel differently. :(

DeletedUser

Apparently you missed their announcement that they are moving to HTML5 early next year.

DeletedUser12620

I was saying it is much faster on PC than it used to be, not that it is faster than mobile.:)

I agree it is, I tried it yesterday during the evening... it's fast but it's still the same amount of speed where I began to close my eyes.... I had to use mobile to finish collecting.

DeletedUser

No, that's a lie. The benefit of removing the abort confirmation button is overwhelmed by all of the negative factors that were introduced by the new design — as I already explained and as Agamemnon already explained. In fact, that is the very message to which you were responding. Please pay attention.
I did read and understand all the false data that you provided. It isn't true. And two of you saying doesn't make it any more true. I have been quest looping for months on PC, and it is now faster to do than before. It takes me less time. None of your snide comments about Inno will change that fact.

DeletedUser12620

I did read and understand all the false data that you provided. It isn't true. And two of you saying doesn't make it any more true. I have been quest looping for months on PC, and it is now faster to do than before. It takes me less time. None of your snide comments about Inno will change that fact.

I could not agree on it more Stephen!