• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Quest Skipping

DeletedUser

I skipped or aborted a bunch of the quests npcs offered me. I was wondering if I could get those quest offers again? Is it possible let me know;)!! Thank you

DeletedUser

Good question! I'm stuck on quests I CAN'T finish right now. But, I was afraid to decline them, in case they were one-time offers.

DeletedUser

Once you abort/decline a quest, you can not get them back. I believe this is true for almost all quests. I think there are like 1 or 2 that can come back at some point.

DeletedUser

Thanx, Dan. I suspected as much. Looks like I'm stalled out, for now. :(

DeletedUser

Certain quests are worth skipping. Some I'd be glad to never see again. If the reward doesn't even come close to outweighing the cost of completing the quest or the time and effort required, there's no point wasting time on it.

DeletedUser26

Certain quests are worth skipping. Some I'd be glad to never see again. If the reward doesn't even come close to outweighing the cost of completing the quest or the time and effort required, there's no point wasting time on it.

what he said.

DeletedUser34

My opinion is this is misleading..why? The jester quests....worthless as all get out, BUT the end quest after having completed them is the diamonds. Just my two cents.

DeletedUser26

some quests have you do things like give away 11000 supplies and get back 5 stone. Thats just ed. Skip it.

DeletedUser

My opinion is this is misleading..why? The jester quests....worthless as all get out, BUT the end quest after having completed them is the diamonds. Just my two cents.

Yeah, never want to skip a quest by a Jester. But some, like ones where they have you recruit one of every unit in the age, or simultaneously have one of every goods building from the specific age, are just ridiculous with minimal rewards.

DeletedUser

Yeah, those are the ones I had in mind Daniel. Dom, I've completed every quest the Jester has given me. However, I did skip the one to build every EMA or iron age goods building (whichever it was) and the one to recruit three heavy cavalry and armoured infantry. There were others but those are the only ones I specifically remember. There is no way I was going to spend that ridiculous amount of resources building useless goods buildings for a 10,000 coin reward or go out of my way to recruit useless units that I'd never ever dream of using.

DeletedUser34

Yeah, those are the ones I had in mind Daniel. Dom, I've completed every quest the Jester has given me. However, I did skip the one to build every EMA or iron age goods building (whichever it was) and the one to recruit three heavy cavalry and armoured infantry. There were others but those are the only ones I specifically remember. There is no way I was going to spend that ridiculous amount of resources building useless goods buildings for a 10,000 coin reward or go out of my way to recruit useless units that I'd never ever dream of using.

OH I got you, I completed all the jester quests as well, because I was given a heads up from players further along than I was at the time. I just wanted to clarify, the jester quests being the most useless seeming of them all, that players should be careful with the advise, because some quests are stupid and can be skipped, but some seem stupid but should not. Had I not known of the diamonds from the jester, had I read your advise, I would have skipped them. Just my take on things.

DeletedUser

Well I posted the advice, but I didn't skip the jester's quests. The Jester's quests were all simple and able to be completed instantly, which I think is why I didn't skip them. I care more about the time and effort needed for a quest than the resources, maybe that proves I'm lazy AND stupid, but at least it paid off.

DeletedUser

is there a wiki-list of all the quests and their potential outcomes. or similar to The West that has 3rd party sites such as tw-db.info or weststats that show the quests?

DeletedUser

The Wiki is being written by the developers, but it has not been released to the public yet. There are no third party sites yet that I am aware of, unless you count Slygoxx's city planner but that won't help with quests.

In short, there's no visible database of quests available to the public at this point.

EDIT: It seems the city planner has now turned into ForgeStats. No quests right now but I assume we should keep our eye on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

is there a wiki-list of all the quests and their potential outcomes. or similar to The West that has 3rd party sites such as tw-db.info or weststats that show the quests?

Well there is FOE-DB.info,but I think that they are still working on it,not much there but you can find some quests and stats about units there.

DeletedUser

I hadn't heard of that, I guess it's a .net or .de thing. You may be able to find more sites by browsing the .net forums.

DeletedUser

I have found it on abedy's profile on The West,beta server.
It says that it is a new project of his team.
Can I post link here??

DeletedUser73

EDIT: It seems the city planner has now turned into ForgeStats. No quests right now but I assume we should keep our eye on it.

I hope to add them all at some point, though there's still a lot of things not known about the quests. You should definitely keep your eye on the site though :)

DeletedUser2382

Is it possible to get more information on the jester quests? Its probably in here, but i was unable to find any before this post. I had been wondering the same thing (if perhaps there was something good at the end of it) before i got to the "donkey-feeding" one and said screw this and skipped. Since i have already skipped one-should i just skip all the rest then? and what exactly was the reward, was it just huge and worth completely restarting? Or was it just like 5 diamonds or something?

DeletedUser2382

Nvm. It seems you can skip them as long as you don't skip the last one or something. just got to the one where he requests 333 gold, and paid it after seeing this forum, got the 40 diamonds. nice!