• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

questing with instant drops

Dursland

You'd think instant dropping fp would be a godsend for questing but it's the opposite, I find myself struggling to finish questing before all spots are called and filled.

With the old system I could call P1 and be halfway done questing by the time P2 was called and we'd finish about the same time.

Now I can't get 300fp in before P2 is called and filled. Then I'm not even above P2 yet when P3/P4 get picked up.

How do you guys handle it?

Mor-Rioghain

I'm completely confused by your question unless you're talking about depositing your fps in some type of groupings, i.e., for RQs. Perhaps you could rephrase so someone can try to answer. :)

Johnny B. Goode

You'd think instant dropping fp would be a godsend for questing but it's the opposite, I find myself struggling to finish questing before all spots are called and filled.

With the old system I could call P1 and be halfway done questing by the time P2 was called and we'd finish about the same time.

Now I can't get 300fp in before P2 is called and filled. Then I'm not even above P2 yet when P3/P4 get picked up.

How do you guys handle it?
This is happening because the other players are not fulfilling RQs as they donate, they're donating it all at once. It sounds like the problem here is that the GB owner is priming other spots before you get finished. They should wait to prime the other spots until the higher spots are filled. (Personally, I think you have to make a choice between calling/filling spots and doing RQs if this is really an issue for you, but that's just me.)

Mor-Rioghain

Okay - I thought this might have to do with fulfilling RQs. Hmmm. I'd have to say that I actually avoid players who try to do their RQs on my GBs. Virtually every guild I know of and certainly those I've been a member of frown upon this practice. Likewise, external 1.x threads often forbid it specifically. It's certainly your choice to do this, but honestly, are you prepared to reimburse the owner of the GB if they are sniped because you are vamping your CF?

Perhaps the reason that's the "old" way is because once upon a time sniping was generally considered something that wasn't discussed in 'polite company,' as they say. It certainly wasn't spoken of as openly as it is now. Maybe that means it wasn't done as often but I suspect that it's actually got more to do with GBs being so high-level after the game's been around so long now and of course, the FP-Boon from BG and people power-leveling their GBs. So, the "new" way is to power-level right there on 1.x threads rather than the "older" way of setting up PL groups or "Parties." I've found it extremely difficult to set up parties for about 2 years now as most people prefer the "drop and go" method of a well-run 1.x thread.

Dursland

It wasn't such a problem when everyone had to do a bunch of clicks and me being quicker than most people.

I haven't had anyone ask me to not quest on their gbs but again, I am reasonable about it. If the GB is being filled quickly, I dump more fps at once - or finish it off.

Johnny's right - my biggest problem is that nobody else is questing lol. In Zorskog it was a big thing, a lot did it. Here not so much.

xivarmy

I take one quest (or set of quests in an age with multiple FP quests) per spot claimed max. Have the quests ready, do the full instant drop, don't hold up the thread.

The minor profits of extra quests are not worth the aggravation caused by trying to maximize the quest throughput usually - the FP is insignificant, and otherwise "it's only goods".

Mor-Rioghain

I also do a full drop of the FPs and satisfy just one "spend FPs" quest. My personal dislike of the habit is more about how long it takes to wait for someone to rotate RQs than the sniping issue but yes, it's still an issue and one I won't tolerate except from my most trusted of friends. Since I know an awful lot of people who feel the way I do about the situation in general I'm guessing that's probably why I've never quite understood how people were still able to hit these target marks of 200+ RQs a day (or higher?), lol!! Always seemed impossible to me but if you were doing that on every GB you invested in, I can see how it would add up! (I'm sorry if I came off sounding officious earlier, I didn't mean to - it just surprised me a bit because I've not really heard of anyone doing that since I was a very young player and the GBs were generally under level 20! -- over 5 years ago)

MJ Artisan of War

I do both RQ's and a lot of 1.9 spots.... I always fill the entire spot at one time.... Seems the correct and polite thing to do.... But again, being on several 1.9 threads makes getting a ton of RQ's easy.