• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question about forum censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who decides which posts should be deleted? And how do they decide? The US forum seems to be as arbitrarily dictatorial and clique as the EN forum, with off-topic posts by "liked" members being allowed, and on-topic posts by "unliked" members deleted. I don't expect to get an answer, or even for this question to remain more than a few minutes so I'll go and ask on Twitter and see if I can actually get a sensible reply.

Graviton

Who decides which posts should be deleted? And how do they decide?

Yes, forum mods make that determination based on forum guidelines. If you had a post deleted you violated a guideline. It happens without regard to who's doing the posting. "Dictatorial" is a bit harsh and weird; it's an official forum, they have to have some rules.

...I'll go and ask on Twitter and see if I can actually get a sensible reply.

You'll never get a sensible reply to anything on Twitter. ;)

plinker2

Who decides which posts should be deleted? And how do they decide? The US forum seems to be as arbitrarily dictatorial and clique as the EN forum, with off-topic posts by "liked" members being allowed, and on-topic posts by "unliked" members deleted. I don't expect to get an answer, or even for this question to remain more than a few minutes so I'll go and ask on Twitter and see if I can actually get a sensible reply.
o_O

plinker2

It all depends on the infraction. Some require instant action because the poster should know it is flagrant. Some are , lets call it, technical. If it is that, we can usually give you the rule that is broken. This is why you should read the forum rules (url above) and try to keep them in mind. I for one, had much rather read a good discussion on a thread that to have to start editing or deleting, or moving a post. Hope this helps.

Agent327

Forum rules are the guideline we use. plinker2 has already shown you where to find them. These are the rules that apply to you and your post(s).

- It is permitted to discuss other FoE servers, but please bear in mind that they are separate entities, and what goes for one may not necessarily go for another. There are some exceptions to this rule:

Just as it is not permitted to discuss the actions of moderators from this server, It is also not permitted to discuss the actions of moderators from other FoE servers here. To do so serves no purpose whatsoever, as the support teams are also entirely separate from one another. If you have a problem with the moderation team on another server, please raise a ticket on that server.

- If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic or post in public about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics and posting about it only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

- The moderators have the right to edit or delete posts and close topics. Please follow their instructions.

- If you notice that your post or topic was deleted, it has been removed for a good reason. Do not rewrite it. If need be, PM the moderator in question about why it was removed. Do not post in the forums asking why your post was removed or edited.

That is more than enough reason for this post to be deleted, but I will just lock it. Anyone needing answers can always contact a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.