• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question about in game mail

DeletedUser35526

I did search for this topic and found nothing. I would like to be able to send group mail to my friends but I only have the option of sending out to my guild mates or to individual players. What do I need to do?

DeletedUser36624

Highly recommend you don't do it. What on earth could possibly be that important to everybody on your friend's bar? Please note, that is "important to them", not "important to you."

DeletedUser

I did search for this topic and found nothing. I would like to be able to send group mail to my friends but I only have the option of sending out to my guild mates or to individual players. What do I need to do?
On PC, the only one button group message option is within a guild with the necessary permissions. As @RazorbackPirate pointed out, the only way to do it is to type their names in individually.

DeletedUser35526

I was planning a group message in order to cull out my friends list of in-actives. I had seen others do this.

DeletedUser

I was planning a group message in order to cull out my friends list of in-actives. I had seen others do this.
I can't speak for everyone, but when I get one of those messages, I automatically unfriend the person who sent it. Use the Event History instead. Here are the steps:
1. Filter it to only show Social Interactions.
2. Aid everyone on that list. Exit Event History.
3. Go to Friends section of social bar at bottom of screen.
4. Anyone still showing as available to aid has not aided you in the last 5+ days. That is the best indicator not only of inactivity, but of not being of any use to you as a friend.

DeletedUser38090

Just because others do this, does not mean it's a good strategy at all.

Sending an impersonal mass message to a bunch of your friends is highly disrespectful because it's annoying spam that nobody wants, and only serves you. I don't want to get a random message notification on my phone about somebody asking if I am active, and I don't want to waste time on something that a player could have easily figured it out himself.

Instead, listen to what Stephen Longshanks says and aid from your events history, and kick out friends who still have an active aid button. Friends that aid you and sit in your tavern often are way more valuable than a player who shows up everyday and could leave your thread.