• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Question about the Iron age PVP tourney

DeletedUser

I hit the iron age pvp tower a couple of days ago and was the 1st there.

My question is ... Is it working as intended that the timer on the tourney didnt start when I reached it?

Since I get points in the bronze tower for capturing sections of the map, shouldn't I be getting points in the Iron age tower for capturing sections... but since I have no competition at the tower yet my progression across the map is in my thinking not rewarding me as it should.

DeletedUser

It starts when you do your first battle with the Iron age units.
So to achieve points in certain PvP tower you need to do battles with units from that age.

DeletedUser

Ok ty for the answer ... So I have to build a soldiers barracks and fight with them or wait and just go for archers in a day or two if I want to start the timer on the tourney?

It is a bummer I missed out on Iron age tower points by capturing iron age lands with bronze age troops tho.

DeletedUser

Well yeah you need to have some units from Iron age,but you don't need to fight with just units from Iron age,you can have 6-7 units from Bronze age and 1 or 2 from Iron age and the points that you get will go to the Iron Age tower.

DeletedUser34

Well yeah you need to have some units from Iron age,but you don't need to fight with just units from Iron age,you can have 6-7 units from Bronze age and 1 or 2 from Iron age and the points that you get will go to the Iron Age tower.

I don't know if this is accurate. I seem to remember a post somewhere that it goes towards proportion. If you have a majority of bronze, some points go to bronze. I am not sure how accurate my memory is, I just remember it in passing. If you go search the other forum, I think it was discussed there in greater detail...or Haekel might know off the top of his head. He is a statistics genius.

DeletedUser26

it is proportional, I have been fighting in iron age all week, but using mostly bronze soldiers therefore my points have been split between both ages.

DeletedUser

Only 1 soldier is enough to participate in the Iron Age tower. You can have 7 spearmen accompany him, doesn't matter. No proportion rule. It's always the highest age unit you use that determines what tower ALL points are credited to.

DeletedUser

What if you have yet to unlock the tower? So say I use a iron age unit but have not unlocked the iron age tower. Do the points go to bronze age or no points are awarded?

DeletedUser

it is proportional, I have been fighting in iron age all week, but using mostly bronze soldiers therefore my points have been split between both ages.

This should not be the case, please have a closer look.
The screenshot below is from killing 2 spearmen with no losses using a mounted archer and 4 archers. No points were credited to the iron age tower, all went to the EMA tower. This is en1 obviously, I'm not that far here yet ;-)
oisqoj.png

DeletedUser

What if you have yet to unlock the tower? So say I use a iron age unit but have not unlocked the iron age tower. Do the points go to bronze age or no points are awarded?

I'm afraid you won't get any points in this case :/

DeletedUser26

I just fought a battle with 4 throwers, 3 slingers (bronze) and 1 soldier (iron) and when the fight completed, it said I was ranked #1.

I then viewed the iron age PVP and I am third. Bronze age PVP and I am first. ...I cant explain it, I am just telling you what i am seeing.

DeletedUser34

that is what I thought. I remember somewhere they changed how the points worked. If I was going over to .en I'd search for the post.

DeletedUser

The current point system has been overhauled. The points now consider more factors then simply resources collected. The new point system will be calculated by adding points from: buildings built, battles, and supplies collected. The existing points you earned will be recalculated with the update, so your rank may change.

New point Calculation:

Supplies + Coins pickup / 300
Battle points / 50
Each building gives building points

Old point calculation:

Supplies + Coins pickup = Points
This whatcha looking for?

DeletedUser26

I just fought a battle with 4 throwers, 3 slingers (bronze) and 1 soldier (iron) and when the fight completed, it said I was ranked #1.

I then viewed the iron age PVP and I am third. Bronze age PVP and I am first. ...I cant explain it, I am just telling you what i am seeing.

Hey, I was wrong. I did some low ranked plundering to test make sure I was correct. when my army was all bronze the points went to bronze age. when I introduced one Iron soldier, my points went to iron. Sorry HH you're correct. I must have kicked off several attacks without any iron armies to be ranked 1st and now 2nd respectively in bronze and iron.

DeletedUser34

that is what I thought. I remember somewhere they changed how the points worked. If I was going over to .en I'd search for the post.

ok, I stand corrected. I just trolled through all the threads, and I don't know why I even doubted Haekel...he is almost never wrong....*sigh*

But there you have it :D

DeletedUser

So just to clarify, if you had 7 bronze age units and 1 iron age, all points count towards the iron age PvP?

DeletedUser

And the units that you are fighting doesn't make any difference?
So if i were to get iron age units i could destroy the local bronze age guys and be top of the iron age PvP in a jiffy? :) Loving this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34

And the units that you are fighting doesn't make any difference?
So if i were to get iron age units i could destroy the local bronze any guys and be top of the iron age PvP in a jiffy? :) Loving this.

that would be correct. If you are fighting with ALL bronze, even against Iron age troops, it goes towards bronze. If however you have 7 bronze and 1 iron, it goes all to Iron.

Last edited by a moderator: