• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question regarding proposals

-Athena-

Who makes the decisions of what topics are off limits or as I call it CENSORED in regards to making proposals around game play? Is it the forum moderators here or the actual employees from InnoGames who work on developing the game?

Emberguard

@athena9 actual employees based on instructions from the devs. It saves time for everyone (yourself included) if you know which ideas won’t go anywhere - either because the devs already know what they want to do with that thing or aren’t ever going to touch that area. There’s no point in covering ground that’s already been covered over and over once the devs know what they’re doing for it

Now there are times you can give feedback on something that’s DNSL - just not through the ideas/proposal section. It’d need to be through a feedback announcement thread when something’s released as at that time they’d want feedback in that direction

-Athena-

Thank you for your answer. I just wonder how much in this forum (even feedback threads) even gets back to the developers. Are they hearing it secondhand? Do they even care enough themselves to check in here and read up? Or at the very least have a decision maker from INNO HQ checking out the forum dedicated to one of their games? I just have heard countless times from people who spend a lot of time posting in this forum and from people in-game that what we say here has zero impact since no one with any decision making power ever reads the forums. (not specifically referring to proposals but feedback in general) **I know some proposals have been passed on and implemented but it has to go through hoops here before it gets even close to Germany)

Algona

Here are some random things INNO has changed after player postings on the forum:

Changes to the 2019 Soccer Cup.
Alternate Quests.
Revision of DC Quests.
Reducing the bad 3 Event Quests (scout, acquire, tech) or giving an alternate Quest.
Sets.
Remodeling mode and improvements.
Hood shuffler.
Special Building deletion confirmation which led to
Great Building deletion confirmation.
FP Bar timer does not reset to one hour when the FP bar goes over 10.
Revised Aid priority list.
The experiment of a different recalc tme and the change back.

That's off the top of my head, there are more. Note well, I'm not saying any of these are due to the players asking for them, just that the players asked for them in the forums before INNO implemented them.

A purely personal observation: Most of the above changes were not submitted Proposals, it's quite rare for a submitted Proposal to be adopted. The majority of the above were postings in official Feedback threads or in random discussion threads.

Last edited:

Emberguard

If it’s in the proper place you can be confident it’ll be passed onto the devs.

Settlements I’d seen requested in various forms every so often through Ideas section and feedback threads well before it became a thing.
It’s entire balancing was overhauled from player feedback​

A beta feature thats currently being tested on beta was heavily requested by players

Optional ads occasionally gets brought up by players as a requested feature. That’s something that was explored but was then scrapped for whatever reason.

Event buildings - the ones requested the most by players are the ones we’ve seen pop back up as Daily Specials

GvG has been requested by players to have fixes - they’ve stated they’re going to release some final tweaks. What those tweaks are we’ll find out when they’re announced but it came from player feedback.

Guild Battlegrounds - likewise that concept came from players requesting either an alternative to GvG or GvG on mobile

There’s a tonne more then that but when players say feedback doesn’t change things there’s a few things to keep in mind

- Look at how many servers there are each with their own player base and forums. It would be impossible to implement every idea or bit of feedback from every player. It has to be prioritised as to how much can be done at any given point in time once it’s decided which ones are worth having.

- Often the players that say things don’t change from proposals (especially in regards to their own ideas) haven’t given it time to change. Some players jump up and down in impatience anytime after 5 mins of submitting and say the system doesn’t listen to them because it hasn’t been implemented that week or didn’t jump the queue of every idea that came before it

- Just because something wasn’t implemented in a specific way doesn’t mean that idea or feedback wasn’t taken on board and implemented in a different way.
- Often when we say something we’re not saying the reason behind the problem but rather what we think is the best solution. So if you can get to the bottom of what the problem is there may be an even better solution then what’s being suggested.​

- what may seem like an amazing idea on the surface may create a dozen more problems that’d prevent it from being viable

DeletedUser33179

I get the impression that Inno created specific feedback threads do get seen by someone at Inno, but never anything from in the rest of forum. Also, a hood smount of beta forums stuff gets looked at regularly, but that's the whole point of Betas.

DeletedUser26829

I can't work out how to make a proposal. Where exactly should a non-techie forum member start with a suggestion?

Super Catanian

I can't work out how to make a proposal. Where exactly should a non-techie forum member start with a suggestion?
In the Forge Hall. Try making your proposal there. If it gets enough support from players (which is unlikely, but possible, since you'll often be tweaking the proposal multiple times to balance it), you could ask a moderator to move it to the Proposals, where it will follow the traditional process.

DeletedUser29623

I have been on enough gaming forums to know that devs rarely or never post there themselves or otherwise indicate their presence because they will be swamped. Non-casual games often inspire super strong feelings about how the game needs or ought to be changed. Players get obsessive about this stuff, but often their idea is either shortsighted or half-baked. Of course, the people who come up with these ideas always think that they are so brilliant and true that it should be obvious to anyone how right they are. If the devs see their idea, OF COURSE they will immediately implement it—how could they not? So when their half-baked idea isn’t implemented, the only possible reason must be that the devs didn’t see it because some eeevil “gatekeeper” has prevented the truth from getting out. I wouldn’t be surprised if devs occasionally look at these threads when it applies to a particular part of the game they’ve worked on, but they are never going to let us know that.

DeletedUser40879

Who makes the decisions of what topics are off limits or as I call it CENSORED in regards to making proposals around game play? Is it the forum moderators here or the actual employees from InnoGames who work on developing the game?

Censored is pretty close I would think. I have had an ongoing issue with the employees of the game mainly the person in complete and utter control of the American Server. I have been severely discriminated against and have gotten no where. I feel your pain....

DeletedUser40879

I have been on enough gaming forums to know that devs rarely or never post there themselves or otherwise indicate their presence because they will be swamped. Non-casual games often inspire super strong feelings about how the game needs or ought to be changed. Players get obsessive about this stuff, but often their idea is either shortsighted or half-baked. Of course, the people who come up with these ideas always think that they are so brilliant and true that it should be obvious to anyone how right they are. If the devs see their idea, OF COURSE they will immediately implement it—how could they not? So when their half-baked idea isn’t implemented, the only possible reason must be that the devs didn’t see it because some eeevil “gatekeeper” has prevented the truth from getting out. I wouldn’t be surprised if devs occasionally look at these threads when it applies to a particular part of the game they’ve worked on, but they are never going to let us know that.
Indeed.

Lancer

Thank you for your answer. I just wonder how much in this forum (even feedback threads) even gets back to the developers. Are they hearing it secondhand? Do they even care enough themselves to check in here and read up? Or at the very least have a decision maker from INNO HQ checking out the forum dedicated to one of their games? I just have heard countless times from people who spend a lot of time posting in this forum and from people in-game that what we say here has zero impact since no one with any decision making power ever reads the forums. (not specifically referring to proposals but feedback in general) **I know some proposals have been passed on and implemented but it has to go through hoops here before it gets even close to Germany)

All relevant information usually gets seen by us moderators first. Then, we would share this information with either our CCM, (if they haven't already seen it), or with the inno staff that we do have communication with via outside chat rooms and such. We can even direct them to a specific thread if it's something that we would like them to read themselves. Like @Emberguard mentioned above, the various feedback threads are the ones that they will occasionally visit the forum to view without any suggestion to do so.

Alvis64

I have a proposal but I'm told I don't have permissions to post it as a thread. What do I need to do to get permission? Or am I possibly not trying to post in the right place?? Thanks.