• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questionable Resources...

Lord Sigmar

I fairly recently progressed into the Space Age Mars era. The first instance I came across a necessity for "Mars Ore" I simply satisfied the requirement by using diamonds. I thought that exploring more of the continent map would provide more insight into how to acquire said resource; I was wrong. Now, I can already see an instance for another requirement at the same amount as the first and one more for an increased amount! I am no closer to knowing how to acquire this elusive ore than I was upon the first request for the stuff.
Can someone please explain how "Mars Ore" is acquired and/or manufactured
?

xivarmy

On the mars map you find ore nodes. Those nodes can be scouted using credits which are farmed in your colony (build a bunch of houses in the colony). When the scout comes back you can either fight or negotiate to receive an amount of mars ore.

Later ore nodes on the map give higher values (for longer scout times).

jsc29

Just to clarify the above: You can only get Mars ore on the campaign map. Some of the sectors on the campaign have "Mars ore nodes". If you conquer the sector, you get access to the node. These nodes are renewable. So, you can mine the node, then a day later or whatever, you can mine it again and get more ore from the same sector. Things to note:

* You must conquer the compaign map region to access to the node
* Before you can mine the node, you have to "scout" the region to find the ore, this takes time (or diamonds) ranging from 4 hours to 24 hours
* Once you have found the ore, you either have to fight or negotiate to actually receive the ore, then you can start scouting again
* Different regions have different sized ore nodes, small, medium and large
* The size of the node determines the time to scout, the cost of negotiating for the node, and the amount of the ore the node contains