• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questions About New Rules

DeletedUser4648

REPOST - I dont see any rule preventing players from accepting donations for attacking guilds in GvG. I was told that I couldnt under the old rules. Is this legal now?

Thanks,
BP

DeletedUser4648

I WOULD ASSUME SO

Im not seeking your assumption. If you have no real help and no real information, kindly shut up and stop clogging the thread.

"Should you have any questions please leave them Here and we'll try to answer as soon as possible." Signed Forge of Empires Team

REPOST - I dont see any rule preventing players from accepting donations for attacking guilds in GvG. I was told that I couldnt under the old rules. Is this legal now?

Thanks,
BP

DeletedUser23144

Im not seeking your assumption. If you have no real help and no real information, kindly shut up and stop clogging the thread.

"Should you have any questions please leave them Here and we'll try to answer as soon as possible." Signed Forge of Empires Team

Thanks,
BP

NO I WON'T KINDLY SHUT UP:mad: IF U DON'T LIKE MY OPIONION THEN DONT READ IT... SO ILL SAY IT AGAIN I WOULD ASSUME SO THERE:devil:

DeletedUser18976

- Threats are only allowed when they relate to the game and not real life. For example, saying that you will attack someone with your units if he does not give you Forge Points is allowed. However, it is not allowed to say that you will find someone and beat him up if he does not give you Forge Points.

Technically, since extortion is defined as merely the threat to do something, and people can use real money to purchase diamonds and furthermore to purchase forge points, there is a grey area where threats on your city for FP's could be considered extortion of your real money. At the very least it is considered bad form. Plunder, steal, battle, etc all you want, but threatening players that you will do X or Y if they do not give you something where you may very well "pay to play" seems like an issue you've chosen to explicitly allow to continue.

Considering all threats which may include extortion, whether in game or real, as unfair play seems like the easiest solution. You may make the decision in your own head that will stop plundering someone once they donate FP's to your GB, but once the threat is made out loud it becomes a form of misconduct. In other words, all threats that relate to in game items that could be bought with real money should be considered extortion and those players should be reported. Any threats that come from a guild rivalry/GvG etc that do not contain hateful and malicious language and do not extort the player for something would still be allowed as part of the game (i.e. "give us that sector back or we will plunder your members" - Threat = OK, "give me FP's or else every one of my guild mates will plunder you daily" - Extortion = Not OK).

- - - Updated - - -

I contacted support regarding accounts being blocked from contributing FPs to each others GBs when using the same Internet Provider and was told there is nothing that can be done to prevent that from happening. Specifically, my son-in-law connects through his phone via my router when he is visiting and that prevents him from contributing to my GBs. The accounts are blocked even when he returns home and uses his computer or phone through his own Internet Provider. Therefore he can not get BPs from me to construct his own GBs.

I quoted the rule and asked that the issue be elevated to developers for resolution and was again told nothing could be done to make a suggestion on the forum. My ticket_id=9756200. What needs to be done to keep the accounts from being blocked?

Thanks

Its a simple case that you could simply create 10 accounts on the same world and donate to your GB's all day long if you could share a connection. They don't care if everyone sharing a connection has an account, they only prevent you from donating to each other's GB's. Anything else is allowed. Find a guild member or friend not on the same connection, donate to his/her GB, and have them donate the same amount to your son/brother/sister/whomever for you and vice versa. Same result, plus the middle man gets some FP's, and you don't break any rules or have to worry about the shared connection issue.

DeletedUser

Well - - as there is no such word as "discrimantion" in the English language (nor, technically are there such words as "ur" and "u"), I am left go try and guess what you're shouting about. If I were to "discrimate" (I guess that would be the word), it would be against people unwilling to show respect to the language.

DeletedUser10415

Technically, since extortion is defined as merely the threat to do something, and people can use real money to purchase diamonds and furthermore to purchase forge points, there is a grey area where threats on your city for FP's could be considered extortion of your real money.

No. Technically FP are free, in that you can get up to 24 of them every day for free, and you can get more of them by spending in-game coins (which are also free) or diamonds (which are also free, although you can buy more of them if you want). Nice try, but no sale.

Edit:
Attacking other players' cities and plundering them is allowed in this game - even encouraged. Even without the attacker giving their target a way out of being attacked. So just count your blessings there are such considerate raiders. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

*Arturis*

The new rules is fine. I have no problem with it. Enforce it will be a different story for someone just uses the dynamic IP or creates an alternated account/accounts from a different location/locations and smart enough not to make it obvious that he/she is feeding his/her main account's GB.

DeletedUser18976

No. Technically FP are free, in that you can get up to 24 of them every day for free, and you can get more of them by spending in-game coins (which are also free) or diamonds (which are also free, although you can buy more of them if you want). Nice try, but no sale.

I'm not saying that FP's have to be bought w real money. I'm saying that if they were, and someone extorted them from you, that is very different than simply saying "I don't like you, therefore I will plunder you". What if a player threatened you with, "Unless you give me 20 FP's by midnight, I will attack your city and plunder you every day for a year." It's 8 PM, you have no coins or diamonds, and there's no way you can possibly get that many FP's without using real money to buy diamonds...what then??? It's a slippery slope in any game where you could potentially use real money to purchase an in-game item, and then you explicitly ALLOW extortion to occur for said item.

DeletedUser10415

They can attack and plunder your city every day for a year regardless. Advance your city, keep a defense, collect on time, and no harm can come to you. Anyone who gives up FP to avoid being plundered is a fool IMO.

DeletedUser18976

True, but you don't have to threaten people to do so. The threat is what makes it "extortion" whether it's for real money or not.

No one who threatens me or my guildmates with extortion will ever get any help from me.

DeletedUser10415

True, but you don't have to threaten people to do so. The threat is what makes it "extortion" whether it's for real money or not.

No one who threatens me or my guildmates with extortion will ever get any help from me.

People are not being threatened in this situation - Their cities are. Their cities in a F2P browser game. Give it up. :p

DeletedUser18976

It was more a topic for discussion to see how people felt and hear why the rule was changed. I personally have not been affected by it, even though other players have made that threat to me. I would never give FP's away if threatened to save some small pittance of coins or supplies. Just saying it seems like the game makers now actually ENDORSE extorting FP's from players for protection against player attacks. The old rules specifically said that giving rewards FOR attacking other players was forbidden, they did not say that payments for protection were not allowed. It seems that threats for FP's would be along the same lines, but I guess that's why they removed and/or changed the rules because they didn't want to have to deal with reports of every single person who was threatened by someone else for FP's.

But to your point, how is a player in the Bronze Age supposed to defend against attacks from someone in the Modern Era for example? They can't. Experienced players will prey on the newer inexperienced players and try to extort FP's from them. Is it allowed? Yes, according to the new rules. Is there any recourse for an inexperienced player in this situation? Apparently not. Is this ethical or fair? That's the real question for the FoE team to answer.

To put it simply: Attacking and plundering is part of the game. Threats...OK, but within reason. Allowing stonger players to extort weaker players for FP's so that the strongest get even stronger at their expense because they have no recourse and feel trapped if they don't comply...that doesn't seem like a rule that makes the game more fair or fun for those weaker players.

And before you comment that I must be one of those weak players, I'm a top 400 player in my world and I'm only trying to look out for the little guys in my guild, just like you should want to look after yours.

DeletedUser10415

I look out for the little guys in my guilds by advising them to set productions for when they can collect, and then collect them on time. Ultimately, this is the only defense that works.

Also, I might add that your 'threatening' to withhold help from anyone who would 'threaten' you or your guildmates could, according to your interpretation, be considered extortion. If you withhold aid from them for example, either polishing or motivating, they might not get enough coin from their housing to buy the FPs they need to score a blueprint from a GB they're contributing to that is near to leveling that they've already spent diamonds on forge points for, thus 'forcing' them to buy the FPs with even more diamonds.

Shame on you. :blink:

DeletedUser18976

Also, I might add that your 'threatening' to withhold help from anyone who would 'threaten' you or your guildmates could, according to your interpretation, be considered extortion.

Not at all, but in your bizarro world it must be the same thing. And like the rules say, threatening players is apparently allowed, so it works both ways. I'll refrain from making any more comments on this matter and simply leave it up for the FoE team to read. Plundering and taking is not the issue. Extorting other players for their FP's who have no way to defend themselves is. Rules that not only allow such extortion but actually ENCOURAGE such actions make the game unfair and not fun for those weaker players.

DeletedUser1084

My question concerns deleting old accts of players no longer participating in the game.... I have several players who left the game and have not returned... but I have some GP in some of their GB's and no way will they ever be used.. Is it reasonable to ask that any acct that gets deleted will have FP returned to the contributors before the acct is deleted...

This thread is for questions about the new rules. Your question would be better suited as a proposal to add to the game.

~DA

DeletedUser1084

I contacted support regarding accounts being blocked from contributing FPs to each others GBs when using the same Internet Provider and was told there is nothing that can be done to prevent that from happening. Specifically, my son-in-law connects through his phone via my router when he is visiting and that prevents him from contributing to my GBs. The accounts are blocked even when he returns home and uses his computer or phone through his own Internet Provider. Therefore he can not get BPs from me to construct his own GBs.

I quoted the rule and asked that the issue be elevated to developers for resolution and was again told nothing could be done to make a suggestion on the forum. My ticket_id=9756200. What needs to be done to keep the accounts from being blocked?

Thanks

This thread is for questions about the new rules. Your question can only be answered in support. The block is automated and can not be changed but does go away after a reasonable period of time. That time frame changed depending on iterations.

~DA

DeletedUser1084

I HAVE TO AGREE IF U HAVE MORE THEN ONE COMPUTER AND USING THE SAME INTERNET CONNECTION U SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY FOE ON SAME CONNECTION ON DIFFERENT COMPUTER...THAT GARBAGE I AGREE WITH ALWH46 SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THAT

You are able to play the game on the same internet connection or even the same computer. Though so aspects of the game are automatically blocked to prevent rule breaches. It is unfortunate that many have breached the rules in this way that an automatic block had to be added to those on the same connections. As I have said though, if you stop playing on the same connection for a reasonable amount of time that aspect of the game will return.

~DA

DeletedUser1084

Do I have this right, the new rules states that " It is allowed to use the same account to play on multiple worlds". So if I have an account on C world, I can start a duplicate account on B world without having to start at the beginning?

If you have an account on C you can use the same account to play on all worlds. You do not need to create a new account to play a different world. Each world you start will start at the beginning of the game.

~DA