• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questions About New Rules

DeletedUser1084

I am reading the new Games Rules on the forum and I would just like some clarification on one of the rules. I know we are allowed to use the same account to play on multiple worlds but your new rule states: “It is allowed to use multiple accounts to play Forge of Empires but never on the same world.” So does this rule mean we can set up another account (using a different user name) but can only play on another world with this new account?

If that is so, please implement this rule in Elvenar. I have many friends who love the descriptions I create for the fellowships. I started out on the Beta server but will soon give that fellowship over to the Ambassador to run. The U.S. server I prefer (it’s less buggy than the Beta one). I enjoy this game so much that I have created a fellowship in the two different worlds– Arendyll and Winyandor. My friends would like me to create an entirely new fellowship (can't give the name for others might use it).

Please let me know if I correctly understand this new game rule that it is permitted to set up another account but on a different world. In Forge of Empires, I am having too much fun in the guild I am currently in so I am in this world of Jaimes for the long haul but in Elvenar, I would like to create another account in a different world. Thank you for taking the time to read my message. Any advice you can give me is most appreciated.

Regards,
AyeMatey

Yes you can have more than one account as long and no account players on the same world. You can have an account that players only on A, C, E and have an account that only players on B, E, F.. .ect. As for Elvenar, you will need to contact them about the rules and maybe propose a change on their forum.

~DA

DeletedUser1084

I'M NOT SEEING ANY PROBLEMS BUT FOR HIS SON NOT TO DONATE TO HIS DAD GBS???? SORRY JAELIS BUT I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE WHO DOING EXACTLY THAT. SO THERE ANOTHER REASON FOR HIS BEING BLOCKED... MAYBE A BANNED OR SOMETHING....AS FOR PLAYING ON THE SAME ROUTER PPPPPLLLUUUUZZZZZ THAT IS REALLY A STUPID IDEA.. SO A BROTHER WHO PLAYS F.O.E. HIS FAMILY CANNOT PLAY ON THAT SAME ROUTER?? PPPLLLUUUUZZZZ GARBAGE AND WRONG. THAT WOULD BE SAYING LIKE YOUR BROTHER WORKS HERE SO I CAN'T HIRE U CUZ OF SAME LAST NAME??? WWWWRRRROOOONNNNNGGGGG!IN AMERICA WE CALL THAT DISCRIMANTION

As the rules state, you can play on the same internet connection or even the same computer. Though this may bring an automatic block only to donating to Great Buildings. There are so many players in the game that this should not have ill affects on your Great Buildings in any way.

~DA

DeletedUser1084

I dont see any rule preventing players from accepting donations for attacking guilds in GvG. I was told that I couldnt under the old rules. Is this legal now?

Thanks,
BP

There is nothing is the new rules, right now, that state that is it against the rules to do this.

~DA

DeletedUser1084

The new rules is fine. I have no problem with it. Enforce it will be a different story for someone just uses the dynamic IP or creates an alternated account/accounts from a different location/locations and smart enough not to make it obvious that he/she is feeding his/her main account's GB.

The rules do not state anything about IP address at all. They do however talk about internet connections. You are allowed to play on the same connection or even computer as another person. You are not allowed to login to or play another persons account for any reason.

~DA

DeletedUser1084

True, but you don't have to threaten people to do so. The threat is what makes it "extortion" whether it's for real money or not.

No one who threatens me or my guildmates with extortion will ever get any help from me.

They may not get help from you or your guild mates but it is not against the rules unless they are directly mentioning real life items or events.

If a situation happens upon you and you are unsure, please contact support and we will be more than happy to assist you.

~DA

DeletedUser11220

HEY, why isn't DarkArtist taking part in the actual conversation of the day all over the Foe Worlds why are you leaving your flacks to get slaughtered by the insane lack of game knowledge they display..its time for you to jump into the works of GVG calc and start time! not to ban people in order to show your muscle but to show what Inno's got! once the new mail system goes into effect people are gonna loose their minds and then you will be back peddling till you fall over!

DeletedUser8428

Gee, can you say "Thanks for clarifying the announcement about the rules, DA"? Sheesh.

DeletedUser23144

You are able to play the game on the same internet connection or even the same computer. Though so aspects of the game are automatically blocked to prevent rule breaches. It is unfortunate that many have breached the rules in this way that an automatic block had to be added to those on the same connections. As I have said though, if you stop playing on the same connection for a reasonable amount of time that aspect of the game will return.

~DA

DEFINE REASONABLE TIME.... 1HR 2 HR 1 DAY?

DeletedUser18976

Pretty sure it's on the scale of days or even a week or more. Buddy of mine was over and playing on his phone on our wifi for a weekend and we found that we couldn't help each other's GB's for about a week afterwards.

DeletedUser1084

DEFINE REASONABLE TIME.... 1HR 2 HR 1 DAY?

The time frame changes depending on your interactions. Once you stop playing on someone elses connection the block may be removed, automatically, after a possible 3 to 7 days. As it is, utilizing other players that you do not share a connections with will be more beneficial to you in the long run.

~DA

DeletedUser23144

K INTERESTING, WHAT ABOUT PUBLIC PLACES I.E. LIBRARY, FAST FOOD PLACES,ETC.. SOME PEOPLE USES THOSE AS HOT-SPOTS FOR WIFI CONNECTIONS R U TELLING ME THOSE CAN BE BLOC TOO EVEN IF THAT HOT SPOT IS IN DIFFERENT STATE FROM (WHICH IRONICALLY I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT ONE HOT SPOT IS BURGER KING AND IN THIS CITY THE WIFI WAS UNBELIEVABLY IN 12 STATES OVER). SO THOSE CONNECTIONS CAN BE BLOCKED BY THOSE?

DeletedUser7289

Feedback: I'd like to have a "humanitarian exemption" to the rule about someone else logging in to a players account. I can give some examples of where this would apply:
1) a member of a guild I'm in was in a major car accident, and his sister alerted the guild to his situation. He was able to return after about a month, but we might have dropped him from the guild had we not known.
2) in another guild, a member had major surgery for a brain tumor. Her daughter logged in to tell us and ask for our prayers. Since she was a vital part of our guild community, we (of course) were very happy when she returned after spending 3 weeks in a coma.
3) The worst case was a guild member passing away. His wife informed us, and we do miss him.
I do think about this personally, as I'm a guild leader and have had some major medical issues over the past year. I have informed my sister (who has legal power of attorney over my estate in the event of my demise) that should something major occur I wish her to inform my guild.
The sense of community is a very big part of the game for some of us. As long as the person doing the 'informing' isn't actually playing for the other person, it shouldn't be considered a 'violation' in an emergency.

DeletedUser23144

Feedback: I'd like to have a "humanitarian exemption" to the rule about someone else logging in to a players account. I can give some examples of where this would apply:
1) a member of a guild I'm in was in a major car accident, and his sister alerted the guild to his situation. He was able to return after about a month, but we might have dropped him from the guild had we not known.
2) in another guild, a member had major surgery for a brain tumor. Her daughter logged in to tell us and ask for our prayers. Since she was a vital part of our guild community, we (of course) were very happy when she returned after spending 3 weeks in a coma.
3) The worst case was a guild member passing away. His wife informed us, and we do miss him.
I do think about this personally, as I'm a guild leader and have had some major medical issues over the past year. I have informed my sister (who has legal power of attorney over my estate in the event of my demise) that should something major occur I wish her to inform my guild.
The sense of community is a very big part of the game for some of us. As long as the person doing the 'informing' isn't actually playing for the other person, it shouldn't be considered a 'violation' in an emergency.

ON THAT I CAN AGREE WITH THAT

DeletedUser11609

The time frame changes depending on your interactions. Once you stop playing on someone elses connection the block may be removed, automatically, after a possible 3 to 7 days. As it is, utilizing other players that you do not share a connections with will be more beneficial to you in the long run.

~DA

Where exactly is this time frame documented in the rules?

DeletedUser8383

Are the punishments for breaking these new rules all the same? What are the punishments?

DeletedUser1084

Are the punishments for breaking these new rules all the same? What are the punishments?

The punishments vary depending on the situation. It is best not to worry about what the punishment might be and just not breach the rules.

Where exactly is this time frame documented in the rules?

The time frame for the automatic block is not document for your to see. As I have said it varies. Just know that if you share a connection you both may be blocked from being able to donate.

Unfortunately, logging into anyone elses account for any reason is against the rules. Though there is nothing stopping a family member of someone who may be ill, or otherwise, from creating an account and notify any player about the issue. You could propose, in the proposal section, a way to notify guilds of such events, that does not breach the current rules.

K INTERESTING, WHAT ABOUT PUBLIC PLACES I.E. LIBRARY, FAST FOOD PLACES,ETC.. SOME PEOPLE USES THOSE AS HOT-SPOTS FOR WIFI CONNECTIONS R U TELLING ME THOSE CAN BE BLOC TOO EVEN IF THAT HOT SPOT IS IN DIFFERENT STATE FROM (WHICH IRONICALLY I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT ONE HOT SPOT IS BURGER KING AND IN THIS CITY THE WIFI WAS UNBELIEVABLY IN 12 STATES OVER). SO THOSE CONNECTIONS CAN BE BLOCKED BY THOSE?

Yes they can be blocked, as they would be sharing and internet connection.

DeletedUser6172

Unfortunately, logging into anyone elses account for any reason is against the rules. Though there is nothing stopping a family member of someone who may be ill, or otherwise, from creating an account and notify any player about the issue.

The Game Rules DO allow a bit of wiggle room, in that you can transfer an account for free, but it's a judgement call regarding the nature and the anticipated length of the illness. From my experience being able to play on-line, during your convalescence, is a god send. You'd go boring bonkers otherwise.

DeletedUser1084

The Game Rules DO allow a bit of wiggle room, in that you can transfer an account for free, but it's a judgement call regarding the nature and the anticipated length of the illness. From my experience being able to play on-line, during your convalescence, is a god send. You'd go boring bonkers otherwise.

To be clear transferring an account is generally only allowed to someone who does not play the game previously.

~DA

DeletedUser13135

Please do NOT delete account after 30 inactive days!!

I feel it is highly unfair to delete an account after 30 days of inactivity. A player might have spent more than a year playing and would have leveled up significantly. It is possible that the player decides to take a break for a long duration (many months) for various reasons and intends to return once he/she is back from the break/vacation. If the account is deleted by then, it is unlikely that he/she would want to start all over again from scratch, if he/she had already leveled up many ages in the game previously. This would function as a major barrier to returning to the game, which means the ardent player would never play FoE again in his/her lifetime nor would he/she recommend this game to others. That would mean losing more players in the long run and preventing new players from joining in (although in the short term, it might appear as though it is beneficial with the premise that players would stick on forever without taking a break of more than a month!!!).

In my opinion, it would be reasonable to deactivate an account (with all the progress made still in place) instead of deleting it. That way, players will be free to play this game anytime they want and should they take a long break, they can still happily return. The game also won't be overburdened with inactive players, and the team also won't have to worry about losing players (especially the ones who spent real money buying diamonds). That way, everybody is happy. Please do consider this request.

DeletedUser13135

Highly disappointed with the 30-day-inactive-account-delete rule.

I used to religiously play FoE on a daily basis and had made significant progress with great buildings, levels and points. This game was real fun until I saw the update of game rules, which stated that an account would be deleted after 30 days of inactivity. That was a major disappointment. I immediately lost all interest in the game as this would mean that all the efforts I made in the last couple of years playing this game would be flushed down the drain should I be unable to log in for 30 days. That's a killer. I'd be travelling towards the end of the year and won't be able to play for 2-3 months. But now with the new rule, I can't even hope of returning to the game after my vacation as I'd have to start all over from scratch. Unless this ill-advised rule is removed or modified, I doubt if I will ever get the same interest and enthusiasm for playing this game as before. :(