• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questions and non feedback comments about the Winter Event

Agent327

This is for questions and whatever else you have to see about the Winter Event, that isn't feedback.

Ask your questions, talk about your progress or bad luck in this thread.

Rhyyss

Can you only find one key per day? If that's the case, it seems to make sense to hold off spending stars to open presents.

Or - if you find more than one key per day can you save those keys to open future days in the calendar?

Plunder Queen

Does 400 diamonds buy you a lock key or a lock pick? If it’s lock pick, you would have to pay 400 x 10 for just ONE lock key. That’s the biggest rip off ever. I don’t mind paying 400 for a key if I miss a couple calendar days but I’m in no way paying 400 for ONE lock pick and then hoping I can find nine more picks for a key.

Agent327

Can you only find one key per day? If that's the case, it seems to make sense to hold off spending stars to open presents.

Or - if you find more than one key per day can you save those keys to open future days in the calendar?

You can only find one key a day. After that if you refresh you will no longer find the key, but lockpicks. Basically it means you need to turn presents every day to find the key. With 10 lockpicks to be replaced by 1 key, holding off is a strategy that will not get you enough keys to open all.

You can also earn two keys via the Daily Challenge

You earn 2 lockpicks. It takes 10 lockpicks to replace 1 key.

Does 400 diamonds buy you a lock key or a lock pick? If it’s lock pick, you would have to pay 400 x 10 for just ONE lock key. That’s the biggest rip off ever. I don’t mind paying 400 for a key if I miss a couple calendar days but I’m in no way paying 400 for ONE lock pick and then hoping I can find nine more picks for a key.

I do not see 400 anywhere. I do see 350 and I have 3 lockpicks, so I think the price of a key is 500 diamonds.

Plunder Queen

You can only find one key a day. After that if you refresh you will no longer find the key, but lockpicks. Basically it means you need to turn presents every day to find the key. With 10 lockpicks to be replaced by 1 key, holding off is a strategy that will not get you enough keys to open all.

You earn 2 lockpicks. It takes 10 lockpicks to replace 1 key.

I do not see 400 anywhere. I do see 350 and I have 3 lockpicks, so I think the price of a key is 500 diamonds.
I have two picks so it comes up with 400 diamonds. I was just wondering if the 400 was one lock pick or was the 400 to fill up the picks that was missing to get a key. Sorry if that’s confusing.

Agent327

I have two picks so it comes up with 400 diamonds. I was just wondering if the 400 was one lock pick or was the 400 to fill up the picks that was missing to get a key. Sorry if that’s confusing.

Since it is 350 for me, it is to fill up the lock picks, to 10, so you will have 1 key. Find more lockpicks and it will become less diamonds to pay.

Rhyyss

400 diamonds is the cost to finish the collection of lockpicks and gain one key. This cost goes down if you already have more picks in the set.

Rhyyss

Since it is 350 for me, it is to fill up the lock picks, to 10, so you will have 1 key. Find more lockpicks and it will become less diamonds to pay.
This is slightly incorrect. 10 lockpicks gives the ability to open a past door, but it does not, technically, give you a key.

Agent327

400 diamonds is the cost to finish the collection of lockpicks and gain one key. This cost goes down if you already have more picks in the set.

This is slightly incorrect. 10 lockpicks gives the ability to open a past door, but it does not, technically, give you a key. :p

It does not really matter how we call it, as long as others undferstand how it works.

Rhyyss

It does not really matter how we call it, as long as others undferstand how it works.

I agree... and there are a lot of moving parts in this event - stars, matches, candles, reindeer, keys, doors, lockpicks, gifts. So I think it is helpful to be specific.

EyeScream

Hello there,

Just curious if this is the norm. I use a PC to play the game. When I log in some times it starts snowing other times it take a few minutes. Then when I click on the screen usually bottom right corner area the snow all melts away and stops snowing again, never to return until maybe I log off and back on again. Also, I have not seen any reindeers at all. Is this just a random drop? What do they look like? How large are they, will I notice them easily? Any information is appreciated..

Merry Christmas,
EyeScream

Vonderbach

Snow only activates when you are working with Winter Event items. And it only lasts for a while by design.

Reindeer are random drops from the Winter Event presents.

DeletedUser

One key per day that you find in the presents , 2 lock picks per day in the daily challenge that can also be found in the presents after the key is found. One door is available to be opened per day . One available door will be added each day that you don't open one. 50 diamonds for a lock pick , 10 lock picks to open one door. If you are going after the final reward then get as many keys as possible to minimize the lock picks needed at the end (save the lock picks until you are missing a key of course.

DeletedUser

Once you find what you are looking for can you shuffle the presents or are they automatically reshuffled the next day. My question is specifically when you find the key. The key will have to be auto generated the next day to keep the one key per day promise but what happens when you find the key and then just leave it for the next day ?