• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questions and non feedback comments about the Winter Event

Just An Observer

Seriously?!? Please tell me you didn't think they were some new kind of medals. And I'm not being combative, I'm being condescending.

When a term is undefined in the FoE wiki, then who can tell what that term means For Sure?

You might know the saying that when you assume you make an a-word out of "u" and "me". If not, then you missed out on that principle. When it comes to FoE, I have learned to NEVER assume anything when it comes to terms and statements. I asked a question and ran into a gaggle of not so good answers. Since FoE used a term, then failed to define it, why not ask those who did the so-called official wiki to actually make it complete? Never use a term to the players without a full definition please!

Beorn Bear

When a term is undefined in the FoE wiki, then who can tell what that term means For Sure?

You might know the saying that when you assume you make an a-word out of "u" and "me". If not, then you missed out on that principle. When it comes to FoE, I have learned to NEVER assume anything when it comes to terms and statements. I asked a question and ran into a gaggle of not so good answers. Since FoE used a term, then failed to define it, why not ask those who did the so-called official wiki to actually make it complete? Never use a term to the players without a full definition please!
Come on, you need Inno to define "gigantic" for you? The first time a quest said you had to defeat a "large" army, did that confuse you, too? This is one of the most ridiculous complaints I have ever heard.

Vger

I just use a search engine when I want to find out something like that. Sure, the results are not usually from an 'official' INNO source and not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. But I've found them to be accurate enough. I'm playing a game, not running a nuclear power plant.

It really isn't that hard. One search engine even puts the answer right on the results page:
1607463108239.png

Vonderbach

I'm truly disappointed in this event. You guys SHOULD NEVER have put the shuffle in with the presents. You should've done what was done in the Summer Event with the ship's wheel. I waste stars looking for it when I got what a want & and I waste stars when I hit when I'm looking for what I want. I firmly believe you guys did this so we have to buy Diamonds. Totally let down.

Am I imagining things or does the shuffle not consume stars? I could have sworn I hit the shuffle reward without depleting stars. I'll have to watch carefully next time unless anyone else can confirm that I'm nuts...

Vger

Am I imagining things or does the shuffle not consume stars? I could have sworn I hit the shuffle reward without depleting stars. I'll have to watch carefully next time unless anyone else can confirm that I'm nuts...
From the Wiki:

Winter icon shuffle.png

Shuffle
Shuffle will of course shuffle the board for you, and it will also give you 10 Stars. When combined with "Double Payout", the stars are doubled, but the tiles are only shuffled once.

Vonderbach

So I have an interesting problem. I've depleted almost every resource in this event and now I'm faced with "Solve this Moderate Negotiation" or "Solve 5 encounters in GE" I'm out of diamonds and materials are depleted. My only choice is to either fight my way through 5 encounters or trade for materials and hope I can get lucky with a 3 turn solve. I'm two steps away from the final encounter of the first level of GE, so I have a serious challenge at encounter 2 which will likely decimate my pathetic army. At this point I'm thinking this event step is going to take a couple days....

I would love some input as to how best to approach this if anyone has any advice.

Thanks

Beorn Bear

So I have an interesting problem. I've depleted almost every resource in this event and now I'm faced with "Solve this Moderate Negotiation" or "Solve 5 encounters in GE" I'm out of diamonds and materials are depleted. My only choice is to either fight my way through 5 encounters or trade for materials and hope I can get lucky with a 3 turn solve. I'm two steps away from the final encounter of the first level of GE, so I have a serious challenge at encounter 2 which will likely decimate my pathetic army. At this point I'm thinking this event step is going to take a couple days....

I would love some input as to how best to approach this if anyone has any advice.

Thanks
The best advice you'll get based on so little information is to prepare better for the next event. It is almost impossible to play catch up mid-event if your city isn't developed well ahead of time. I don't know what age you're in or how long you've been playing, but getting caught short on goods and/or being unprepared militarily this early in an event is indicative of a city development shortcoming.

Just An Observer

My objectives for this event were limited ones. Instead of getting one or two Rogue Hideouts, I scored 4 and still have plenty more Stars to get the 4 Rogue's Den shrinking kits when they come up. As a last resort, the Reindeer have a shrinking kit in it too.

Add in a bunch of stuff to sell to the AD plus the FP's, coins and supplies to see that for not paying any Diamonds, I am doing fine. To me the Bakeries are not what I want in my city unlike Governor's Villas and Abandoned Asylums so no need to buy in.

Agent327

Thanks

Best advice given in this situation is to fight manually if you need to fight. At least it willll give you a chance.

Other option is to buy the goods with fp's.

Savvy187

I think you may have misunderstood what he was saying. You select 5 presents for 50 stars without hitting the DS, then on the 6th present, you hit the shuffle and have to restart with a full board without having gotten a daily special. Maybe you hit the daily special with your first pick, and then spend all your stars on the junk that is left trying to find the shuffle so you can have another attempt at a daily special. The events seem to be trying to figure out how to extract more money from players while offering less and less in return.

Vonderbach

I think you may have misunderstood what he was saying. You select 5 presents for 50 stars without hitting the DS, then on the 6th present, you hit the shuffle and have to restart with a full board without having gotten a daily special. Maybe you hit the daily special with your first pick, and then spend all your stars on the junk that is left trying to find the shuffle so you can have another attempt at a daily special. The events seem to be trying to figure out how to extract more money from players while offering less and less in return.

If that's the case, then I did misunderstand.