• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questions and non feedback comments about the Winter Event

Vonderbach

Best advice given in this situation is to fight manually if you need to fight. At least it willll give you a chance.

Other option is to buy the goods with fp's.

Thank you, I managed to get lucky with negotiation but I have the same quest on my 2nd world, so I'm going to try and fight it out.

If you use 10 lockpicks to make a "key" does it allow you to open any unopened door, or does it open the next unopened door? In my case I have only opened the first two doors, I'm wondering if I use my lockpicks will it automatically open door 3, or can I choose any "missed" door. If I can choose, I can stock up my picks and use 'sources' to determine the best doors to open. If it only opens the next one I might stop doing the lockpick DCs.

Wobblist

If you use 10 lockpicks to make a "key" does it allow you to open any unopened door, or does it open the next unopened door? In my case I have only opened the first two doors, I'm wondering if I use my lockpicks will it automatically open door 3, or can I choose any "missed" door. If I can choose, I can stock up my picks and use 'sources' to determine the best doors to open. If it only opens the next one I might stop doing the lockpick DCs.

I only opened the first 2 doors, used lockpicks to open door 8. I didn't pay attention to how many were used but it let you choose the door. Will the amount of lockpicks be the same no matter what order you open them in?

Correct. It's 10 Lockpicks per key. 1 Key per door.
So picks might be useful after all, although I'm not sure there are 6 worthwhile items available in the calendar. And that assumes I don't hit a few while trying to get another train and some sleigh builders. Appreciate the info.

Savvy187

Just about choked to death on my coffee upon seeing the ask for a daily quest for 2 lock picks.

1. Defeat this small army
2. Visit 45 taverns
3.Activate 2 boosts in your tavern
4. Finish 5 4-hour productions
5. Acquire 3 sectors on the campaign map by negotiation

LOL, No ty, I'm good..

RazorbackPirate

Just about choked to death on my coffee upon seeing the ask for a daily quest for 2 lock picks.

2. Visit 45 taverns

LOL, No ty, I'm good..

3.Activate 2 boosts in your tavern - If you have a tavern boost running when you select the chest, you'll never get either 'Buy X Boosts' or 'Spend X Tavern Silver'. For that reason, I buy a 24 hour Supply boost, every day. Extra supplies can always be RQd into stuff, including FPs.

5. Acquire 3 sectors on the campaign map by negotiation - If you stop Scouting provinces, once you conquer the open ones, you'll never get any Campaign Map quests.

Two of the most annoying quest types, all under your control. Huh.

Savvy187

3.Activate 2 boosts in your tavern - If you have a tavern boost running when you select the chest, you'll never get either 'Buy X Boosts' or 'Spend X Tavern Silver'. For that reason, I buy a 24 hour Supply boost, every day. Extra supplies can always be RQd into stuff, including FPs.

5. Acquire 3 sectors on the campaign map by negotiation - If you stop Scouting provinces, once you conquer the open ones, you'll never get any Campaign Map quests.

Two of the most annoying quest types, all under your control. Huh.
Ya, I could do all of that, why would I bother for 2 lock picks? Huh.

Btw, Your Roosevelt quote is false, Teddy never said that.. Not to mention it is demonstrably false, lol.

Last edited:

CommanderCool1234

2. Visit 45 taverns

LOL, No ty, I'm good..
That is not that diffucult also you don't do it for the lock picks you do it for the chest you get after completing 7.

hootengoben

Think we're going to see an SoK upgrade in the daily special? On that same note, if you're going after FP, what are the best new special buildings to go for?

Flavius Belisarius

winbake.png
So the middle WB is Gingerbread, the right one is Macaron.
Can I put another Macaron on the Left and have it be unique to the Gingerbread?
Or must it be a Marzipan or Lussemiller?
Or can I put the Macaron in the Middle with GingerBreads on both sides?

DeletedUser

My bakeries all have a full boost. It takes some juggling and a fair bit of space but it is doable. Its Ginger <Macaron> Ginger then Marzipan in between the next set to boost all full. The road connects the centre bakery and this pattern can continue until you are bankrupt. No , you cannot do this without spending diamonds. bake2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ckirk

Can you only find one key per day? If that's the case, it seems to make sense to hold off spending stars to open presents.

Or - if you find more than one key per day can you save those keys to open future days in the calendar?
I believe you have a point. As we now know that there is only on key/day, it could be an idea to save your stars for the next day once you found that key. BUT
There is also the reindeers to go for and i believe that they are quite valuable since they give good rewards for each reindeer you find. I have found 5 reindeers in my presents and they will pay: One winther bakery selection kit, one winther bakery level 1, one wishing well shrink kit, one santa's work shop and 2100 medals. This will be paid at the end of the event regardless whether you find all nine reindeer.

And then ofcourse there are the lockpicks to go for.

But still, If you have found todays Key, todays reindeer and a lockpick, I would consider saving any remaining stars for next day :)