• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quests and Unplanned Age jumps

• Thread starter DeletedUser42531
  • Start date

DeletedUser42531

I have no issues with the quests themselves or with age jumps during quests. I do however have an issue with how jumping an age will effect the army the quest gives you. An example would be that I was in CA I jumped to Industrial Age and the quest updated to Industrial Age troops. I was only in the first tech so I had no IA troops to compete. But I propose to do what GE does and (correct me if Im wrong) have the army you face is corresponding to the army you have.

Super Catanian

But I propose to do what GE does and (correct me if Im wrong) have the army you face is corresponding to the army you have.
In GE, the army you face against is of the age before yours. The only exception is during the week when you jump an age, in which the army stays of that age, and is updated until the next week.
Take this as an opportunity to learn and don't skip ahead until right when an event ends.

DeletedUser42531

In GE, the army you face against is of the age before yours. The only exception is during the week when you jump an age, in which the army stays of that age, and is updated until the next week.
Take this as an opportunity to learn and don't skip ahead until right when an event ends.

I will definitely learn. BUT just hypothetically what if a quest asks you to research a technology?

Agent327

I have no issues with the quests themselves or with age jumps during quests. I do however have an issue with how jumping an age will effect the army the quest gives you. An example would be that I was in CA I jumped to Industrial Age and the quest updated to Industrial Age troops. I was only in the first tech so I had no IA troops to compete. But I propose to do what GE does and (correct me if Im wrong) have the army you face is corresponding to the army you have.

You have reached IA and have not noticed yet that quest always have the army of the age you are in?

Super Catanian

I will definitely learn. BUT just hypothetically what if a quest asks you to research a technology?
There is always an alternative. Last time I think it was donating Goods to the Guild Treasury. Fortunately they don't have to be of your age, so in my case, I donated a bunch of Colonial Age Goods.
incoming tucker reply

Vger

This is a strategy game, and part of your strategy needs to be planning ahead. Moving up a level is something you don't want to just do willy nilly. You need to plan it ahead of time.
I moved up a level today in my main, just like I have planned for weeks. Why today?:
  • End of the event, not another one coming up for a short while.
  • Neighborhood shuffled this week, so I'll have 2 weeks where I'm an age ahead of most of my hoodies.
  • GE started this morning, so I'll be fighting EMA and HMA troops with LMA. Easy stuff.
  • I saved the FPs and goods ahead of time to burn through about 50% of the tech tree in the first 5 minutes. Then I planted a bunch of barracks, goods and production buildings.
Plan ahead and save up, and leveling up becomes a fun part of the game, not a painful part.

BUT just hypothetically what if a quest asks you to research a technology?
Plan ahead. Don't research every tech just because you can. You can leave some of the dead ends in the tree for later.
But INNO has gotten a bit better about that anyway. Research quests have had reasonable alternatives for at least last year, or longer. And you can see all the quests ahead of time on the Fandom site, so you can plan ahead for that as well.

Algona

I learned so much in three comments lol. thanks guys. I'll just pay a little more attention to quests

vger nailed it. Can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but if you take what vger says, you should never have problems with moving up in Era gain. Good luck!

DeletedUser42531

vger nailed it. Can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but if you take what vger says, you should never have problems with moving up in Era gain. Good luck!

No I wasn't being sarcastic at all. lol. no salt here

Triopoly Champion

Indy is much more challenge than Colonial as most of the Indy units have the ranged abilities, when players encounter "Defeat This Large Army" quest, if without Zeus: 10, CoA: 10, CdM: 10, can be difficult at times.

Although you can get up to PME troops from the story quest lines while staying in Indy, it takes a lot of goods to negotiate the sectors, also make the future event quests much harder whenever new sectors are required to be conquered.

I think the attack boosts still the main requirement to be able to complete high level GEs.

I've stayed in my current age for over 1 full year, still tons of reserved continent province available, so no age jumps needed at the moment.

DeletedUser30312

Slow down and build up your attack GBs, Darth. I was pummeling Indy units while I was still in CA.