• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quit Whining

DeletedUser34548

Last night I went out and saw Hurricane Heist, a workmanlike disaster-crime flick that entertained without actually leaving me with anything to think over... nor a bad aftertaste. $19 for a seat, drink, dog, and a couple hours out of the rain. In a week, I won't remember the name of the movie.

I'm poor. Poor enough, I took the senior ticket offered by the boy to whom I must look a centenarian. But I do work and if I can't afford a couple bucks, why!?

Meanwhile I've spent uncounted hours in FoE. I'm enthralled and expect to get a lot more play from it. I may not last a year but in even one month, I'll be at the movies again.

Have you seen the list of FoE devs? How far do you think my $19 would go to buy their dog food? Spread over the whole staff, I don't think each guy gets enough Real Coin to throw at passing cars.

There are greedy, greedy game companies. (EA, I see you!) But Inno is quite restrained. I have barely noticed the annoying bouncing kitty screaming at me to buy premium ingame currency with my hard-earned Cash. And the game plays very smoothly for the free rider. I know; I played quite a bit before I decided Inno devs deserved to live.

So today I slammed a whole US$20 in the slot... and got 1500 diamonds! I have absolutely no idea what to do with them. I'll get an expansion or two and just wait on the rest. If this were Real Life, I'd buy spats and a cigar.

Twenty whole dollars! I can barely buy a cheap lunch in this City for that, forgotten 30 minutes after. Maybe if we stopped whining and each chucked in a couple bucks, the Inno guys could eat, too.

DeletedUser15539

Good post Xiong. I'm always encouraged when someone else independently reaches conclusions similar to mine.

Yes, I admit it. Six months into FOE I got impatient, and dropped some cash bucks into FOE that enabled me to win several Rogue Hideouts. Those were game changers for me. They made FOE much more enjoyable every single day since, and that was probably the most cost efficient spending of entertainment budget dollars I've ever done.

Decades ago I treated myself to a single Macanudo at the conclusion of each semester. About 20 years ago I was working overseas - when it appeared that Clinton was going to loosen up restrictions on Cuba I thought I'd better hurry up and smoke a Cuban cigar while it was still illegal. It just about knocked me on my ***.