• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

R&R --- U.S. Political Napping

DeletedUser3

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...6f7378-e57c-11e1-8741-940e3f6dbf48_story.html

I was quite amazed to find Romney choosing Ryan as his running mate. Particularly considering, after thirteen years in office, Ryan has succeeded in passing only two bills: one to rename a post office and another to lower the excise tax on fletching (that feather component of arrows... archery anyone?).

Don't get me wrong. The man has successfully fooled the Tea Party conservatives and many staunch Republicans, but his voting record and his substantial hot air on budget issues (not to mention the chuckles he gave to many economic experts with his repeated amateurish economic proposals that essentially amounted to throwing numbers in a spreadsheet and claiming a "cure") makes him a very easy target to tear apart (hell, there are even embarrassing quotes about him from Republican economists and congressmen).

So, considering just how brutally Romney is being vetted in the public arena, what could the GOP have been thinking to attach Ryan to their Presidential candidate's ticket? Is this another instance of political napping, or were they honestly thinking a political napper would be a good Vice President?

DeletedUser

So, considering just how brutally Romney is being vetted in the public arena, what could the GOP have been thinking to attach Ryan to their Presidential candidate's ticket?
I was not aware the GOP was capable of thought. Not rational thought at any rate. I find this move far less surprising than it should be, given their recent behavior.

This is not a dig at Republicans in general, mind. I honestly pity whatever intelligent Republicans exist in America because their party is currently led by incompetent buffoons. Then again, it's not like my party is led by much better...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34

The ONLY thing that was even an itch in the pants of my voting for Romney was if he got smart and brought on Rubio. But no. Concern for me.....If he is that much of an idiot to let a moron destroy his campaign and not stand up and say guys, come on....How the hell will he run a country? I mean, if he would run his own dang campaign, I get his business end...I approve of it. I am fine with it.....Being a tea partier, I'd welcome it, but NNNNNOOOOO he is surrounding himself by morons, and sounding like a polarized right mouth piece pawn....

*Pukes*

DeletedUser

Half of everything Romney does is frankly kind of embarrassing. I'd pity him if I weren't so busy banging my head against the wall. Gosh I wish there were a third party with any chance of winning.

DeletedUser34

I disagree, Romney actually isn't so horrid....he is coming off as a baffoon however, which is sad, because he has mad business sense. For me that is the number one issue. And he looks like such a putz, I don't trust his leadership because I fear he will cave to the party tow line.

everyone said Obama was the party mouthpiece, and he was, till he found something to fight for...not sure if I agree with his priorities, but here nor there.....

Romney, now he is the epitome of a mouth piece...with no backbone.

DeletedUser

Not horrid, just embarrassing. I disagree with everything he says but I disagreed with everything McCain said, and he wasn't embarrassing.

Obama's no party mouthpiece. Perhaps when he was campaigning, but not only has he gone back on some of his biggest campaign promises, he's turned around and done the exact opposite. He backed down when he should have fought; he tried to bargain with people clearly not interested in negotiating, and what little he did that he said he would has suffered for it. He overstepped his authority as president a few times in the name of national security; nothing so bad as the patriot act but he's called hits on people to be killed without a trial. I don't mean bin Laden--there was someone else whose name I can't recall but I distinctly remember being horrified. Either the power has gone to Obama's head or he fooled us all along. Either way he's done a fantastic job of alienating his base, but as the incumbent, it's either him or a Republican.

DeletedUser

Obama's no party mouthpiece. Perhaps when he was campaigning, but not only has he gone back on some of his biggest campaign promises, he's turned around and done the exact opposite. He backed down when he should have fought; he tried to bargain with people clearly not interested in negotiating, and what little he did that he said he would has suffered for it. He overstepped his authority as president a few times in the name of national security; nothing so bad as the patriot act but he's called hits on people to be killed without a trial. I don't mean bin Laden--there was someone else whose name I can't recall but I distinctly remember being horrified. Either the power has gone to Obama's head or he fooled us all along. Either way he's done a fantastic job of alienating his base, but as the incumbent, it's either him or a Republican.

You have to wonder, how much of it is due to the fact that he is the first African American president, and that he needs to play the calm, cool, negotiable, etc. person in order to best win a reelection? I have a feeling that if he were to get a second term, he'll be much more aggressive than he was in his first term.

On to the topic, though: This isn't as worse as 2008 with Palin, but is very much questionable and laughable. Yet, at the same time, you pretty much said it. He "successfully fooled the Tea Party conservatives and many staunch Republicans," and that is the kind of laundering you find with the right. Just the fact that they think that he is an economic expert, as they said when introducing him on the news, is example enough.

DeletedUser34

Just give me Scott Walker and Chris Christie and call it a day.
I'd even take Hilary over these two clowns.