• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ragequits of dilmun

Dursland

Anybody else plundering people and making them ragequit? FoE is not for you if you can't collect on time and dislike having your stuff stolen lol.

So far there's 2 ragequits in my hood, one guy just disconnected his town hall - boring. But the other one was more fun, observe:

9ZIcSO5.jpg

Comments on plundering in general are welcome as well.

Ironrooster

I never plunder anyone.

I get plundered occasionally, but the good stuff requires the building to be aided which protects it. The few coins, supplies, goods, etc. someone gets aren't a big deal.

In fact I don't always notice when I'm plundered since I run my cursor over the city to collect and that clears the plunder symbol as well.

Dursland

I blame inno for me plundering, I didn't do it until they introduced GE4 and I realized I didn't have goods to do it unless I got more. Then it became habit and part of my game.

Emberguard

Just a thought, if you really don't want to be plundered just do coins + supplies + recurring quests. Later on it'll be safer to put goods buildings down, early on the chances of plundering are much higher. In part because the need for resources is higher, but also because players aren't spread out through the ages yet

xivarmy

Just a thought, if you really don't want to be plundered just do coins + supplies + recurring quests. Later on it'll be safer to put goods buildings down, early on the chances of plundering are much higher. In part because the need for resources is higher, but also because players aren't spread out through the ages yet

Pretty much this - eventually more and more of the people who are trying hard will use the advantage they're gaining from plunder to move on - or will have enough income from other sources that they won't plunder as much anymore.

But at this point every source of income can be a big deal. Event tomorrow will be the start of reducing that for some. Next hood change will move more slowpokes into the iron and EMA hoods giving you a lesser concentration of try-hard plunderers. People who took more than 4 days to age up.

signed,

- a try-hard plunderer ;)

Meat Butcher

I don't plunder anymore because its bad for goods sales, but yeah some players get really bent out of shape from plundering instead of figuring out ways to work around it.

Dursland

It's roughly the end of my first week of plundering and so far got 3 ragequits and 1 guy spamming me angry messages with f-bombs everytime I hit him.

Tons of goods tho, I can't stop!!

I could report that f-bomb guy but I don't want him banned, I want him right where he is - producing goods I can grab.

Ebeondi Asi

The evil eye messages get to be funny and welcome. Shows you are hiting the right players. Hit them everyday!!!

Ebeondi Asi

It was easy to get angry back when I first started, playing, at getting plundered. yes it was annoying. But i soon got over it. The players who cannot get over it have some issues beyond the game. They probably should quit as they will never be happy playing this game. Or like in very few advanced cities, continue with a huge amount of city defense, (which is really funny to see)
So I see rage quits as proper and a part of the game design, those players would never be happy playing Foe long term.
I hope they never change that "eat or be eaten" part of the game!

Pericles the Lion

I never got enjoyment from plundering anyone and only did it to complete a quest that required it. It's feature that is included in the game mechanics, but I do not consider it "part of the game". Plundering goods/fps that are not needed is a waste of time. Getting enjoyment out of "rage quits" is mean and juvenile.

The Lady Redneck

It is due to plunderers that I am still playing the game. Back in the early days there was no restriction to who was in your hood. And the top 5 or so players in your hood were all from the highest Era. They used to put a message on their profiles telling all the pathetic noobs like me that they had better donate x amount of FPs to their GBs to avoid being plundered. I ended up getting real mad. So put on my profile to bring it on, and that they did not stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything out of me. And I got determined enough to get strong enough to get them back. Which I have done :cool:

Dursland

continue with a huge amount of city defense, (which is really funny to see)
Even then it doesn't stop everyone. I remember a player on Zorskog who thought she had an unbreakable defense, it was something like 80%/1400%. Sure enough I lost the first try but then I used eels to inflict heat on every defender before KOing them. This prevented them from doing enough damage to me before I could wipe them out. It's fun to break those lol.