• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Random Fun: Avatars

DeletedUser27096

As I play and see other players' avatars, I can't help but wonder if people look anything like their avatar. In some cases, like when a woman (based on the player name) has a male avatar or vice versa, I imagine the player doesn't look at all like their avatar. In others, I wonder why someone has chosen a specific avatar. Does it look like them? Does it remind them of someone else or look like a celebrity they like? Or do they just find that particular avatar amusing or interesting?

What do you think?

Ylisaveta

I wonder, too, and sometimes get a little annoyed when friends and guildmates change the avatar I'm used to seeing :) I think as often as someone chooses an avatar that they think looks like them, or represents them in some other way, people are either choosing what they want to project or perhaps choose ones that are amusing to them.

DeletedUser27096

I chose my in-game avatar bc I won it in the winter event, it's festive and it sort of looks like me (albeit when I was about 15 years younger). I do change my avatar whenever I get a new one from an event but not for very long. With this most recent event, I only used the avatar for a day or two since I didn't really "feel" like a guy with a mustache and biking hat (lol). Inno likes to give male avatars to female players and I'm not into cross-dressing (not that there is anything wrong with it :p).

DeletedUser27889

Ardak gave me my forum avatar. I love TNG. Picard is male and I am not. My in game avatar is female, Isadora Duncan it was because that was the first avatar I won from a historical quest.

The one I really really want is this one:
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 6.56.59 PM.png
As it does look the most similar to me and none of the other avatars really have red hair as I do. But I'm assuming it was given as a reward for something before I arrived and I'll never be able to win it. Oh well.

DeletedUser27096

Ardak gave me my forum avatar. I love TNG. Picard is male and I am not. My in game avatar is female, Isadora Duncan it was because that was the first avatar I won from a historical quest.

View attachment 2453
As it does look the most similar to me and none of the other avatars really have red hair as I do. But I'm assuming it was given as a reward for something before I arrived and I'll never be able to win it. Oh well.
It's a great photo of Picard. He has a "What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?" look on his face.

Ylisaveta

View attachment 2453

It's Maid Marion from 2nd Valentine's Event. You're probably right that it won't be given out again, but you never know.

DeletedUser27889

It's a great photo of Picard. He has a "What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?" look on his face.
Haha it really is perfect, Ardak seems great at finding those types of pictures for people.
It's Maid Marion from 2nd Valentine's Event. You're probably right that it won't be given out again, but you never know.
Ah thank you. I have never been able to figure out who it was supposed to be but that makes sense.

spnnr

I tend to associate the person with their avatar myself and being a borderline raconteur I love avatars that tells a story. The plastic ones supplied with cheesy grins ingame scares the hell out of me so went with the basic shrouded insurance salesman..

DeletedUser27096

I gave serious thought to using it for my own profile picture if not for one subtle fact.
I would be going from an anime figure who walks around half-naked to an entity who walks around totally naked.
On the forums, do I want to be that guy?
Why would you NOT want to be that guy??!! You would be legendary! :p Do it!

DeletedUser11463

Yes.

View attachment 2468

This is exactly how I look.
which one? the guy with the dress on or the old lady with the apron? :p:p:p:p Sorta like that movie where the sexy girl was in the middle of the shot but the woman who showed up was a BBF hidden off to the side of the pic. I can't remember the movie but it was hilarious.

DeletedUser27173

Ha I have noticed there are now more avatars to pick and choose from for me. When I made my sign-in name I tried to think of something gender neutral:rolleyes: but all the avatars were well more M/F not gender neutral so I just went with what ever avatar fits my screen name. So what do you think of when you see qwertyiam? a keyboardo_O. For some reason when I was choosing an avatar the game the thought of choosing a game piece for Monopoly came to mind.:confused:

DeletedUser20367

View attachment 2453

There's a chance. The offer past Avatars in the Summer Event. I'd like to get Robin Hood.

I keep the same Avatar except for when I finish an Event. Then I'll use the new one for a week or so after I win it if it's male.