• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Random Thoughts on the State of the Game

DeletedUser30312

Long time player. The game is not as much about mutual support of a common goal as it was in the early days. The push of the development team to cater to mobile play which revolves around personal rewards versus team support is becoming the overwhelming theme. I fear the gaming environment here in Inno will just become more fragmented and diluted than it is now. GvG, GE, Settlements (which I pretty much quit after gaining an emissary), evidently the time and battles to do space station Mars Era and now new battlegrounds. In any guild it is becoming more difficult if not impossible to get everyone in the boat rowing in the same direction. The game has become all about me not about team. I am making a move in both of my worlds to GvG centric Guilds for the time being. One last shot. It appears we PC players are the dinosaurs of FoE.

That's because mobile is where the game is experiencing its growth, and a significant amount of it. Something like 70% of the player base is mobile. It's not surprising that Inno is developing the game to be appealing where its player base is actively growing.

A guild that can't get its players to coordinate in guild activities is the guild's problem, not Inno's. Said guild needs to decide if they want to be strong in GvG, GE, or both, and then set and enforce the ground rules for the members.

mamboking053

That's because mobile is where the game is experiencing its growth, and a significant amount of it. Something like 70% of the player base is mobile. It's not surprising that Inno is developing the game to be appealing where its player base is actively growing.

A guild that can't get its players to coordinate in guild activities is the guild's problem, not Inno's. Said guild needs to decide if they want to be strong in GvG, GE, or both, and then set and enforce the ground rules for the members.

Why wouldn't you want it on mobile, anyway? Given the nature of the game, it would be hard to collect on time if you weren't sitting at your desk all day.

DeletedUser18332

Not saying mobile isn't a valuable tool for a player but the two platforms are not compatible. On PC you just timed your productions to come off at the same time and picked them up. It took some planning and coordination. You couldn't be on-line all day and you couldn't pull your cell phone out at work to steal time from your company. I really didn't realize how much the game had devolved until I retired and did have a chance to analyze it on a more frequent basis. You make good points but your own comment about a 70% mobile base defines the decline which will drive the PC player out and that's OK. I understand Inno is all about the money but I didn't join FoE to play Candy Crush or Angry Birds which is where mobile based play will drive it based on it's limitations.

DeletedUser40495

I decided I have had enough of you and reported you anyway.
Uhhhh @Wolf1955, what did you even report @Stephen Longshanks for? All he did was point out your incorrect statements. If you can’t stand being corrected, then I don’t think the forum is the best place for you. Crying to Inno about being corrected by a Moderator is not only unnecessary, but immature as well.

Inno is not going to do anything because Stephen did nothing wrong. You know that yourself, but are to insecure to admit you are wrong.

DeletedUser18332

Uhhhh @Wolf1955, what did you even report @Stephen Longshanks for? All he did was point out your incorrect statements. If you can’t stand being corrected, then I don’t think the forum is the best place for you. Crying to Inno about being corrected by a Moderator is not only unnecessary, but immature as well.

Inno is not going to do anything because Stephen did nothing wrong. You know that yourself, but are to insecure to admit you are wrong.

As a follow up to the fact I made incorrect statements. In your vast GvG and long time playing experience here in FoE exactly what do you base your comments on. Certainly not experience. I believe you are simply regurgitating the views of some significant other because you have no self developed knowledge base to make any comments here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40495

I made no incorrect statements.
You sure about that? What about this one:
In any guild it is becoming more difficult if not impossible to get everyone in the boat rowing in the same direction
This is the opposite of true. In fact GE and now GbG will make it much easier for all players to contribute to guild success without being online at the same time or on the same platforms.

And this one:
In the early days FoE was centered on GvG for team play.
Stephen has already corrected you on this. Maybe YOUR early game was centered on GvG, but I hardly think you can assume that everyone is identical to you. If that were the case, all FoE players would be hard headed, stupid, and immature.

So basically yes, most of what you said was either factually incorrect or just uninformed assumptions.

you have no self developed knowledge base to make any comments here.

I am a relatively new player. My strategy is much different that the old strategy’s you dinosaurs were loyal too. This does not mean that I have no experience though. You will find that your old strategies are always outperformed by newer better ones that new players adopt. If this bothers you, too bad. Change with the game and keep up, or young players with newer better strategy will dominate the game for the foreseeable future. If you think I have no game knowledge go read some more of my posts here. I know the game very well and I don’t think it is your place to access my game knowledge or skill. Especially after just displaying your lack of it.

I believe you are simply regurgitating the views of some significant other
How? I am telling you that you were incorrect and immature. Practically everyone on this forum feels this way about your comments directed at Stephen, so it is only natural that everyone disagrees with you. Just because I’m supporting the people here who are actually correct does not mean I am “regurgitating others views”.

So stop. Nobody feels sorry for you anymore. You can’t go back to 2015. The future of FoE is bright and if you are too hard headed and resistant to change you will not be a part of it. I don’t think anyone will be upset if that is the case.

DeletedUser18332

Never asked anyone to feel sorry for me. Never said we could go back. Just stating my opinion. If you cannot figure out why I reported Stephen I would suggest you grow up and review a copy of Webster's Dictionary so you can gain some insight as the actual definition and function of a moderator.

DeletedUser18332

Not to mention I've had more fun here in the last 20+ hours than I've had in the past several months in Inno's new gaming environment.

DeletedUser40495

If you cannot figure out why I reported Stephen I would suggest you grow up and review a copy of Webster's Dictionary so you can gain some insight as the actual definition and function of a moderator.
I already know why you reported Stephen. You just don’t like being corrected. You can’t swallow your pride and admit that someone else is correct. Even a well respected moderator who did NOTHING besides merely correcting you.

I think I said this before: If you don’t like being corrected, then the forum is not a great place for you.

DeletedUser40495

Not to mention I've had more fun here in the last 20+ hours than I've had in the past several months in Inno's new gaming environment.
Then maybe FoE is not the game for you. Nobody is forcing you to play. You can quit whenever you want.

DeletedUser18332

Not immature just the facts. Again read a dictionary so you will have a better understanding of the English Language and what a moderator should and should not be doing. Inno's problem not mine. Reason I reported him. Member since May, multiple cities (mostly inactive) zero experience and you want to critic or give advice to me. You are a legend in your own mind.

DeletedUser40495

Inno's problem not mine.
Well you were the one who reported him and nobody else has a problem with him so...

And I’m sure Inno just ignored you. Nobody listens to whiners.
You are a legend in your own mind.
If correcting someone who can’t stop rambling nonsense on a forum means I can consider myself a legend well... added bonus!

You said it, not me
Not immature just the facts.
Just the facts? So because Stephen criticizes you he is suddenly not worthy of being a moderator? Sounds like an opinion to me. If you had
a better understanding of the English Language
you would know the difference between a fact an an opinion.

And nobody agrees with your opinion anyway, @Stephen Longshanks is a great mod.

DeletedUser18332

Keep going you're on a roll. Talking about things you have no clue about. English and Forge of Empires. At some point you may also develop a comprehension factor as to the posts you should have read. Since you have taken it upon yourself to make such profound assessments of everybody else's posts. I could care less if people agree or disagree (especially you). A forum is a place express concerns about the gaming environment.

Fact: He is not a great moderator. Since you evidently have no idea how to access a dictionary and a moderators function is to moderate I will provide you with an approved dictionary definition: Moderate: Monitor (an Internet forum or online discussion) for inappropriate or offensive content. None of which occurred nor was addressed here. So he had no reason to interject any content to this thread.

DeletedUser

So he had no reason to interject any content to this thread.
You need to read the Forum rules, specifically the part where moderators don't give up their right to post as a player. But you are right that I'm not a great moderator (not that I claim to be), because a great moderator would have deleted all your posts in this thread except the first one for being:
A) Off topic,
B) Personal attacks,
C) Mod bashing/baiting.
But I have mostly just let you run your mouth and dig your hole deeper and deeper with each erroneous statement.
If you have a problem with me, contact a Community Manager. Otherwise, address the thread topic from here on without any more personal attacks on any other poster.

RazorbackPirate

You are a legend in your own mind.
Says the legend in his own mind.

Joke's on you re: Stephen. As a volunteer player moderator, he is always free to share his opinion on any and all topics and threads just like any other player. And his facts are correct. GvG was not a part of FoE when it was first introduced. It appeared over a year after release. Inno has all of their in game announcements archived. This information is easy for anyone to find, it is not in dispute. When you or I started playing is irrelevant to that fact.

Clearly by the time you started playing FoE, GvG was already in the game, albeit a new addition. So you were attracted to a city building game because of the ability to fight other guilds. Got it. Not sure how you figured that out before starting playing the city building game, it's not like they lead with that in their adverts. In fact, I've never seen GvG referenced in any their adverts at all.

Now, I can see that after you started playing FoE and started playing GvG, GvG is what kept you excited and coming back. I can also understand you're disappointed GvG's become what it has. I look forward to Battlegrounds finally bringing all of it together, the way it should have been from the get go.

DeletedUser40495

Keep going you're on a roll. Talking about things you have no clue about. English and Forge of Empires. At some point you may also develop a comprehension factor as to the posts you should have read. Since you have taken it upon yourself to make such profound assessments of everybody else's posts. I could care less if people agree or disagree (especially you). A forum is a place express concerns about the gaming environment.

Fact: He is not a great moderator. Since you evidently have no idea how to access a dictionary and a moderators function is to moderate I will provide you with an approved dictionary definition: Moderate: Monitor (an Internet forum or online discussion) for inappropriate or offensive content. None of which occurred nor was addressed here. So he had no reason to interject any content to this thread.
You just can’t admit when you are wrong can you, so why stop now? I cannot count the amount of false information you have posted on this thread. I cannot count the amount of unnecessary comments you have made at more knowledgeable players than yourself. I will not bother trying. I would get bored once I hit triple digits. I don’t even know why you started this thread in the first place but based on your comments it must have been to:

1. Display your lack of knowledge
2. Randomly insult others who actually have a decent amount of knowledge

And it’s a shame too, this was actually a good topic before you made it personal with about every member who had the kindness to reply on your thread.

DeletedUser40495

A forum is a place express concerns about the gaming environment.
The first correct thing you have said yet. The only problem is that this is NOT what you did. Besides sharing your opinion you unnecessarily bashed a moderator when they corrected your false information. (I will not even get into your attacks at me when I pointed out your unnecessary comments directed at that moderator)

Yes you have dug yourself quite a hole. It may be best to delete your forum account and start over lol...

I’m only half joking

DeletedUser18332

In the world of moderators it doesn't matter if they are volunteers or paid. The job by definition is to moderate. I am done with him as a topic. Inno either will or will not address the decorum of their moderators. No longer my concern. I leave it to them.

I do not care when GvG was released nor did I state a date to be become a point of contention. Early days is by no means stating it was a day one draw. It was here when I joined and at the center of all top Guilds activities. That being said even 20 months in on a 7 year run is early days in terms of a programs development. Day one evidently there was no draw for me or I would have probably been here then. But as others have pointed out an explosion in Server Worlds and players also occurred around the same time GvG did. Happy coincidence? Maybe but doubtful.

One of their early ads was 'A Single Sword' in 2014. Not at the dawn of time as you all seem to be fixated on when early is mentioned in a post. Inno depicted FoE as a game of war not a Simcity building game. You built to enter the battles.

Current ad:

The strategy game Forge of Empires takes you through the different eras - explore new building types and technologies to continue developing your settlement. Meet the challenges of the single-player campaigns until you rule an entire continent, or compete against other players in the multiplayer mode. In the browser game Forge of Empires, dedicate yourself to research and develop more advanced battle units, innovative products and spectacular buildings. Passionate builders will have many opportunities to develop and beautify their cities in this strategy game. Good economic skills are essential in Forge of Empires to finance the growth of your empire with your residents’ tax money.

But not everything is peaceful in Forge of Empires. Fight exciting battles, use a variety of units and incorporate the individual features of the terrain in order to win. On the battle field you can either take on the computer or give other players a lesson in battle strategy. Steer the fate of your empire: Forge of Empires!