• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Random Thoughts on the State of the Game

DeletedUser18332

It's been great trying to educate you two. Feel free to post anything you like here it is an open forum but since the perceptions you both are posting as facts have become mundane to me I will no longer respond to your posts. L8R (so you mobile centric can interpret)

DeletedUser

But as others have pointed out an explosion in Server Worlds and players also occurred around the same time GvG did.
GvG arrived in February 2014. The start of the rapid opening of new worlds started in June 2014. Guess what happened just before the "explosion" of new worlds started? June 2014, FoE becomes available on iPad. That's right, the explosive growth of the game coincided exactly with the addition of the mobile app. Kind of shoots down your whole viewpoint, doesn't it?

DeletedUser18332

I said I would not discuss you as a topic and this will be my last response to you. Again in your haste to point out historical inaccuracies you failed to note whose viewpoint you were bashing. As stated in my Post:

But as others have pointed out an explosion in Server Worlds and players also occurred around the same time GvG did. Happy coincidence? Maybe but doubtful.

Posted in this thread by another member. Not me. Definitely not whole viewpoint or even a part of my original complaint about the condition of the game.

Out. (End of coms with you)

Emberguard

As I stated earlier it was always the carrot of allowing the huge influx of mobile players to access GvG which somewhat placated us for awhile. Now they have pretty much fessed up to being BS all along
I don’t recall Inno making any promises they’d bring GvG to mobile. What I recall was them saying they’d look into whether or not it’s possible and if not what other options they could pursue.

Guess what? GBG is intended to be similar in nature to GvG while being scaleable improving on some of the inherent flaws. It’s also going to be accessible to mobile. It’s just not feasible to port GvG straight as it is without re-coding the entire thing. At which point if you have to re-do it from scratch you might as well work on taking out the design flaws that would be impossible to take out once you have the final design

DeletedUser18332

Emberguard, Thanks for your post. Inno said they were working on creating access to GvG for mobile players long before you joined FoE as many members could attest to. I told my friends and Guild Mates then it would never happen. There was (and still is) no way to create the interface for mobile and PC players to interact in real time. No disrespect for length of service intended. Nor did I say since the early days therefore no one should take exception for being historically inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlacksmithJim

im really fresh meat but all this techno stuff is sorta up my alley as i was early tech in navy when we still used vacuum tubes. got to see transistors change radio's, tv's and the like. digital is really just boolean algebra. once you realize that it is yes or no billions of time over it becomes a numbing mess of meaningless numbers unless you are one of us that can look at an assembler dump and read it like the funny paper. rare skill that one. but, this we do this and he other thing does that and who got there first loses track of the reason everyone is supposed be playing a game for. to have fun. if it does that then how many pilgrims you can skin and stuff before loading up the first big bowl of green herbs is meaningless. how high you get and how happy you are after that and how much you love to build and then sell the same building over and over till you run out of supplies and/or money and then save up a bunch and do that over and over and never need an expansion because you never have to expand cause you always sell the only thing you ever build. if that made you happy then its the pig in the shiite. could someone else some copycat be doing it too? well, we will never know who built and sold the most buildings cause it would only interest those two but it would not matter. what would matter is these two could be happy competing in a meaningless contest for no prize and think they were saving the universe.