• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Re-align Expansions

mamboking053

Proposal

The ability to redesign expansion layout.

Current System (if applicable)

Once you get an expansion and choose where to place it, that's it.

Details

Not limited to this, but as a suggestion, add a place to gather up the expansions you've already unlocked in Construction Mode and then you can decide how you want to lay them out.

Abuse Prevention

The same rules for plotting expansions apply to re-plotting. Can only plot adjacent to an expansion you already possess.

Conclusion

It doesn't give or take anything away, just gives you the ability to redesign your city's expansion layout.

Graviton

I don't see how much difference this could make to one's city layout. You either have room for the stuff you have or you don't. Moving an expansion from one side to the other isn't going to help that much, if at all.

WinnerGR

.I like the challenge of living with were I put an expansion though it would kind of be cool to be able to move .

I do not vote yes or no .

Last edited:

DeletedUser27301

+1

When I started playing, I expanded sideways. Wish I'd gone with more of a square shape, just more aesthetically pleasing. I'm not hurting for space or anything, but do enjoy tinkering around with city layout, so there's that too. I do think there should be a limit to it though, like changing the expansion locations once a year or something, diamonds if it's more often than that, I dunno.

I don't see much of a drawback either, keeps players more active and interested if they like changing things up a bit.

Sheherazade

- 1 On reflection

OK I thought when I first read this it would be kinda cool.and it has come up before I think. But now am thinking it could end up a complete pain. With all the add-ons, the game is getting busier all the time. I would rather spend the time I have available for FoE actually playing the game. Changing a city layout takes a good bit of time as it is. I suppose if you are happy just to build a nice city and tinker around with that, then fine. but that would not be enough to keep me interested.

DevaCat

That's enough. I already see it's bad. Thank you.
I didn't want you thinking I was piling on :) Just a couple thoughts.

I do rectangular or square, so once in a while I'm faced with the choice of this end or that. I get buyers remorse every time. ;) So in the long run it doesn't much matter to me.

Folks who would really love this would be the ones who have those strange inefficient strung out and meandering layouts and suddenly have that lightbulb moment and would like to start over without really starting over (from scratch) and losing everything they've gotten to that point. I can understand that, but general consensus seems to be: you built it, you live with it. The constraint of space is so fundamental to driving every aspect of the game it seems doubtful the devs would ever fiddle much with it.

DreadfulCadillac

Im going to change to a yes,+1
This is similar to reconstruction mode and could be cool.
+1

When I started playing, I expanded sideways. Wish I'd gone with more of a square shape, just more aesthetically pleasing. I'm not hurting for space or anything, but do enjoy tinkering around with city layout, so there's that too. I do think there should be a limit to it though, like changing the expansion locations once a year or something, diamonds if it's more often than that, I dunno.

I don't see much of a drawback either, keeps players more active and interested if they like changing things up a bit.
I like this adaptation to it, maybe change once a year to once a month though?

DeletedUser4441

Are you willing to store building or delete all your buildings to make this happen? If you mis-place an expansion, the mod staff can move it for you if you submit a ticket. However to do so the expansion must be completely empty. Not city planner template empty, but actually totally devoid of any structures. Since there is no way to store GB's they would need to be deleted. Event buildings Stored.

Captain Christian

Are you willing to store building or delete all your buildings to make this happen? If you mis-place an expansion, the mod staff can move it for you if you submit a ticket. However to do so the expansion must be completely empty. Not city planner template empty, but actually totally devoid of any structures. Since there is no way to store GB's they would need to be deleted. Event buildings Stored.
I never knew that! Does the entire city need to be empty or just the 4x4 square?
I can deal with my mistakes, but if I don't have too, then O.K.!