• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Re: Tavern

• Thread starter DeletedUser28367
  • Start date

DeletedUser28367

Why can't automatically all guild mates be allowed to visit your tavern. if i dump all 80 of my friends then i could invite all 80 of my guild mates in but in doing this i would cut my throat by not being able to have 80 more people polishing and motivating my city. Yet its not fair. i should be able to help my guild mates by visiting their tavern for the extra boosts that benefit them because if they succeed then my guild succeeds and its good for me. I wish you would make an update which allows guild mates to be automatically able to visit my tavern and i theirs. :)

DeletedUser26549

I didn't see the poll for this earlier, but I would have voted yes. When you are in a guild, you naturally want to visit your guildmates taverns, but you have to add them as a friend. And as mentioned above, that takes away from how many friends you can add outside of the guild. Having more friends is important for getting and giving aid, coins, blueprints etc..I think FoE should just automatically let us visit our guildmates taverns without having to add them as friends.

DeletedUser28083

Wouldn't this massively favor big guilds over small guilds? Those who are in a large guild would get tavern silver faster and can buy boosts more frequently than those in small guilds. They'll have access to faster gold and supply boosts as well as more attack and defense boosts than people in small guilds. They'll have more gold for forge points, more supply and have an advantage in fights. Something like this would be very damaging to small guild as they would not be able to compete.

DeletedUser27889

I voted no as well.

I really think part of their interest in developing the tavern was to try to help players who chose to go solo and not join a guild. Giving friends a greater importance gave another way for those players to still be social within the game. Even if those players weren't in the forefront of their minds, giving friends a greater importance in the game certainly was. Guilds and guild mates have a number of benefits allowed to them and only them, this was the one thing special for friends.

This would also interfere with individual play. If the friends tavern is important to you, and suddenly guilds are allowed to participate, your choice in guilds is now impacted by its membership and their participation in the tavern.
There are a growing number of people getting sick of the tavern. 140 friends aid plus the double tavern click = 420 mindless clicks for friends alone. Add in aiding a full guild and hood and were up to 578. Some people just don't want to participate in the taverns any longer and while this should impact their friends list, it shouldn't impact their guild. People don't want to see tavern requirements on guilds.

Silver also has to be factored in. Should they decrease the amount of silver earned because now it is available to more people? Why go through the extra trouble of creating more work and mindless clicking for the same benefit?

Lastly the sheer numbers issue. A full friends list and a full guild would equal 219 people, I don't know the seat cap but let's say 24. You would have to empty your tavern more than 9 times per day to fit that many people. And see the silver issue above, you would need to do it that often for the same amount of silver you're getting now. It takes people a long time to get 24 seats, I currently have 14 as I check fairly often. For me that would be clearing my tavern 16 times per day. To break it up by day (and it's assuming there's a controlled steady flow, which of course there's not) I would need to be clearing my tavern every 1.5 hours, without sleeping.

I just can't see a benefit from any angle.

DeletedUser11463

I voted no as well.

Lastly the sheer numbers issue. A full friends list and a full guild would equal 219 people, I don't know the seat cap but let's say 24. You would have to empty your tavern more than 9 times per day to fit that many people. And see the silver issue above, you would need to do it that often for the same amount of silver you're getting now. It takes people a long time to get 24 seats, I currently have 14 as I check fairly often. For me that would be clearing my tavern 16 times per day. To break it up by day (and it's assuming there's a controlled steady flow, which of course there's not) I would need to be clearing my tavern every 1.5 hours, without sleeping.

I just can't see a benefit from any angle.

Largest seat is 16. So it would be 13 times a day to fill-er-up and get everyone in. Yes way too many times. And in addition, it is way too much work now. I think over time more people will back away from the tavern. Although, for me the biggest benefit has been the extra forge points. My daily record so far was 9. SWEET!

DeletedUser14197

Hasn't this already gone up for a vote, and those in favor won? At any rate, I vote "no" again. The tavern is simply not a challenging part of the game. It is like "aiding" (though this could be a bit more challenging if one doesn't use the aid button cause they are looking for bps). It is boring. A 4 year old could do it, in other words there is no challenge here. While it may be a part of the game, it is certainly not the fun part of the game. I would certainly prefer to keep the boring part to a minimum.

DeletedUser28367

i think an awesome prize for a contest. would be a one time use shrink ray. lol shrink your arc to half its size courtesy of inno games :) or even your cape. lol

DeletedUser28367

i think an awesome prize for a contest. would be a one time use shrink ray. lol shrink your arc to half its size courtesy of inno games :) or even your cape. lol
you could even make deal castle worth having :)