• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Really Confused About Tournament Towers

DeletedUser38038

I am in the Bronze Age and have conquered the first three provinces, and I'm on the verge of going into the iron age. I conquered the province that has the Bronze Age tower. I have the tournament tower showing up in the Events window. So what are the next steps.

How can i enter a tournament? I have read a lot about it, and it is all as clear as mud.

I need something literal, like where is the window you have to open, what button you click, where is the icon and what does it look like, where do you sign up, etc. Does someone send a message? Who do I have to contact if I need to sign up? Maybe if someone would define terms a little clearer, that would help. For example, a tournament to me is an organized battle, either between a player and another player (pvp I guess?) or between a player and the ai (Like when you battle for the provinces on the map).

I have read about attacking neighbors. But isn't attacking a neighbor just plundering? Is that what they mean by a tournament? Supposedly, there is an icon when you go to their city that will allow you to do that. I can't find it, so where is it or why isn't it there?

Anyway, most of what I read seems to be theoretical or opinion, what is possible and what could be won. But beyond conquering the province with a tower on it, no one actually describes what window to open and what icon to look for or what to click. And if an icon or window is not showing up for me, then why wouldn't it? Perhaps there are requirements I am missing?

I would really appreciate anyone's help.

DeletedUser38038

After hours of searching I think I just answered my own question... So I can't attack or plunder, or be attacked or plundered, until I've researched military tactics.

Oh, woe is me.

Never mind folks. Have a nice day.

DeletedUser

To answer your question, any battle you fight counts in the various PvP (player vs player) towers, depending on the highest age/era unit you use. So for you, being in Bronze Age, what would count would be any Campaign (Continent) Map battles and any Event quest battles. Incidentally, since you mentioned "attack or plunder", only the attack is relevant to the towers, not the plunder, and then only if you win the battle.

Once you research the tech that unlocks Daily Challenges early in Iron Age, any challenge battle will count towards the towers. Also, once you're in Iron Age, if you're in a guild and fight in either Guild Expedition (GE) or Guild vs Guild (GvG), any battles won there count towards the tower. Basically, any battle you win counts towards the tower of the highest age/era unit you used in that battle, assuming you have acquired the C-Map province with that tower in it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wally the second

To answer your question, any battle you fight counts in the various PvP (player vs player) towers, depending on the highest age/era unit you use. So for you, being in Bronze Age, what would count would be any Campaign (Continent) Map battles and any Event quest battles. Incidentally, since you mentioned "attack or plunder", only the attack is relevant to the towers, not the plunder, and then only if you win the battle.

Once you research the tech that unlocks Daily Challenges early in Iron Age, any challenge battle will count towards the towers. Also, once you're in Iron Age, if you're in a guild and fight in either Guild Expedition (GE) or Guild vs Guild (GvG), any battles won there count towards the tower. Basically, any battle you win counts towards the tower of the highest age/era unit you used in that battle, assuming you have acquired the C-Map province with that tower in it. Let me know if you have any more questions.
So I read your good advice here and have a question about medals won. I’m in LMA but can go in towers below my age and fight in tournaments at, say EMA. If I beat someone in the top ten, I.e., with a number of medals beside their name, I don’t seem to get any medals added to my total. Can I only get medals from beating someone in my own age? Thanks

Agent327

So I read your good advice here and have a question about medals won. I’m in LMA but can go in towers below my age and fight in tournaments at, say EMA. If I beat someone in the top ten, I.e., with a number of medals beside their name, I don’t seem to get any medals added to my total. Can I only get medals from beating someone in my own age? Thanks

You don't get medals by beating someone. You get medals by securing a spot that rewards medals . Basically it means you have to end high up in the tower.