• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rearranging City

I have searched and can't find this. Can someone tell me, When I rearrange my city and hit the check mark to apply it, does it reset the timer to collect on all my buildings??

Ebeondi Asi

The rearrange does not in itself change any timing. The problem may arise if you move building from a set. Some movement is possible and no reset of timer. But one has to be careful in certain ways to keep the timer as before.
The main way to do that is keeping the parts of a set in the same relationship. So say I move a Harvest barn set from one place to another, if I make certain I move each piece to touch the exact same others the timer will not be reset. If I change the relationship, timer resets.
It is possible to mirror image the set, or flip the set and still keep the timers, as each part is still touching the same other parts as prior.
Usually I never remove those sets off the map. I only take others off and move the set without sending the parts to storage. Because it has to be the same part, not just any identical ones... So even a Terracotta Villa if you switch the add on 5x2 in different order, you reset the timer.
They must stay in the same order.

ant..

I don't believe that is true. Pretty sure it only resets if you change to collection of the set.

Ebeondi Asi

I don't believe that is true. Pretty sure it only resets if you change to collection of the set.
your statement does not make sense. particularly "change to collection of the set" has no meaning I can figure in relation to the discussion. Please clarify the statement. If you mean change to the parts of the collection of the set. in removing one or replacing one... yes that is true.
as for 'not believing' no problem. try it and find out for yourself. That is the only way to actually know.

ant..

In other words, if your collection on the set changes, the timer resets. In your example of TV, the order makes no difference because it doesn't affect the collection. If you remove or add one of the add-ons that change the collection, then the timer is reset.
This happens even when you aren't rearranging.
If you add a Road to Victory to an existing set, the timer resets.
And I have tested this, or I would not have posted. maybe you should try verifying your answers every once in a while.

Ebeondi Asi

Adding a new Road to Victory does not reset the timer. Nor does adding a new part to a TV chain. LOL so your impeccable skill at seeing what you see. no problem.

ant..

the whole point is, if it doesn't change the collection when you rearrange, it doesn't reset the timer. order is unimportant

Ebeondi Asi

Agree moving a road to a different SoH chain will reset the timer of both SoH.
It depends on the particular set for some rules. But in general try not to change within a set around. It's easy to find out for anyone. just mess around. discover things. Amaze your Friends.

Lord Pest

The collection timer will not change if you use the games editor tool to do all your cities redesign.

Expletive Deleted

There is a difference between sets and chains.

If you add / subtract a building on a chain such as road to victory, the timer will not change.

However a set like the zen zones will reset their timers if you adjust it and the rewards earned are changed with it.

If you are do a large city redesign and have multiple of the same set you can accidentally reset the timers if you switch pieces around and their payouts are adjusted or if you accidentally shuffle the pieces between the multiple sets. But if you only have the one set and keep it in the same general configuration after the move then your timers will stay where they are.

The easiest way to make sure you dont lose anything to the timer changes is to use the city rebuild and get everything exactly where you want it, wait until you do your big collection and then immediately apply the change. This way if there are any reset timers they are within seconds of the rest and can be fixed by the next pickup.