• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reasons to age up?

Nicholas002

space is often cited as a reason to age up: even many campers will admit that when you run out of space to place FP producing buildings, it's time to age up.

However, with a high arc, it is possible to have a ton of space in a low age. I am in HMA, and have placed 23 medal expansions, soon to be more.
In fact, I seem to be placing expansions faster than I am placing FP producing buildings to fill them. I have so much extra space, that I have around 60 alchemists to do RQs. when I get a FP building, I delete some alchemists, but then I place a few more expansions, and find myself building more alchemists. I can't see myself running out of space until I have placed all available medal expansions, and won a ton of event buildings.

so for me, the space argument for aging up doesn't really apply. (for now)

Are there any other good reasons to age up? 'cause I can't see myself sitting in HMA forever.

Ones I can think of
  • 2 RQs
  • getting to INDY to be able to access +3 era troops.
  • (More fun??)
Any others?

-Chen-

When I first started playing I had to learn to resist the inherent urge I have to 'level up,' partially because of years spent playing games where that was the primary objective, but also because I tend to become bored doing and seeing the same things all the time.

I really don't have the time to fight manually (I probably spend too much time playing this game as it is,) or the interest in it that it would take to become good at it, but the other things Agent pointed out are spot on for me. I want to be able to see and make space for new buildings and improve the look of my city (one of my favorite things to do,) see and utilize new troops, etc. I want to see and do new quests/story lines, and in general experience and explore all the different things that come with moving on to a new era.

All of that said, I learned rather quickly that you can't level up too quickly in this game, for several reasons, so I've been attempting to walk that line, and walking it properly will be my own personal experience and enjoyment with this game.

I know I've been having a blast this week, making room for and acquiring 2 Villas and a Crow's Nest, while gaining enough military strength to allow myself to blow through the end of LMA and advance to Colonial, which I've heard is a good era to camp out in for a time, while I refocus on building up my GB's and production for a while. Speaking of which, the special diamond package that I bought for the event allowed me to build Alcatraz, so I have that to work on as well. I originally contemplated not bothering with Alcatraz, but a couple of weeks of participating in GBG quite a bit changed my mind in a hurry.

Ericness

Space is definitely an issue for me in Modern Era. I've placed every available victory, medal, and diamond expansion available and will need more room very soon. I'm also eager to explore the later eras, since I haven't gone past Tomorrow in any of my cities.

WildOdd

I will sometimes age up to help my guild with treasury goods, otherwise, it's sheer boredom, and while space wasn't a big problem before, it's definitely emerging. Also, I get absolutely wrecked in AA because everyone has SAAB troops, which may incentivize me to move faster, but who knows.

Praetorius

untitled.png

Bragging rights and sense of accomplishment.

DeletedUser31499

Boredom. Tired of looking at the same thing. Jealous of all the new stuff.

Same here... boredom... I spent a year in Indy. A lot got done and I built a strong base from which to advance several ages. But I got so bored with Indy I was so glad to level up. Now I’m in FE for about 2 months. I’m always 1 or 2 in the hood and everything is easy. Fighting my way through the VF map for the expansion squares. I have some gating goals before I age up. I want 50k of each FE good... only have 30k of each now. I want to get a few more of my GBs to level 100.

wiserpenny

Ones I can think of
  • 2 RQs
  • getting to INDY to be able to access +3 era troops.
  • (More fun??)
Any others?
How long have you been in the game? From what i've seen, even a non-diamond player is going to have space issues eventually. You'll either have to decide to move up for space or remove legacy buildings. either that or you aren't that active in events so you just have age specific buildings.... in which case you aren't growing much anyway.

Nicholas002

How long have you been in the game? From what i've seen, even a non-diamond player is going to have space issues eventually. You'll either have to decide to move up for space or remove legacy buildings. either that or you aren't that active in events so you just have age specific buildings.... in which case you aren't growing much anyway.
4 months. eventually I will have space issues, just not yet. as I said in the OP
I can't see myself running out of space until I have placed all available medal expansions, and won a ton of event buildings.
I have now placed 25 medal expansion, 6 diamond expansion, and all available reward expansions up through HMA tech and LMA map.
that's why the events aren't keeping up with my expansion. It will likely take 6 or 7 more events to fill the space I have, and about 10 or 12 events to fill the space I will have once I get all medal expansions (hopefully soon, now that I have a big arc, and can do 1.9)