• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Recent and constant chages in GVG attack and defence abilities

203iceman

Why is Inno changing the effectiveness of all troops. The attack and defense boost are basically worthless at this point. I currently have a 221% attack boost in J world and a 100% attack boost in L. I am in the same age in both. I loose exactly the same amount of troops in L as I do J, equal battles. I would really love someone to give me a reasonable answer to this? At this point in time, and giving the way Inno has changed the game, it makes no sense to level your attack buildings and just build up you traz. Only shear numbers will be what gets it done. I have checked with higher level players in J with 400% plus attack boosts and they agree with what I am saying.

P.S. remember Inno, If you take all the diamonds out of a mine. It is no longer a diamond mine!! Greed Kills.

DeletedUser30900

So, after all the time you played this game you don’t realize attack bonus don’t save your units? You cannot one shot unit no matter what without the help of AO. So you gonna get hit if you use auto and unless you have high defense bonus on offense side too.

DeletedUser26965

You cannot one shot unit no matter what without the help of AO
Well that's not true but I agree attack bonus isn't everything. And such generalized phrasing "...I loose[sic] exactly the same amount of troops in L as I do J, equal battles..." with only mentioning the difference in attack boost doesn't really say much of anything, lots of variables missing, need more data.

Last edited by a moderator:

203iceman

So I guess for all the critics I must have the mathematical figures work out to 6 points beyond the point??? Many of you have been playing the game as long, if not longer. You have not noticed the difference's? I play this game for the battles. That is the part I like/liked. I understand the adjustments to new ages to level things out, but why the changes to older ages? Only thing I can say is get your best boost on and go hit a tile on the map. See how many troops you loose. Then warm up your memories and make a comparison? I do see the variables in using (auto) that is not what I am talking about here.

DeletedUser26965

So I guess for all the critics I must have the mathematical figures work out to 6 points beyond the point?
I don't know if it's 2, 6, 10 or whatever but more info sure would go a long way into understand your particular circumstance. You're speaking rather generally as if things are a given, no one but you is playing your game so specific details are helpful in understanding where you're coming from. And I'm not entirely sure what changes you're talking about, again specifics would be helpful here.

wolfhoundtoo

So I guess for all the critics I must have the mathematical figures work out to 6 points beyond the point??? Many of you have been playing the game as long, if not longer. You have not noticed the difference's? I play this game for the battles. That is the part I like/liked. I understand the adjustments to new ages to level things out, but why the changes to older ages? Only thing I can say is get your best boost on and go hit a tile on the map. See how many troops you loose. Then warm up your memories and make a comparison? I do see the variables in using (auto) that is not what I am talking about here.

You haven't told us what age/era you are referring to, you aren't mentioning the defense boost on the enemy, you didn't mention what your defense boost was and you didn't even say that the units you used and the units you faced were basically the same. You haven't even told us if you observed this over 1 battle apiece per world. o_O

And I play 3 worlds and i'm in FE on all 3 worlds. While I don't do much GVG in 2 of those worlds, I notice that I do lose more troops in the worlds where my defense is lower (note that since i'm still fighting the map on one world I built enough attack boost to equal (more or less) my attack boost in the world where I do more GVG.

DeletedUser26965

You haven't told us what age/era you are referring to, you aren't mentioning the defense boost on the enemy, you didn't mention what your defense boost was and you didn't even say that the units you used and the units you faced were basically the same. You haven't even told us if you observed this over 1 battle apiece per world. o_O

And I play 3 worlds and i'm in FE on all 3 worlds. While I don't do much GVG in 2 of those worlds, I notice that I do lose more troops in the worlds where my defense is lower (note that since i'm still fighting the map on one world I built enough attack boost to equal (more or less) my attack boost in the world where I do more GVG.
Not to mention the fact of variability of fights in and of themselves can make quite a difference. Here's a couple examples from GE I did;

Same-Fight-Different-Result.gif

another-sample.gif

Goes to show how the battle map difference, AI choices and a "random fator", whatever that means, in Damage calculations can make quite the variance in results.

Last edited by a moderator:

203iceman

I refer to all ages and eras. No one sticks out more than the other. I did notice the Indy age is may be a hair worse than the rest. I.A. is driving troops at attached units more than in the past.

wolfhoundtoo

I refer to all ages and eras. No one sticks out more than the other. I did notice the Indy age is may be a hair worse than the rest. I.A. is driving troops at attached units more than in the past.

Industrial age is an extremely tough age and in general unless your attack AND defense boost is pretty high, you should see a lot of losses that will vary (as SJ said above) based on the map and the random elements included in the battle function.

Your 1st post indicated that you thought there was a problem with the attack/defense boost however your latest post indicates you seem to think that the enemy targets your real unit(s) more so than in the past. Note that if you are using the auto battle outside of the battle screen then your units always move on the 1st turn. Since rogues move last that means your real units run out front, the enemy moves then your rogues. Generally speaking rogues on the initial starting position aren't always able to be targeted by the enemy units so they'll hit what they can reach (your real units).

Lastly you now mention all ages/eras and the nature of the AI fighting is going to vary a lot from age to age based on the range/targeting ability of the AI units and how well balances some of those ages are (or aren't) which will impact your losses.

In short - the new auto battle is going to cost you tons more troops.

DeletedUser26965

the new auto battle
what new auto battle? Regardless, this whole thing started with how the OP believes a/d boost is worthless based on what he believes are the same losses across worlds with different boost with the same amount of battles and despite all the comments we're still no closer to understanding his claims.

wolfhoundtoo

what new auto battle? Regardless, this whole thing started with how the OP believes a/d boost is worthless based on what he believes are the same losses across worlds with different boost with the same amount of battles and despite all the comments we're still no closer to understanding his claims.

Not so new any more. :) But still newer than the auto battle within the battle screen.

DeletedUser26965

Not so new any more. :) But still newer than the auto battle within the battle screen.
yeah but still not sure how that has anything to do with this, you could still auto battle before in GvG it's just more convenient now but regardless I'm still not sure what changes the op thinks were applied to the game, none that I'm aware of and nothing that would suddenly make a/d boost useless. As far as his supporting point it's still so lacking details it's impossible to determine what the point is.

DeletedUser30900

I think @wolfhoundtoo's point is that if the OP is using the auto battle from the army management screen, then his regular units are moving on first turn instead of holding back and letting the Rogues take the first hit. At least that's what I understood him to mean. I mean, the smart thing to do with auto battle when you're using Rogues is to go to the battle and skip your regular unit's first turn so the Rogues get hit first, which doesn't work if you hit auto battle from the army management screen. :)
Comon, now he might think he’s not smart. Good job

DeletedUser26965

I think @wolfhoundtoo's point is that if the OP is using the auto battle from the army management screen, then his regular units are moving on first turn instead of holding back and letting the Rogues take the first hit. At least that's what I understood him to mean. I mean, the smart thing to do with auto battle when you're using Rogues is to go to the battle and skip your regular unit's first turn so the Rogues get hit first, which doesn't work if you hit auto battle from the army management screen. :)
I realize but if it's the OP's contention his actions are the same on both worlds then what's the point, get it now?

DeletedUser26965

okay well whatever who cares, guy can't provide any details beyond leaving any fruitful discussion impossible anyway.