• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reconstruction Mode Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

Of course, the Reconstruction Mode is available on both desktop and mobile versions of the game. We hope that you enjoy using this new feature. Please send us your thoughts! If you have any improvement suggestions, we would like to also hear about them :). You can leave any feedback in here in this thread.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser36262

Yes! This is a great idea! Will we be able to use this feature whenever we want or can we only use it once?

DeletedUser34178

It's a great step in the right direction. I wished you could save your construction so you can finish it later. Check out CoC, they got it figured out quite well. You have one "active" town and one "under construction". Once you are happy you can make this one active. I also like the feature from FOEManager where you can "flatten" your buildings to get a much better view of the layout.

RazorbackPirate

I don't know. It looks like it will take hours to reconstruct your city if you need to put EVERYTHING back. If you've spent 2 hours already in reconstruction mode and still have buildings that need to be placed, its' going to be a major pain to figure out where to put them. Looks interesting though. I would be curious to see how this works out.
If there's buildings you know you don't want to keep, sell them or store them prior to the redesign. Problem solved.

DeletedUser26560

Of course this is great addition to FOE.... but one of the problems of city design is being able to fit everything you have into the space available. This may seem obvious but experimentation in the placement of one's buildings is sometimes a long and tedious undertaking and multiple arrangements can be made. But to remember them all will drive you mad. Having a visible storage area helps sort out the volume that need to be put back in place.
My point is that you need MORE than what you have in this new mechanic. I use the City Planner to experiment and plan ahead just what I want to accomplish. I think you should partner up with the owner of the City Planner and help them compose a more stable and functional City Planner. This cooperative effort would help them and you to make a better FOE. Maybe even pay them a tribute for the partnership. I believe this would be worth while for both parties.

IngeJones

I would prefer if we could save the temp city at intervals since it could take so long that we have to split it across more than one session. Being able to save half way would make a big difference. Can you imagine the frustration caused if your connection goes down when you've nearly finished? Obviously the "overwrite real city with my reconstructed city" should only be allowed when you've finished. Or is this what "Save" actually means, and the server would automatically restore our partly-reconstructed city as far as we'd got when we reconnect?

DeletedUser31735

Theres been talk of this for a while now. I thought I heard when they released VF this was going to be available. This is going to be really awesome not having to burn up a bunch of store buildings every time jumping ages and remodeling cities!!!!

BTW with this update on lets say TFs and Palace sets is the timer on when they produce stay going or will the 24 hours be paused or started over?

DeletedUser8428

It's a great step in the right direction. I wished you could save your construction so you can finish it later. Check out CoC, they got it figured out quite well. You have one "active" town and one "under construction". Once you are happy you can make this one active. I also like the feature from FOEManager where you can "flatten" your buildings to get a much better view of the layout.
I'm always floored by players who want FOE to be just like some other game. Why aren't you playing THAT game? Personally, I think this is the worst 'dumbing-down' of the game since FOE came on the market, it's not a feature I'll use and it's one more example of making the game easier. Too bad.

DeletedUser36265

Of course, the Reconstruction Mode is available on both desktop and mobile versions of the game. We hope that you enjoy using this new feature. Please send us your thoughts! If you have any improvement suggestions, we would like to also hear about them :). You can leave any feedback in here in this thread.

Sincerely,

Will there be the ability to rotate buildings?

DeletedUser22367

Will using this mode reset any timers? Or just put everything on pause until you're out of the mode and it checks for stuff like road connections and set placement?

DeletedUser30815

Sincerely,

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! :):):)
I'm very busy IRL and have been trying to figure out how to make time to do an over-haul of my city. I think that you may have just provided the solution to my time management issue. Very much looking forward to trying out this new tool.

DeletedUser35189

Sincerely,
Great nowi will be beable to move some of the 2 lane streat to acomadat later year houses and buildings