• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reconstruction Mode Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser31335

Reconstruction mode should be similar to the FoE city planer (https://foemanager.com/city-planner/app/.) Being able to flatten items is a plus. With the addition to be able to move property. Sometime when I'm ready to place a property expansion it gets dropped into the wrong place. This is frustrating.

DeletedUser

Sometime when I'm ready to place a property expansion it gets dropped into the wrong place.
This has nothing to do with Reconstruction Mode. Expansions can never be moved, that's why you should take extra care when placing them. I have never had one go anywhere but where I intended it to. Sometimes my choice was wrong, but I've never had one go wrong on its own.

DeletedUser31335

This has nothing to do with Reconstruction Mode. Expansions can never be moved, that's why you should take extra care when placing them. I have never had one go anywhere but where I intended it to. Sometimes my choice was wrong, but I've never had one go wrong on its own.
I am aware that expansions can not be moved at this point in time. However the reconstruction mode should allow expansions to be moved also. I don't think there is any reason why they can't be moved. If one is rearranging their city then that would be the time to rearrange property also.

DeletedUser31440

However the reconstruction mode should allow expansions to be moved also.

This game has, at least for the 2 years I've been playing, had some decisions that are permanent. Expansions have always been a permanent decision, it would be nice to be able to move them, by having their placement be permanent it makes the game more challenging and rewarding imho.

DeletedUser

I am aware that expansions can not be moved at this point in time. However the reconstruction mode should allow expansions to be moved also. I don't think there is any reason why they can't be moved. If one is rearranging their city then that would be the time to rearrange property also.
Why are so many people determined to advocate changes to the game simply to fix their mistakes. If you're not happy with what you've done with your city, start a new one, don't ask to change the game. This is such a great new feature, but all we're getting is a bunch of whiners who want it to fix their games for them or do their thinking for them. For cryin' out loud, just be thankful for the nice new feature!

DeletedUser32239

Of course, the Reconstruction Mode is available on both desktop and mobile versions of the game. We hope that you enjoy using this new feature. Please send us your thoughts! If you have any improvement suggestions, we would like to also hear about them :). You can leave any feedback in here in this thread.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
I have used this in all of my worlds and love it. I was able to make a lot of room for future construction. The only request I have is to add the ability to rotate buildings. Thanks

DeletedUser8428

I have used this in all of my worlds and love it. I was able to make a lot of room for future construction. The only request I have is to add the ability to rotate buildings. Thanks
Bailey, if you're proposing the ability to rotate buildings, you'll need to create a proposal in the proposals thread. And please read this first - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/.

But for this specific idea, please do a SEARCH of the forums first. This has been proposed numerous times and has been shot down every time.

DeletedUser

Bailey, if you're proposing the ability to rotate buildings, you'll need to create a proposal in the proposals thread. And please read this first - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/.

But for this specific idea, please do a SEARCH of the forums first. This has been proposed numerous times and has been shot down every time.
Do not propose this. It is on the Do Not Suggest List. They don't want to see any proposals about rotating buildings.

DeletedUser8428

DeletedUser33865

No. This is an Easy button and I cannot support this idea. FoE is a strategy game. Good city design skills is one of those strategies. You may need a computer algorithm to help you be a more competitive player, but I don't want the computer playing your game for you so you can become a competent player.

Learn to play the game, continue to suck at it, or quit.

this isnt an "easy button." you still have to design your city. this does nothing for you other than allowing you to more easily move stuff around. people sound silly when they say this takes away from the game. this does nothing more than make it easier to move buildings.

DeletedUser33865

so, i have scoured many forums to find no answer to this question...i need to know if saving your village in reconstruction mode resets timers on special attached buildings. BEFORE anyone jumps to conclusions like many posts previous to mine i understand this does not reset timers while in reconstruction mode...i also know buildings not attached to roads will not have an active timer.

i just want to know if my eastern tower on my majahara palace will reset it if i move it to a new spot using the construction mode. (yes, im talking about after i save it). the buildings would normally reset if you did it manually so if it doesnt by using reconstruction mode that would be a huge plus for this feature.

anyone who has tried to do this can you please answer this question for me. thank you

RazorbackPirate

this isnt an "easy button." you still have to design your city. this does nothing for you other than allowing you to more easily move stuff around. people sound silly when they say this takes away from the game. this does nothing more than make it easier to move buildings.
You need to go back a actually read my comments in context. I was responding to a suggestion to add an algorithm to reconstruction Mode to efficiently design you city for you. That is the Easy Button I am opposed to. RC mode itself is a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

RazorbackPirate

so, i have scoured many forums to find no answer to this question...i need to know if saving your village in reconstruction mode resets timers on special attached buildings. BEFORE anyone jumps to conclusions like many posts previous to mine i understand this does not reset timers while in reconstruction mode...i also know buildings not attached to roads will not have an active timer.

i just want to know if my eastern tower on my majahara palace will reset it if i move it to a new spot using the construction mode. (yes, im talking about after i save it). the buildings would normally reset if you did it manually so if it doesn't by using reconstruction mode that would be a huge plus for this feature.

anyone who has tried to do this can you please answer this question for me. thank you
As has been stated in many other posts, as long as the number of bonuses activated with each building stays the same, they will not reset. So if your Eastern Palace Tower is currently touching two other buildings now and will be touching two other buildings after, the timer will not be reset. If it ends up only touching one other building the timer will reset.

Every discussion about timers in RC Mode has been about what happens when you save it back. Why would anyone care about anything else? Once again, you may want to go back and reread the previous posts in context and not just skim over them.

DeletedUser36418

RC is a great idea and a much needed improvement. However some suggests for the next upgrades. Being able to store items in reconstruction mode instead of having to put everything back would be nice ! That is just a minor flaw in RC not being able to store buildings and having to put everything back !

DeletedUser24719

Since one can neither construct nor store a building or move an expansion the term reconstruction is a misnomer. It should be called simply Rearrangement Mode.

Zatrikon

I’ve used this a few times by now and the one thing I’d request is the ability to delete/ sell a building while in RC mode.
Yes, and perhaps the ability to buy/build new roads while in reconstruction mode.

But even without these features, I love this addition to the game!

DeletedUser32498

Just used reconstruction mode for the first time, and I think it is a terrific addition to the game. When I combined its use with the FoE City Planner, it was more that sufficient just as is. Once I planned my new city (a simple task on which you can spend as little or as much time as you can devote), I sold or added the exact mix of buildings and road sections. I imagine most people will have excess streets for their new, optimized design. I did, so when I was ready, I just eliminated streets and went into reconstruction mode. Yes, eliminating streets left some unattached buildings, but because I had prepared ahead of time, it only took me less than an hour to set up the new city and Save. Because I used City Planner, none of the additions suggested here were necessary or missed.

The "purists" who gripe because this makes the game to easy are probably the same people who think I should walk 5 miles through the snow to borrow a book when I can get the same information on the internet and start learning more faster:) Good job developers. Thank you.

DeletedUser37292

I would really like to be able to rotate buildings. We could utilize the given expansion space to be able to add more to the game.