• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reconstruction Mode Improvements Feedback

DeletedUser37497

Hey guys,

Once 1.149 has been updated, we will activate some changes to Reconstruction Mode. Check out the full announcement here

Thanks!

Richard

centaurgod

WOW !!! Don't take this the wrong way, but if just half of these updates work as described, it will be major help to many players. I've fiddled with the feature a few times so far and generally was only able to rework only a section of my city each time. Planning out all the roads and buildings takes a lot of thought and a lot of time. Sometimes trying to do a lot in one single session can be daunting Adding that 'draft' option may be my key to improving my city. Hope it all goes in smoothly.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Question I have is if you save a draft of your revisions, then go back to your city and make any changes, how are those changes reflected in the draft?

So for example, I create a complicated revision to my city, but don't need some roads. I save a draft by going back to my city, and while there I delete some roads. When I go back into the draft, how will it deal with that?

What happens if I added a new building to my city in the meantime?

DeletedUser37581

Question I have is if you save a draft of your revisions, then go back to your city and make any changes, how are those changes reflected in the draft?

So for example, I create a complicated revision to my city, but don't need some roads. I save a draft by going back to my city, and while there I delete some roads. When I go back into the draft, how will it deal with that?

Good questions.

I would expect that if you delete something in your city, it would get deleted in your draft also whether already placed or still in temporary storage.

I would also expect that if you add a building to your city, it would be added to the temporary storage of your reconstruction.

RazorbackPirate

My belief is that this is intended to allow you to go back to your city to collect, empty your tavern, reset your Settlement, etc. I guess you'll see what happens when you try it, but I would expect it would just start a new session when you reenter RC Mode, starting with the new version of your city.

I suspect if they had any intention if allowing it to work the way you describe, they would have added the ability to add or delete buildings and/or store or use buildings from inventory inside RC Mode.

Expect no warning of the draft dump, just expect a brand new session upon return.

DeletedUser15456

Any chance we'd be able to sell buildings while in Reconstruction Mode? There have been times I've remodeled my city and ended up with a bunch of spare roads or decorations that I had no need to place.

RazorbackPirate

Any chance we'd be able to sell buildings while in Reconstruction Mode? There have been times I've remodeled my city and ended up with a bunch of spare roads or decorations that I had no need to place.
Did they list that as an added feature? If it was added, do you think they would have given it a mention?

Kranyar the Mysterious

I suspect it is more like what Razor said, but since it was tested on beta, I thought someone might actually know what happens. I have a feeling this will end up being a common question or complaint if it deletes your draft because you changed something in your city.

BruteForceAttack

I suspect it is more like what Razor said, but since it was tested on beta, I thought someone might actually know what happens. I have a feeling this will end up being a common question or complaint if it deletes your draft because you changed something in your city.

I have tested in beta and if you make any changes to city after creating draft, draft will get updated. Newly added stuff will go to temp storage.

UBERhelp1

I like the update! I always want to go back and look at my city to compare it to the revision, and this will make it easier to do that. :)

DeletedUser29646

I would like the option that FoE city builder gives where it shows a flat grid with the buildings names so that you can see everything without tall buildings being in the way.

DeletedUser34781

That's definitely great improvements. especially the "strip all" along with the draft more, which really allows to work quietly on a real valuable reconstruction.
Thanks so much for taking our requests into account :eek:)

dhMeAzK.gif

DeletedUser18851

Nice changes, but the elephant in the room is the sets. I realize there are multiple ways to arrange a set... but if you could make an option such that any set buildings that are in contact with others of their type are automatically moved as a set (even if only in Draft mode), that would be tremendously helpful.

Obviously there would also need to be some kind of 'disconnect sets' feature so that a particular set could be rearranged within itself. As is, I avoid sets because it makes it such a chore to remodel my city, even with draft mode.