• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Deleted

Queen53

I have a question is this permanent? In other words if I do one but did not like how it worked out can it be do it again. Also if you age up and now have different streets (Highways) and now I had a need to do again. I am still not sure how I what to do it. I sometimes go to other cities to see how they did theirs. Need a good example to follow. It there a good sample how to place streets. Or more than one to get an idea. Everyone may have different types of builds.

DeletedUser8428

I have a question is this permanent? In other words if I do one but did not like how it worked out can it be do it again. Also if you age up and now have different streets (Highways) and now I had a need to do again. I am still not sure how I what to do it. I sometimes go to other cities to see how they did theirs. Need a good example to follow. It there a good sample how to place streets. Or more than one to get an idea. Everyone may have different types of builds.
Yes. If you like what you did and click 'SAVE', then the changes are permanent and you cannot go backward. You are not required to use this, you can continue managing your city the way you do today.

Queen53

Thank you for responding. So after saving my city it is a one time thing only? I understand I do not have to use this but it would be good to know a better way to have my streets placed.

DeletedUser8428

Well yes. Each time you use it it's a one-time thing. But it's an accessible tool when you click the 'Build' menu (same as move or sell). So you can use it whenever you like .. but what you CANNOT do is save your changes and then decide you want to go back like it was. Once you click 'Save', it's permanent.

DeletedUser35250

You can use it as many times as you want. You *could* go back to the way it was if you can remember exactly how it was before, and redo it manually.

DeletedUser8230

Your buildings are not going in storage, your buildings aren't going anywhere. Your buildings remain active, can still be plundered, GB's can still be donated to etc, where they are in game and only move after you save. So if you're in the middle of reconstruction mode and your browser crashes or whatever nothing happens, except you have to start reconstruction mode all over again, because you didn't really do anything to your city. All reconstruction mode is is a representation of your city, your actual city only moves to the new picture you created after you save it.

Does anyone know if you reconstruct your city does the original time for collecting stay the same or does it start over once you save. for example if you doing a 24 hour production but there is 8 hours left before you will collect but you start reconstruction save and finish will it go back to a 24hr once saved?

DeletedUser17543

Language constantly evolves, the use of based off has increased exponentially over the past 10-15 years and is pretty common place especially in America where English is spoken in a less strict fashion, but yes I shouldn't write based off if I'm preparing anything formal. As an aside have you seen the video of Hank Johnson asking if the new military base on Guam will cause the island to tip over? Priceless stuff right there.

Based on your logic, then murder shall one day become "accepted", as theft has become acceptable. So as you rush head long into change for change sake, because you don't like the standard already set, I wish you luck. Wasting effort and time to change things that don't need to be changed is not moving forward. I stand with the "grammar Nazi", learn the basics, then try the more complex. Language is paramount to real communication, something that we see very little of in the current world.

DeletedUser31440

Based on your logic, then murder shall one day become "accepted", as theft has become acceptable. So as you rush head long into change for change sake, because you don't like the standard already set, I wish you luck. Wasting effort and time to change things that don't need to be changed is not moving forward. I stand with the "grammar Nazi", learn the basics, then try the more complex. Language is paramount to real communication, something that we see very little of in the current world.

Comparing changes in acceptable language usage to murder, you're going to have to set a better trap than that.

Agent327

Does anyone know if you reconstruct your city does the original time for collecting stay the same or does it start over once you save. for example if you doing a 24 hour production but there is 8 hours left before you will collect but you start reconstruction save and finish will it go back to a 24hr once saved?

Yes, there are people who know and have shared this. If you read the thread you find the answer.

Victoria and Albert

Did any one post an answer to this question? I am interested in the collection time in reconstruction mode too.

DeletedUser

Did any one post an answer to this question? I am interested in the collection time in reconstruction mode too.
Reconstruction mode actually preserves the collection time better than moving everything manually, because there is no lost time where the buildings might be disconnected. When you are in Reconstruction mode, your buildings are still operating as if you weren't doing anything. Then, when you save your new layout, they are instantly rearranged without any disconnect time, and their production cycle continues merrily on as if nothing had happened. The only exceptions I know of would be if you mistakenly broke up a set during Reconstruction, or accidentally placed a building without a road connection.