• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recurring quests and 1.9 contributions

generalwoo

I'm in a couple small and slow-moving 1.9 threads, which are slow enough that it can take a day to fill all five positions. As such, I like to take my time and cycle through the R'lyeh and Fnord quests as I add FP. It may take as long as 10 minutes to finish cycling RQs on Position #1 of a high-level GB, as I'm in LMA and each quest is 53 FP.

In faster-moving 1.9 threads, is doing multiple cycles of RQs a normal and accepted practice? Or are FPs expected to be dumped at once to avoid holding up the thread, or creating a situation where the GB can be sniped (when one person dumps all the FP while another is still adding)?

Or does it depend on other factors, such as how long it takes the donor to fill the position? Or if it's a guild 1.9, the leaderships' view on RQ'ing 1.9 donations?

If you do RQs, how do you mitigate the risk that someone can snipe the position while you're adding FPs? Would you risk doing a full cycle of RQs on a particularly snipeable level, such as level 50 Arc?

GaKOAK

Guilds may have different rules of course, but in my experience you should drop all the points at the same time to not hold up the next contributor. By adding a little at a time you are leaving the spot wide open to sniping, and since you called the spot you would be responsible for covering the difference and then would not get any rewards (or far fewer than expected).

Plain Red Justice

Just use your eyes and get a feel for it. If it's someone that's obviously the town's FP bicycle where people jump in within seconds post-flip to snipe a P1 especially in a very juicy Arc 50, would you RQ in that GB? But just because it's an Arc 50 with high competition, would it be automatically unwise for you to RQ especially during the dead of the night or could your FP bicycle competitors afford to be up even during those times? If you're 90% sure that only one or none of them can be online at any given time during those hours, wouldn't it be wise to RQ at least an Arc 50's P2?

Only you would know the answers to these questions. Each players have different hoods and friendslist in them so they would have very different situations

Wwwoodchuck

I use my discretion when doing RQ on the 1.9. If it is a snipable slot, dump all at once. If it a high slot and the thread is moving really quickly, dump all at once. High spot and moving, but not really fast I will do 100, 200 or 500 FP drops to RQ with, depending on how fast it is moving. This will give me at least a few RQ and the turnaround is usually fast, so I can get more in on the next one or next level.

If I am doing 100 FP drops on a first position and I see second has just been called, I will drop the remainder on my next round to fill it. I make the math easy on myself by dropping enough on the first drop so I have even 100 FP numbers remaining. If the slot is 1454 I will drop 154 first, then 100 on each after that. There is usually a few seconds where first is not filed and second is taken, but I have not had any issues so far with this method.

For doing RQ at my age FP amount on higher GB slots, I set that up ahead of time with the GB owner. They will leave more than enough so it won’t be profitable except for a very high Arc. I do my RQ to fill the slot, then they drop to lock.

It will also depend on the users hood. Some folks are in shadier hoods than others and nothing but full drops because they are being watched. Some hoods are quiet and a snipable slot can sit there for hours and no one will touch it. I have been using this since I was in LMA and got my second slot and have not had any issues… so far anyway.