• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reduce the number of time draining features

DeletedUser34582

I have noticed that the features added during the last year keep draining the players off the most valuable resource in the game - their time.
It used to be possible to play in several worlds. That possibility is disappearing - unless you want to have playing this game as a full-time job.

Friend's tavern takes time
Guild expedition takes time (and can be easily improved by reducing the length of the animations in negotiating and fights)
Daily quests take a lot of time
Some of the events are disasters - including the current one.
(this does not mean that all those things are bad)

Have you added any feature which compensates for this? I don't really remember any.
"aid all" feature would help, I'd even spend diamonds on it if the amount was reasonable. (5 diamonds?)
"visit all taverns" would help too.
Those features have been proposed separately, I'd just like to point out why they are important.

Then, PLEASE, give players a chance to recover from one event before starting another one. Having one event after another without any breaks is the best way to force people to leave the game. People leave when they run out of the most valuable resource - when they run out of time.

DeletedUser32389

Video Games are a time pit, what do you expect? You don't think there's a cure for cancer at the end of OF do you? :rolleyes:
Aid all has been voted on, the devs are NEVER going to implement it. But you would know that if you spent any time here.
Play the game a little before you try to change the game.

DeletedUser31206

I have noticed that the features added during the last year keep draining the players off the most valuable resource in the game - their time.
It used to be possible to play in several worlds. That possibility is disappearing - unless you want to have playing this game as a full-time job.

Guild expedition takes time (and can be easily improved by reducing the length of the animations in negotiating and fights)

Have you added any feature which compensates for this? I don't really remember any.
"aid all" feature would help, I'd even spend diamonds on it if the amount was reasonable. (5 diamonds?)
Those features have been proposed separately, I'd just like to point out why they are important.

Then, PLEASE, give players a chance to recover from one event before starting another one. Having one event after another without any breaks is the best way to force people to leave the game. People leave when they run out of the most valuable resource - when they run out of time.
My vote is no. If it's taking a long time for the taverns to open you're most likely having internet problems. As to battling just press auto.

DeletedUser

I vote no also. While it is true that it is harder to play multiple worlds, that is not a very good reason to implement this suggestion. What fun would the game be without this stuff? Yes, GE and Friends Tavern and Daily Challenges take time, but isn't that the point of a leisure time activity? To take up your spare time with an enjoyable pastime? Which is exactly what FoE is...an enjoyable pastime.

DeletedUser3882

Playing on multiple worlds is an “option” that anyone has the “choice” to do. This is how *you* choose to spend your time. But the game is not Forge of Play on ALL 27 WORLDS. It is Forge of Empires, as in Forge yours and compete with the 6-8k others in your *one* world.

There is no consideration(s), past, present, and shouldn’t be in the future, for multiple world players. Let’s stick to improving the game, not saving *you* time.

DeletedUser28670

Video Games are a time pit, what do you expect? You don't think there's a cure for cancer at the end of OF do you? :rolleyes:
Aid all has been voted on, the devs are NEVER going to implement it. But you would know that if you spent any time here.
He isn't a noob to the game. He has several million points last year (ehhh, I’ve been inactive on and off due to RL. Don't blame me.) he is just a noob to the forum.

But I do agree. Video games are supposed to be a fun way to waste time lol.

qaccy

You see it as draining time, I see it as having more things I can do. Different perspectives.

You would've had a blast clicking into everybody's city in order to motivate or polish something before the Aid system was added. What takes ~5 minutes today used to take up to an hour or more, and that's if you could even get through all of it because loading all those cities also caused significant memory issues for your system.

Algona

I vote no.

I understabd the sentiment about time, I disagree that it;s a problem. INNO has added a lot of features and they all nibble and in some cases gobble up time, But all of them except Incidents can dramatically increase a player's game state advancement.

Time is the most valuable resource, the corollary of that is that we have to prioritize which features we will play and optimizing our cities for those choices to minimize the time spent.

Hard choices. Add another city for fun and a new diamond mine? Adopt HQS? Sacrifice troops to autobattle? Do GvG? Do that much needed remodel of your city today? The list goes on and on. What am I going to spend my time on?

That is part of the price we pay to play this rich deep complex game. Which I think is a good thing. But I can certainly see how someone else can find having to make those choice annoying.

But it is not a reason to change the game.

These two are related and readily solvable. DCs are exactly what I'm talking about in optimizing your city. I'd be happy to tell you how I do so and manage to bat over.800 and spend less then 10 minutes a day doing so. Events are pure choice. Is the payoff worth the time? Note well, efficient DC and Event resolution require almost exactly the same city development.

----------

More new players that don't read the stickied threads.

OP has 30+ Meg RP across 4 worlds. They gave at least a couple hints about this in their post, mentioning 'during the last year' and knowing about the Aid All and Tavern All Proposals.

As to battling just press auto.

Which in high Era high level GE is a great way to fail. Negotiate? The OP's problem is saving time. How long does negotiate take? I've never tried it, Which si why I don't bat 1000 ub DCs.Stupidly pigheaded on my part...

Like everything else, it is a hard chpice the player has to make.

DeletedUser32397

Is it just me or is there an increase of new players trying to change the game? :rolleyes:

Volodya

Um...

Problem: Game takes too much time. Solution: Spend less time playing.
Problem: Too many events. Solution: Skip some.

Etc. Really though, I don't think your complaints go far enough. Go all in and demand that Inno give every player a single "I win!!!11!!!" button. They could charge for it, 10 or even a whopping 20 diamonds! Then Inno wins too! Everyone wins!

Oy vey.

DeletedUser31206

I vote no.

I understabd the sentiment about time, I disagree that it;s a problem. INNO has added a lot of features and they all nibble and in some cases gobble up time, But all of them except Incidents can dramatically increase a player's game state advancement.

Time is the most valuable resource, the corollary of that is that we have to prioritize which features we will play and optimizing our cities for those choices to minimize the time spent.

Hard choices. Add another city for fun and a new diamond mine? Adopt HQS? Sacrifice troops to autobattle? Do GvG? Do that much needed remodel of your city today? The list goes on and on. What am I going to spend my time on?

That is part of the price we pay to play this rich deep complex game. Which I think is a good thing. But I can certainly see how someone else can find having to make those choice annoying.

But it is not a reason to change the game.

These two are related and readily solvable. DCs are exactly what I'm talking about in optimizing your city. I'd be happy to tell you how I do so and manage to bat over.800 and spend less then 10 minutes a day doing so. Events are pure choice. Is the payoff worth the time? Note well, efficient DC and Event resolution require almost exactly the same city development.

----------

OP has 30+ Meg RP across 4 worlds. They gave at least a couple hints about this in their post, mentioning 'during the last year' and knowing about the Aid All and Tavern All Proposals.

Which in high Era high level GE is a great way to fail. Negotiate? The OP's problem is saving time. How long does negotiate take? I've never tried it, Which si why I don't bat 1000 ub DCs.Stupidly pigheaded on my part...

Like everything else, it is a hard chpice the player has to make.
I agree that one doesn't always win by pressing auto, but I actually wasn't thinking of rather or not a player could win by pressing auto only that it would make it so that the battle was quick.

DeletedUser6892

Since this isn't really in proposal format I don't feel the need to vote, but it is an interesting topic for discussion/ feedback. I used to play on 21 worlds and now I'm down to 9. I'm at 9 not because I have time for that many worlds but because I am enmeshed with my guilds there, playing with people I've known through FoE for 5 years. It's hard to leave a guild like that but I think about leaving another world all the time-picking which one is so hard I've just kept it at 9:(

But yeah, I'd like less time demanding features of the game. Specifically less calls for do X (where X can be 15 to 80 or more) of a specific time production. I don't care if the quest wants me to do 80 5 minute productions. It still feels like busy work and I never enjoyed busy work in school so why would I want it now? I wish FoE would reduce the frequency of those sort of quests and bring in some new quests. They have some very challenging quests why not offset it by having some easy ones like the old send a pm to a player, or something to help newer players learn the game like attach one of your trades to a message.

Really it's the repetitiveness of event and daily chest quests that I find tedious. I opt out of the daily chests most of the time. I'm only donating 150 goods to my treasury if I can choose what era to send- no one needs FE or OF in the guild treasury. It'd be far more helpful for me to donate CE or ME to fill my guilds' treasury needs.

So I think we need more variety in quests so we don't have the same ones over and over for every event. Events happen so fast now- why not have an event that does not ask for any scouting or research at all if the event last week asked for both.

DeletedUser26965

I agree with the sentiment that as the game grows in features, especially things like Friends Tavern where you have to click on every single friend and over time try to figure out who is active and such is taking away from the incentive for playable alt cities, that is alt cities that are just as playable as a main city rather than just a WW farm.

So I guess it is becoming a question of do you want a game with more stuff or more alts? Another game out there as it has grown in size has made earlier game leveling much faster and easier and as such made having alts easier but I'm not sure if that would apply well to this game.

DeletedUser29623

How would an Aid All button deal with something like the Dynamic Tower or other GBs that bestow benefits for aiding? This seems not very well thought-through.