• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Regarding Viking settlements and good required for expansions.

• Thread starter DeletedUser37110
  • Start date

DeletedUser37110

i have recently started a Viking settlement and managed to get one expansion, which I needed due to the large number of boulders in the original land area. I’m not really sure how that happened, so I am unable to duplicate the action. When I try to access another expansion, without using diamonds, I get a message saying I can’t because I don’t have enough goods. Is there someplace in the instructions that tells exactly how many goods, and what kind of goods I need to have for the next expansion? I have looked, but may have missed something,

DeletedUser36624

When you click on the build icon, and then the expansions tab (or click on an expansion in the settlement), there should be numbers with the buttons showing the goods options. You only need to have enough goods for one of the buttons, greyed out buttons mean you don't have enough goods of that type, but if there is an orange one, then you have enough.

RazorbackPirate

You can find it on the Build menu under the Expansion tab,

upload_2019-1-5_20-48-18.png

or you can click on an empty Expansion Pad on the Map.

upload_2019-1-5_20-50-52.png

In this example, my next Expansion will cost me 32 Axes OR 12 Mead OR 1 Horn OR 1 Wool. As you can see, I have enough of both Axes and Mead to use either good to purchase my next Expansion.

DeletedUser37110

And, there it was—plain as day! Thank you both for the reference. I thought I looked at that same wiki yesterday, but obviously did not. My frustration level has been greatly reduced. :)

DeletedUser37110

Razorback, the screenshot is very helpful, but I don’t get that much information regarding the needed good from the expansion portion of my build menu. I am playing FOE on my iPad, and I wonder if that is why there is a difference. Was your screenshot taken from a pc version of the game?

Thank you.

RazorbackPirate

Yes, from PC.

On mobile, on the Build menu, on the Expansion tab, click on the non-diamond expansion. It should pop up another box, that will show you the required goods. It will look similar to the right half of the second screen capture. If you have enough goods available, one of the 4 buttons will turn orange.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3882

@Granny Two Shoes
On mobile you can access the same window.

Select build menu. ON THE MAP, select one of the now highlighted available expansion slots on the map itself. This opens up the same expansion pop up as shown above.
4AAD818B-0AD5-432D-8E41-0A23D2D30EF7.jpeg

2E0CBFEF-CA89-45CF-8696-30495E3709D0.png

Selecting the non-diamond expansion in the menu will only pop up IF you have goods available to unlock. If not, it displays red text telling you you do not.
F651466A-AD94-49C3-9CF0-B1270458B6E1.jpeg

BruteForceAttack

No first ;you have to use diamonds to buy the unlock and then you can use the goods to buy the expansion buildings. Looks like a diamond drain/grabb from Inno or a way for them to force players to buy diamonds. well i wont be able to finish this expansion, because i have very limits "RL" funds to buy diamonds every day. Thanks for the diamond suck.

No, you don't "have to " use diamonds.

DeletedUser32328

No first ;you have to use diamonds to buy the unlock and then you can use the goods to buy the expansion buildings. Looks like a diamond drain/grabb from Inno or a way for them to force players to buy diamonds. well i wont be able to finish this expansion, because i have very limits "RL" funds to buy diamonds every day. Thanks for the diamond suck.
No you don't need to spend diamonds. The first non-diamond expansion can be obtained as soon as you have axes. Stop spreading lies. Thanks.

DeletedUser30900

No you don't need to spend diamonds. The first non-diamond expansion can be obtained as soon as you have axes. Stop spreading lies. Thanks.
Sometimes people don’t lie on purpose. They are just not smart enough to see through the truth.

DeletedUser31283

if i am incorrect then i apologize, i was not trying to spread "lies"!!!!! but that is what i saw i will wait more time and report back on other cities i run in FOE. Again sorry if i was incorrect!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser33827

The viking settlement has idea's I love but its too much work to lose everything and restart with each new viking village that comes my way. I don't like impediments. I wasted diamonds, yes used those before realizing they go bye bye when this is finished....and get a big rock that can't be moved. Please re-do or adjust so that we can keep spaces esp bought with diamonds but even squares I've paid goods for. To have to re-start each time, nine times to get the final result...I just won't do again. Its a waste of my time.

Agent327

The viking settlement has idea's I love but its too much work to lose everything and restart with each new viking village that comes my way. I don't like impediments. I wasted diamonds, yes used those before realizing they go bye bye when this is finished....and get a big rock that can't be moved. Please re-do or adjust so that we can keep spaces esp bought with diamonds but even squares I've paid goods for. To have to re-start each time, nine times to get the final result...I just won't do again. Its a waste of my time.

Having to restart and facing a new challenge is the exact purpose of it. If they take that away the might as well take the settlements away.

DeletedUser31283

Shouldn't that apply to people that make false accusations as well?
upload_2019-1-7_7-22-24.png
do you see what it says just above the grayed out button that says unlock . It shows a picture of a diamond and has a number 31. Geeee i wonder what that means. As you can see i have 30 axes still wont unlock. Not lying and thanks for the apology. pleas if i am still incorrect show me where because i paid 31 diamonds on another city and the next building is approximately 5 times the first at 171 diamonds. Please teach me so i can be as smart as you.