• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Regarding Viking settlements and good required for expansions.

• Thread starter DeletedUser37110
  • Start date

DeletedUser36624

The space required to run a goods building starts out at around 3 expansions worth of space. In the beginning, that's shacks and shrines. Once you get huts, your needed space for population drops by about a third, and I'm able to run 4 goods buildings in 9 expansion spaces. Exactly what good you are producing is largely irrelevant, the larger goods buildings require less population (although they do require slightly more space overall to run, it's not significant). They all require the exact same amount of coins. Impediments will throw a wrench in the calculations to some extent, but to start you can ballpark on 3 more expansions to run 1 more goods building regardless of which good it is. There really isn't a point to a strategy document addressing which goods buildings to build when unless it is touching on which good to buy expansions with.

DeletedUser36624

I've put it in build mode so the grid is visible. There are two shrines that are hard to see behind the embassy.
settlement.png

DeletedUser36624

15 minutes or an hour, depending on what I'm doing. I already use a pomodoro timer, so it's easy to just use the shrines as a pomodoro timer, although I wish there was a 30 min option. I tried an extended stint of 5 min collections, and it's just impossible to get anything else done doing that.

DeletedUser37173

Anyone know where we should be or better how far along we should be to capture the best reward? Right now I have almost enough Mead to unlock Huts.

DeletedUser37173

I might be moving slow agent but most likely it’s bc this is monotonous at best and I find it difficult to want to play it....what part of this is supposed to be fun? We are basically rebuilding BA or IA again, and again, and again, and again, and again...etc...

RazorbackPirate

I might be moving slow agent but most likely it’s bc this is monotonous at best and I find it difficult to want to play it....what part of this is supposed to be fun? We are basically rebuilding BA or IA again, and again, and again, and again, and again...etc...
No one is forcing you. If you don't like settlements, don't do settlements.

DeletedUser34480

I disagree. Actually, I find it overly requiring, not slow. I am going to complete the first settlement on time -- but I won't work this hard again :)
And, it is sort of fun :)

Even though the map shows 5 expansion slots left, does this mean I'll get no more without paying diamonds?

Attachments

• VikingsExpansions.JPG
    VikingsExpansions.JPG
    509.4 KB · Views: 10