Remembering Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Forge Hall' started by Steeler the great, Apr 16, 2019 at 3:11 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steeler the great

Steeler the great New Member

I’ve contacted Inno about a magnanimous gesture to the FOE community. To remember, honor, etc. the substantial loss of Notre Dame I suggest that Inno allows all players a free expansion, set of prints, and goods required to build Notre Dame and if possible reimburse all who have already built with those goods spent and a set of prints.

What say you?

2. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

No. Game-wise it's a terrible GB, I don't have it on any world.

hammie82300 likes this.
  3. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

I say that this proposal must be properly formatted first. One of the stickied threads of the Proposals subforum will show you the template that you can copy and paste so that you can write it out.

4. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Active Member

+1 good idea, but then do i get free space and good s andprints( i need the space) because of the fact that it is in ruins 2?:)

5. Clara Osgood

Clara Osgood Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Mount Killmore, Noarsil, Rugnir, Sinerania
    No. Commemorating something is fine. Players profiting from something (hand out free hoods, expansion, etc) is not so fine

6. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Active Member

-1 maybe like an extra diamond sell or something with nd bps and extra fps idk and idc (don't buy diamonds)

7. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Proposals need to be in proper format. You can find the proper format in this thread:
    https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/
    You can change the original post to the proper format using the Edit button. Pending proper format, I am moving this thread to Forge Hall for discussion. If you have questions about this or about why the proper format is needed, you may PM me. You can do this by clicking on my name and going to my profile page and click on "Start a Conversation". I will respond usually within 24 hours.

If/when you put this proposal in proper format, post a message here with my name in this format: @Stephen Longshanks and I will move it back to the Proposals section of the Forum.

Lancer likes this.
  8. Steeler the great

9. Steeler the great

Thanks

I didn’t see all the read me first posts. I had contacted Inno and they said go to the forum. So, I did. I’ll work on it tomorrow.

Lancer likes this.
  10. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

"Hey Inno a building's on fire, no one died and most of the building was saved but give me free stuff cuz reasons!"

11. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

I say the vultures are already circling the corpse.

Manda the first likes this.
  12. MandyTheAlabastard

MandyTheAlabastard Well-Known Member

Oh, oh yeah, Inno, can I also get from free FPs from that too?!? I want more free stuff!

Am I going to use the goods to build Notre Dame? Yeah of course, totally won't throw it into my guild treasury for GvG.

Am I going to use the forge points to build Notre Dame? Yeah, sure, never going to throw it into the swaps or my Arc, nah, everybody knows Notre Dame is more powerful than the Arc.

Am I going to use that one extra expansion so I could place down my Notre Dame? Oh heck yeah, that Notre Dame is going to be worth its space over a new terrace farm.

Man, it's so great to commemorate such a tragedy with "FREEEEEEEE STUFFFFFFFFFF", because how unflawed is that? Nah, this won't kill game balance, nah.

In all seriousness, if you really want to commemorate Notre Dame, go work your butt off and get those blueprints yourself through swaps and whatnot, and get yourself the goods. At least you put in some effort through this which shows your dedication towards the commemoration. And everyone is going to tease you for having one, but if you truly are commemorating Notre Dame, at least you wouldn't care about getting teased.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 10:14 AM
    portoszg and Manda the first like this.
  13. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Active Member

It's is a tragedy the Arc burned down in your head. You disagree with commemorating something then go down and commemorate the Arc. Because how unflawed is that? XD

14. Ecatoco

Ecatoco New Member

I had been thinking that to remember Notre Dame as it was before the fire, it might be cool to beef up the Notre Dame gb rewards so that it was a more valuable and desireable building. Seems like that would be a good way to honor the damage to such an historic and beloved cultural icon.

15. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

What they said. Seriously? Oh, a tragedy happened, give me free stuff. Even in jest, that this is your response within 24 hours, and you had the cojones to contact support with an expectation of being taken seriously, is ... well ... seriously disturbing. As a human being, I think you're broken.

16. DreadfulCadillac

i am hm, i9 have WAY TO MANY HMA GOODS AND NOTRE DAME PRINTS, and i dont care if i get teased, i nbuilt one to commemorate it:)

17. DreadfulCadillac

but then i deleted it

18. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

I see all this news about Notre Dame burning and all I can think about is what a crappy GB it is. Probably a good sign I'm playing too much FoE and need to cut back.

DreadfulCadillac and UBERhelp1 like this.
  19. KungQu

KungQu Well-Known Member

But you can rebuild it! Interesting article about how the building was photographed and laser scanned a few years ago https://tinyurl.com/y5qarcej

20. qaccy

qaccy Well-Known Member

I'll admit, looking at the forums today and seeing all the Notre Dame threads, I thought it was the birth of some new forum joke. I essentially live under a rock, so I had no idea that something had happened to the real building. Ultimately though, no lives were lost, only a few were injured, and while it's going to take many years to repair, the building is still largely intact so this event wasn't really that bad, all things considered. Even if it was, I don't think it warrants any sort of look at the FoE version of the building.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.