Remove 'Give up' display screen during an active GE encounter

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by voidsource, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voidsource

voidsource New Member

Proposal
    To remove 'give up' pop display screen once a player hits 'pay & negotiate' during an active GE encounter.

Current System (if applicable)
    GE Encounter ( any encounter past the first attempt ). Could potentially lead to a bug in game somehow someway.

Details
    I'd rather just show u what i mean. You'll get the gist of it. Ideally should just be removed the moment i hit "pay & negotiate"

Abuse Prevention
    None that im aware of.

Visual Aids
    Heres the youtube video again

Conclusion
    Could potentially lead to an unforseen bug if somehow they timed it the exact same moment the negotiation and give up happen. Idk. Ideally should just be removed the moment i hit "pay & negotiate"

2. Clara Osgood

Clara Osgood Well-Known Member

The Give Up button is there to allow players the option of stopping & saving their goods if they feel they've made too many mistakes or got dealt incredibly lousy luck (say on their final round & still have no "correct" ones of the 5).

You can either do Pay or Give Up, not both unless this is some weird PC dilemma). So how can they ever happen together? A weird bug indeed? Shouldn't Inno just fix bugs when they occur instead of removing features/options for fear of bugs?

voidsource likes this.
  3. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

While I appreciate that you put this in proper format, this isn't something that needs changed. You are obviously forcing the situation that you are complaining about by clicking outside the negotiation window after selecting what items to offer but before actually hitting Pay. You are performing an uncommon act that produces no actual negative effect, therefore the game change is not needed. If you don't like that this happens, simply don't make it happen. Don't click outside the negotiation window while the Pay button is active. Problem solved without wasting the developers' time.

4. voidsource

voidsource New Member

Well yea, thats more of what i meant, they should fix it so that the "give up" window is not available if i confirm my action to be "pay & negotiate"....

You are saying that even though i forced a situation, the situation should not need fixing? So say if this situation, forced on by me creates a bug...say i hit 'pay & negotiate' and timed it so that i get all the tribes correct and hit give up link at the same exact time to which could create a bug where the game now has taking me back to the encounters and lets just say for the sake of the argument the game recognizes both ( the encounter accomplished and ecountered failed/given up ) and now as a direct result i am in a state where i can collect the prize reward but cant proceed forward bc i have to redo the encounter....then i redo the encounter but theres no longer a prize....what kinda bug do you think that could be?

All I am simply stating is that they should fix/remove the pop up window once i hit 'pay & negotiate'...im not asking to remove the give up window entirely...i am saying to fix it so its not an option once i have CONFIRMED that i want to proceed with the negotiations. Why is that so hard to understand? its not changing the game permanently but potentially preventing a bug.

And on another note, developers want to hear of any potential bugs that people might encounter or situations that SHOULD NOT exist...why? bc it avoids potentials bugs. Please forward this to the developers as it could potentially be a game bug if left unchecked.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019
    DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  5. Stephen Longshanks

Ummm, yes.
    You want them to address a hypothetical bug?!? Something that has not actually happened...something that is only in your imagination?
    I'm pretty sure they want to hear about real bugs, or things that have actually happened that might or might not be bugs, not imaginary ones. If you really think this is a bug, you should contact support in-game and file a ticket and also post this under "Bug Reports" here on the Forum. The Proposal section is not for bug reports.
    If you want it forwarded to the developers, follow the instructions I gave you on how to report bugs.

6. Stephen Longshanks

Since this is a report of a potential bug, I am moving this thread to the appropriate section of the Forum.

7. voidsource

voidsource New Member

Thanks for moving it where it should go.

Do you understand the main reason why bugs happen? It has to do more or less with the way things work or unintentionally work. So on that note, do you think the developers meant for two options to be able to happen at the same exact time? If that's what they wanted then bravo it works exactly as intended. But more than likley i am sure they did not. Hence this has the potential of going bad. What if i had managed to time it correctly and i put the server in a state of moving forward ( by technically accomplishing the encounter ) and going backwards ( by giving up)....at the same exact time....dont u think that could itself make the game server crash for all those players on it and not just myself? I really dont know the exact consequences of getting those 2 to happen at the same time but i know one thing for a fact. It isn't what the developers intended.

Yes i am quite certain they want to make sure they hear about potential bugs. Even after stating the potential of it. I could go on about how potentially many players could stack up in diamonds by exploiting this but i am sure you don't care about it. So i will also submit a ticket.

8. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

I am quite certain that this works exactly as intended. As such, not a bug. Just because you don't like the action your triggering, still doesn't make it a bug. Don't like what it's doing? Stop doing what your doing. Hey, look! Bug gone.

It is intended that at any time during a negotiation you can bail out. At any time.

You also can't win and abort at the same time. Since this won't get fixed, I dare you to try it. Please report back you're results. Lol.

9. icarusethan

icarusethan Well-Known Member

So he ended up being wrong or paid the goods and still lost the negotiation?
    hmm, win-win to us:)

Godly Luke likes this.
  10. voidsource

voidsource New Member

So glad your a dev and you know the exact consequences....hm....great to know dev....anything else u got to say dev? oh ur not a dev...quite disapointed. I guess i should care more or less of what u developed in this game.

11. voidsource

voidsource New Member

Guess it's a win win....what exactly did u get in the game? goods? medals? forge points?

Some of you members in the community are quite toxic to the community as a whole. Not knowing what could potentially cause a bug and speak on behalf of the developers with full certainty yet at the same time are not part of the dev team....makes this just quite toxic. With situations like these, I can't help to wonder just how active the devs are in the forums.

12. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

No.

Don't trust client input. Since Inno doesn't appear to be a bunch of monkeys, they will not trust client input, and will make the game server robust against all possible sequences of commands, since it is trivial to produce command sequences that the official client is not capable of making.

13. RazorbackPirate

Have you actually won and aborted at the same time chicken little? No, chicken little? Give it a try, chicken little. Then you'll actually have a bug to report chicken little... disappointed chicken little, you think stuff that can't even happen is a bug. I guess you don't care to actually think, there's the actual bug. Lol.

14. RazorbackPirate

Some of you players in the community are quite detrimental to the community as a whole. Reporting something you don't like as if it could potentially cause a bug and speak on behalf of the players with full certainty trying to add weight to your argument yet at the same time are not reporting an actual bug to the dev team....makes this just quite detrimental. With situations like these, it's no wonder the devs have no activity in the forums.

harbinger956 likes this.
  15. voidsource

voidsource New Member

First off, thanks for being more on topic about the issue and less opinionated on it. Although most of the action is client side, the reward payout has to go back to the server to keep it recorded. So it is also server side. If i were to log into the game on my mobile it has to connect to the server and update it with the new rewards or loss of coins, medals fps etc...since my last login from a mobile device. My concern is how the game would handle the info if it were to receive both a false and true statement. idk....I've scripted mods before for other games and i had run into script issues bc i had unintentionally scripted an unforeseen event that caused such scenario. That's why i bring it up to the forum.

16. Stephen Longshanks

Let me know when you figure out how to click two distinctly different spots on the screen simultaneously. You can't. Same reason you can't Surrender and Autobattle simultaneously. Because no matter how fast your hand is, it's not as fast as the computer. This is why it's not even a potential bug. Because you're postulating a hypothetical situation that can't happen.

Graviton likes this.
  17. voidsource

voidsource New Member

I can't speak on 'autobattle' as i am only brining it up as it shows up on negotiations ( after the first attempt )....so my concern is with active negotiations(meaning after the first attempt).

18. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

Nothing is transmitted to the server other than your actions. The server then decides if those actions are sane and allowed. The server won't allow you to (for example) pick a good that isn't in the list allowed for negotiation. The client sends your choices to the server, the server then validates them, and sends the result to your client. The client never sends results to the server.

19. voidsource

voidsource New Member

No i get that part, but what im stating is that by sending the choices and sending a 'give up' scenario to the server at the same time, the server might run into a bug, especially if all the choices are correct ( which will take me to the encounters ) and i give up ( which would also send me to the encounters ) but i could maybe be stuck in an infinite loop of proceeding forward and repeating an encounter bc both actions were sent at the same time.

20. Stephen Longshanks

Which ignores my point that you cannot click two spots on the screen simultaneously, and the possibility of doing that is the focal point of your supposed bug.
    Apparently you're not getting the part where that isn't humanly possible. You can't do it. Even if you had a touch screen and tried to click and tap at the same time, the computer would be able to tell which came first. Even elementary buzzer systems can do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.